Liam Cooper (£4.4m) makes a much-anticipated return to Leeds United’s defence for their Gameweek 7 meeting with Leicester City.
The centre-back returns to the heart of the back-four, allowing Luke Ayling (£ to resume right-back duties and pushing Stuart Dallas (£4.5m) to left-back once more.
However, Leeds will miss Rodrigo (£5.8m) in the middle of the park as the club revealed in their team news bulletin that the player is self-isolating “having been in close contact with a person who has subsequently tested positive for coronavirus”.
They have confirmed the Spaniard is now isolating in line with government guidelines, although no specific date was given for the positive test and, therefore, end of the isolation period.
Pablo Hernández (£5.8m) replaces Rodrigo in midfield, while most of the attention is likely to be on Patrick Bamford (£6.0m) tonight.
Only Ben Chilwell (£5.9m) earned more new owners than the Leeds forward for Gameweek 7, although just 34.7% of his FPL points have come at Elland Road this season.
Indeed, the former Chelsea man has blanked twice from three matches there since earning promotion to the Premier League.
By contrast, Jamie Vardy (£10.0m), still owned by 17% of Fantasy managers, has netted in every single away league match in 2020/21, averaging 12.3 points per game on the road.
Harvey Barnes (£6.9m) and Dennis Praet (£5.5m) support him from attacking midfield in a 3-4-2-1 formation while James Maddison (£7.0m) drops to the bench.
Jonny Evans (£5.5m) does not feature, so Brendan Rodgers is forced into a makeshift back-three of Christian Fuchs (£4.5m), Luke Thomas (£4.3m) and Wesley Fofana (£5.0m) while James Justin (£4.8m) and Marc Albrighton (£5.3m) are the left and right wing-backs respectively.
Leeds United XI: Meslier; Dallas, Cooper, Koch, Ayling; Shackleton; Harrison, Hernández, Klich, Costa; Bamford.
Leicester City XI: Schmeichel; Fuchs, L Thomas, Fofana; Justin, N Mendy, Tielemans, Albrighton; H Barnes, Praet; Vardy.
LESSONS LEARNED FROM FPL GAMEWEEK 7
- Wolves 2-0 Crystal Palace
- Sheffield United 0-1 Manchester City
- Burnley 0-3 Chelsea
- Liverpool 2-1 West Ham United
- Aston Villa 3-4 Southampton
- Newcastle United 2-1 Everton
- Manchester United 0-1 Arsenal
- Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Brighton and Hove Albion
- Fulham 2-0 West Bromwich Albion
- Leeds United 1-4 Leicester City
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.