The start of the new season is just days away and the Scoutcast crew are still full of doubts about their 15-man Fantasy Premier League squads.
Andy, Az, David and Mark join me to mull over our likely strategies for the start of the 2018/19 campaign as well as reveal our current line-ups.
Across our 82-minute chat, a consensus emerges on backing Manchester City and Liverpool premium assets. But that could all change depending on tomorrow’s transfer deadline day deals and surprise team news.
Meanwhile, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Crystal Palace and Bournemouth look set to supply our teams with a supporting cast of bargain enablers due to favourable fixtures. Well, for now at least.
But the groupthink soon breaks down when we discuss forward options, with Mark looking exclusively for value up top, while the rest of us are more keen to splash our cash.
The hive-mind soon returns at the end as we reveal our top choice for the Gameweek 1 armband, so to help those daring to shun a certain Egyptian we also offer up a host of alternative captaincy options.
If you’re a traditional type, you can acquire the mp3 audio version via this link on the first player below, or take in the full visual experience via the second player below.
Also, this week we are publishing a series of videos looking in detail at each of the Scoutcast regulars’ current Gameweek 1 line-ups.
Read more with Scout
Pick your FPL team for 2018/19 using our list of best available players, sorted for your convenience by position and price:
Also check out our detailed statistical analysis articles on every team comparing data for the last two seasons to highlight the players to sign and the players to avoid:
Arsenal | Bournemouth | Brighton & Hove Albion | Burnley | Cardiff City | Chelsea | Crystal Palace | Everton | Fulham | Huddersfield Town | Leicester City | Liverpool | Manchester City | Manchester United | Newcastle United | Southampton | Tottenham Hotspur | Watford | West Ham | Wolves
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2018/19 campaign are now available for the pre-season price of just £12.50. This will increase to the regular price of £15 after the first Gameweek of the season.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 130+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.