Betting

The Fantasy Flutter with Paddy Power – Gameweek 33

While Paddy Power get distracted by the gee-gees at Aintree, we turn to the Scout Picks for inspiration once again in another bid to beat them at their own game. The late news on Wayne Rooney’s injury has left us one down in the market stakes but there’s still a couple of in-form budget-friendly midfielders that catch our eye…

We start by crossing the border to Wales, where Cardiff are set to entertain fellow-strugglers Crystal Palace. This time around, Paddy are prepared to offer 10/1 on Jordan Mutch to score and the Bluebirds to register a clean sheet. The in-form midfielder has netted three times in the last two, whilst Tony Pulis’ side have scored just one goal in their last six road trips – with this in mind, Paddy gets £4 of our kitty.

Our final £6 goes on this afternoon’s showdown at Carrow Road, where Norwich take on West Brom in a proverbial six-pointer. Paddy are offering 11/1 on Robert Snodgrass to score and the Canaries to keep out their midlands opponents. Bearing in mind that Snodgrass has scored in two of his last three home fixtures and Chris Hughton’s side have conceded a single strike in the last six in front of their own supporters, this is our bet of the week.

Register and Bet £10 And Get £20 of Free Bets

If you’re new to Paddy Power, you can take up any of these odds and get yourself a bonus. You can sign up on this site and receive four free bets of £5 when you register an account and bet a tenner. More details can be found here.

1. 7shadesofsmoke
    3 years, 10 months ago

Not really sure how to play this out now, with 6 GWs to go, I'm sat just inside the top 7K.

My original target was to half my previous best rank (my stonking debut 400K)
    I made the top 100K a target early on when i found i had started well enough.
    Then the top 10K became realistic and I've been there or thereabouts for a long time.

Whatever happens, i'll be happy with my OR. Mini League was sewn up at christmas.

DO I GO D-OUT?

Put everything on the line, captain Silva or Yaya, push for a top 1K finish (50 points to make up)?
    Or just play the percentages, secure a top 10K finish and see if i can squeeze into the top 5K with incremental gains (only 8 points gap)?

1. Woy of the Wovers

Play steady and sure.

2. Conor McGregor
      3 years, 10 months ago

Better to get a top 10k finish after a long season than risk it all and end up in no mans land

1. 7shadesofsmoke

good point.

3. Evs

What would you prefer...

Settling for A top 5k finish or...

Chance between inside top 3k or so, or outside 10k

High reward = high risk !

1. 7shadesofsmoke
        3 years, 10 months ago

This is it Evs, I am a bit of a Maverick and i've been containing myself all season.

What would you do in this position? (I know being in this position you'd probably consider it a fairly underwhelming season, given your previous!)

1. Evs
          3 years, 10 months ago

Play steady if your going for a PB rank.

1. 7shadesofsmoke

The voice of reason.

I'd be an idiot to ignore your advice. Thanks Evs, you probably just saved me from a nosedive finish to the season. 😀

4. TorresMagic™
      3 years, 10 months ago

Get the captain wrong = outside top 10K possibly this week.

1. 7shadesofsmoke
        3 years, 10 months ago

Likely, given Suarez has ruthlessly punished me on the few occasions i've gambled on the likes of Rooney, Sturridge and Aguero...

Top 10K is still a great achievement for me. Maybe i should just try to cement that... hmmm

5. TRASH BOAT
        3 years, 10 months ago

im in a very similar spot. first season at 200 odd k but at 5800 at present. only difference is thats just a 50 point ml lead.

ive taken a -4 this week to get hazard back in as rivals have him. so i guess im playing more for ml than rank atm.

1. 7shadesofsmoke

great rank!

I swapped Haz for Yaya just in time for his hat trick the other week. I don't think i'll be going back so thats a risk in itself.

Mini League is absolutely the primary focus though, sounds sensible to cover someone as explosive as him.

Good luck!

1. TRASH BOAT
              3 years, 10 months ago

cheers. as the rest say id plot a steady course but not be afraid to go on a hunch - thats probably what got you this rank in the first place. to me there are really only a pool of around 40-50 players that are ff choices, just a case of getting the right combos at the right time. good luck in the quest.

2. The Great Statuto
          3 years, 10 months ago

Go for glory. Be the best you can. Because that's what I would like to do given those circumstances.

1. 7shadesofsmoke
            3 years, 10 months ago

encouraging the maverick in me.

Thing is, when i let my right brain take control of team selection, i normally plummet in rank.
            My Left brain seems pretty good at making the recovery happen... but the logic is boring and flair has maximum kudos.

Maybe i'll leave the gamble for the last couple of weeks. do the sensible thing and see where i'm at.

How are you getting on?

1. The Great Statuto
              3 years, 10 months ago

I'm a novice, but I'm a real maverick too. Truth is my style more often hurts me than not. I normally end up in the money positions in ML and thats all that matters. So as others are saying, if you want personal best then slow and steady is the key. But take the blue pill... well it could be a wild ride! A few years ago I played the world cup FFL game. I played safe and steady and was mid the. I held on and held on to my WC. Plan being come the final I would play it and get all the players in for one of the finalists and sew it up. Come the final was mid table in mini league and choked and decided it would be better to beat one of my rivals. Had I gone all out i would have won the ML by 1 point by picking the whole Spanish team! Sorry for digression. Just wanted to illustrate with a real example. Good luck with whatever choice you make. I know now I should have gambled. 🙂

3. Greasy
            3 years, 10 months ago

Same position I am in, well close enough.... Last season(my firt real year playing) I finished around 300k... Now I am at 1.8k!

My highest rank tho year I was up to 730 so I think I'm going to aim for top 1k

1. 7shadesofsmoke
              3 years, 10 months ago

Great rank! You shouldn't be far off that goal in terms of points, no need to take any big risks.

Good luck mate, hope you nail that 3-digit finish.

Open Controls
          • Zan Keroski - Fashanu Zeala…
            3 years, 10 months ago

Keep playing your own game and trying to get most points. Ive never seen 2 teams the same so there are always opportunities to gain rank without needing to take low percentage risks.

I climbed from about 5k to 600 last year in the last few weeks and did it using this approach, probably passing lots of people trying to be too clever with their differentials

1. Camp No No

Agreed.

• 7shadesofsmoke
                3 years, 10 months ago

Sensible, I hadn't really considered that.

Thank you for the advice.

2. 7shadesofsmoke
              3 years, 10 months ago

Thank you all for the advice.

Suarez © it is. #captainsensible

1. Evs
                3 years, 10 months ago

You could get crucified if it back fires.

I would guess 90%+ of top 10k will (c) Suarez this Gw.

3. getfunky
                3 years, 10 months ago

are you a gambler? are you prepared for the loss if it doesn't work out? you know the risks so it's down to you.

personally i've always found that taking a (c) risk when you have someone who scores as consistently as saurez rarely works out & you find yourself losing positions. i was top of my mini league by 40pts a few wks back, the guys behind me have been doing exactly that & now i'm 100 pts ahead.

4. Conor McGregor
              3 years, 10 months ago

Today's effort ready to go.

Mannone
              Coleman Demichellis Azpil
              Hazard Yaya Silva Eriksen
              Suarez (C) Sturridge Lukaku

Ward, Boruc, Bardsley, Oviedo

5. Arvin-ation
                3 years, 10 months ago

I'm tempted to bring in Torres for Sturridge. 1 week punt probably.

I've gone mad haven't I?

No Chelsea attacking cover ATM.

1. DonTheSpecialOne

I wouldn't.

2. La Roja

Nay

• Respect My Authoritah

Most sensible move I've seen all week. Do it

• Woy of the Wovers

You have gone mad.

• Arvin-ation

Cheers 🙂

Chasing a ML Lead, and not caring about your OR drives you to do crazy things

• OptimusBlack

Adrian

Coleman / Baines / ZAB (Chester / Dummett )

Schürrle / Yaya / Gerrard / Silva

Ward

2. Leelas legs 11

Ward

• Lizard Lips

HELP PLEASE!

Mannone (Adrian)
                            Baines Coleman Chester (Ward Bardsley)
                            Hazzy YYT Gerrard Silva (Ki)
                            Dzeko Studge Suarez

Got 2 FT £0 ITB. Got to be looking at getting Kun in for Dzeko next GW so not sure what transfer to use here, seems silly to let it burn.

1. Lizard Lips
                                3 years, 10 months ago

One week punt on Gerrard to Oscar?!

1. Arvin-ation
                                    3 years, 10 months ago

I wouldn't since you have Hazard.

Gerrard --> Eriksen/Michu?

1. Lizard Lips
                                        3 years, 10 months ago

Leaning towards doing that yeah, to Eriksen. Then ditching them next week for Ward Prowse and upgrading Dzeko to Aguero.

• Kip - Georgia Boyd
                                      3 years, 10 months ago

adrian => harper to free up funds

• Pepin - RIP Absinthe
                                    3 years, 10 months ago

Mata to Silva? I think no Rooney dents Mata's appeal and he's gone next week anyway...

1. marco_atk85

Do it

2. La Roja
                                        3 years, 10 months ago

I would hang onto Mata this week

• Chris_White

Silva.

• Evs
                                        3 years, 10 months ago

I Actually think the opposite, better for mata to play it into someone with a but of pace like Welbeck or Chico.

Rooney drops deep even if main spearhead.

1. La Roja

I agree

Evs is having a smart day

Who is your captain?

😆

1. Evs
                                              3 years, 10 months ago

Oi, they have been few and far between over the past months 😆

Boring, boring Suarez (c)

1. La Roja

😆

Studge (c) here

Good luck

• FootballManiac
                                                  3 years, 10 months ago

EVS & LA ROJA-who to play out of no one and lallana?leaning towards none as Cardiff gotta win but will none start?i think so

1. Evs
                                                    3 years, 10 months ago

I think I would still pick Lallana.

Better player in a better side, despite the fixture.

1. FootballManiac
                                                      3 years, 10 months ago

Yeah but the fixture is the hardest on paper.just feel saints won't get the ball much at ethihad.expecting a 2 pointer from lallana thought none has a better chance.

2. Respect My Authoritah

+1 Mata has now become my vice

• Twisted Saltergater
                                            3 years, 10 months ago

Mata and Hernandez could be dynamite.

• Conor McGregor
                                            3 years, 10 months ago

Mata prefers players who can do short passes/triangles rather than those who run away like Welbeck or Valencia

• MJ6987 (Denver)
                                              3 years, 10 months ago

Rooney being out is great for Mata IMO. The number of times that Mata passes to Rooney and move into a great position waiting for the return only for Rooney to waste possession with an aimless shot....

Welbeck is much less selfish

• SUPERMAN
                                              3 years, 10 months ago

Would you play kolorov or ward?

1. Chris_White

Kolarov

2. Twisted Saltergater

Kolorov. Massive upside.

3. SUPERMAN

Thanks

4. marco_atk85

To start with

A) flanagen vs whu
                                                B) AJ vs tot

1. Twisted Saltergater

How's their form? 😉

5. Twisted Saltergater
                                                3 years, 10 months ago

Selected your starting 11? Or struggling over who to bench? If the GW fixture isn't helping decide, then flip from 'Pitch View' to 'Data View' and look at form; they're might be a nice surprise sitting on your bench and someone stagnating in your team.

Top tip 😀

1. Evs
                                                  3 years, 10 months ago

Form is temporary, class is permanent 😉

1. Twisted Saltergater
                                                    3 years, 10 months ago

Tell that to Van Persie and Santi Cazorla!

1. Evs
                                                      3 years, 10 months ago

You can't blame Robin, only David.

Open Controls
                                                2. Zan Keroski - Fashanu Zeala…
                                                  3 years, 10 months ago

Looks i should play ward over baines on that basis. Thanks for the heads up 🙂

1. Twisted Saltergater

Ha, you never know! Baines 1pt'er in-coming.. 😀

6. roflbeard
                                                  3 years, 10 months ago

Replacing injured wazza for Dzeko seems logical to me now but should I be worried about his game time? And also when is aguero due back?

1. Respect My Authoritah

Aguero back next week. Bench Rooney and get Aguero after the deadline I say

Open Controls
                                                  2. Epic Fail 墅 ⚽ Bolivia G…

3. Pasqualinho
                                                    3 years, 10 months ago

No need to worry about his game time this week - but don't expect 180 mins next gameweek. But then again you shouldn't expect 180 next week from Aguero either.

• Optimus.

.............Mannone
                                                  .Azpillicueta Baines Ward
                                                  Hazard Silva Yaya Lallana
                                                  ..Sturridge Suarez Dzeko

Price Sterling Koscielny Demel

Lock n load

1. Evs
                                                    3 years, 10 months ago

Wouldn't you load before you lock?

Others wise you be shooting nothing. 🙂 ?!

1. Optimus.

Fair point 🙂

2. Twisted Saltergater
                                                      3 years, 10 months ago

Load n lock while sequentially correct, doesn't have a ring to it!

3. Pepin - RIP Absinthe
                                                      3 years, 10 months ago

Not the first time Optimus shooting blanks

1. Billy Gilmore
                                                          3 years, 10 months ago

That's not what your wife says 😉

1. Optimus.

Or mine 🙂

4. Lizard Lips
                                                        3 years, 10 months ago

How you planning to get in Aguero for GW34?

1. Optimus.

I have 3 City players already and i'm confident in Dzeko 🙂

1. Lizard Lips
                                                              3 years, 10 months ago

Good on ya! Any help for me please:

Mannone (Adrian)
                                                              Baines Coleman Chester (Ward Bardsley)
                                                              Hazzy YYT Gerrard Silva (Ki)
                                                              Dzeko Studge Suarez

Got 2 FT £0 ITB. Any wise moves instead of letting the transfer burn?

1. Optimus.
                                                                3 years, 10 months ago

Wow tough i honestly don't know..Maybe Adrian > £.9 to free up funds for next gw or Gerrard > Eriksen/Lalla if your brave

1. Optimus.

*3.9

• HFB

Bench one from
                                                          A Bony
                                                          B Mutch
                                                          C Snodgrass
                                                          D Mata

1. sminkypinky

Mutch

2. Polka Wakey O'Dot
                                                            3 years, 10 months ago

I wouldn't want to bench any of those today...

1. HFB

Other strikers are Lukaku/suarez
                                                                Mids are yaya/Hazard...tricky weekend...

2. Kip - Georgia Boyd

mutch

1. TRASH BOAT
                                                                    3 years, 10 months ago

ive just bought mutch! cant see how you can drop a guy in his form at home to a relegation rival and in a free scoring team. i agree its a good list u have there though

1. FozzyB
                                                                        3 years, 10 months ago

This is why I'm struggling to bench Mutch this week... Can't decide who to take out tho.

• SUPERMAN

Snodgrass 2 pointer today

• sminkypinky

Bench two.

Kolarov
                                                                    Ward
                                                                    Chester
                                                                    Coleman
                                                                    Azpi

Currently benching Kol and Ward..

1. Wilshere Knowledge
                                                                        3 years, 10 months ago

Kolarov will likely start, and if Kolarov starts, surely you have to play him?

1. sminkypinky
                                                                          3 years, 10 months ago

Do we know he'll start though?!

• SUPERMAN

Coleman and ward

1. sminkypinky
                                                                            3 years, 10 months ago

Thanks superman! Having a hard time choosing this week.

• Halftime
                                                                            3 years, 10 months ago

Ward, Cardiff will probably score. Not sure after that.

1. sminkypinky
                                                                              3 years, 10 months ago

😀 yeah. He's the easy one for me. I guess the other is chester after all...

• FozzyB
                                                                            3 years, 10 months ago

Can't decide who to drop - Giroud (EVE), Mutch (cry) or Eriksen (sun) ...

1. Respect My Authoritah
                                                                              3 years, 10 months ago

All 3 are the wrong way round for home/away.

Drop Giroud or Eriksen. I'd drop Giroud

2. Twisted Saltergater
                                                                              3 years, 10 months ago

Is Mutch your 5th mid? Tricky if so, but probably him.

1. FozzyB
                                                                                  3 years, 10 months ago

Yep 5th mid. Have been jealous of his recent points haul whilst sat on my bench tho!

2. Wilshere Knowledge

I'd drop Mutch.

Giroud against Stones? Yes please.

Giroud scored 2 in about 10 mins last time we played.

1. FozzyB

Gerrard!

• Respect My Authoritah

Ha! So many gags...

Gerrard

• Conor McGregor
                                                                                          3 years, 10 months ago

Gerrard - both players could have limited game time this week

• Bod

Gerrard

• Evs
                                                                                            3 years, 10 months ago

Don't play no one that would be just ridiculous 🙂

Open Controls
                                                                                          • El Magico - Insane In De Br…

Gerrard to Silva, bench noone

• Bod

Who to bench?

A - Lukaku
                                                                                            B - Mata
                                                                                            C - Mutch
                                                                                            D - Delph

1. Santi MMT

Delph

• MagnetBPS

Delph

• Chris_White
                                                                                                3 years, 10 months ago

So, I'll have to do Haz > Silva today if I want to be able to afford Aguero. Lovely. I've done two early transfers this season and been burnt both times.

1. Revival - Mozampique
                                                                                                  3 years, 10 months ago

The rate my team thing in members told me to Captain Hazard.

1. Chris_White

...after the deadline, obviously 😉

• Halftime
                                                                                                  3 years, 10 months ago

Play Kompany or Coleman? Thanks.

Open Controls
                                                                                                  1. Epic Fail 墅 ⚽ Bolivia G…

Kompany.

2. RedNev

Got to play both.

• 4-4-who?

Kompany

• golly28
                                                                                                        3 years, 10 months ago

On FPL, I have 2 free transfers. If I only make 1 this week, do I get 2 free next week? Ta

1. Andy1

1. Evans

Yep, Dann AND Chester

• Woy of the Wovers

Yep

2. Karlihno
                                                                                                                    3 years, 10 months ago

Are there any 4.6 mids worth having?

1. Wilshere Knowledge
                                                                                                                        3 years, 10 months ago

Noone is back from injury.

• Respect My Authoritah

Craig Noone @4.1

Richardson may be worth a look too

• Polka Wakey O'Dot

Noone, Delph, Albrighton..

1. Karlihno
                                                                                                                            3 years, 10 months ago

I was tempted by Alrighton....seems a bit punty

1. Polka Wakey O'Dot
                                                                                                                              3 years, 10 months ago

Very..Villa have a couple of other choices from players who have been less than impressive. I think Lambert will go with Albrighton who has always looked good when called on...usually as sub.

• Scotty B
                                                                                                                          3 years, 10 months ago

Start Fabio or Curtis Davies?

1. Revival - Mozampique

Curtis

• scarlet
                                                                                                                          3 years, 10 months ago

Vlaar or Bardsley for the remainder of the season?

1. Wilshere Knowledge
                                                                                                                              3 years, 10 months ago

Bardsley with extra games + goal threat.

• Conor McGregor
                                                                                                                              3 years, 10 months ago

Vlaar speaking as a Bardsley owner

• Respect My Authoritah

I just bought Alonso over Bardsley if that helps. I have Vlaar already though

Open Controls
                                                                                                                          2. El Magico - Insane In De Br…
                                                                                                                            3 years, 10 months ago

Start Mutch or Mirallas this GW?

1. Evans

Mutch

• Bolasie

Mutch

• Revival - Mozampique
                                                                                                                                3 years, 10 months ago

Would you change anything? Is it the Right starting 11?

Mannone
                                                                                                                                Mert M.Olsson Cahill
                                                                                                                                Puncheon Yaya Gerrard Hazard
                                                                                                                                Dzeko Suarez (c) Lukaku

Subs: Szczesny Barkley Distin Mariappa

1. Evans
                                                                                                                                    3 years, 10 months ago

I would play chesney but apart from that good yo go

2. Evans

Gents

Decided to bench to Mirallas and Burner .......Ok to go ?

Mannone
                                                                                                                                    Baines, Cahill, Ward, Chester
                                                                                                                                    Yaya, Nasri, Sterling
                                                                                                                                    SAS , lukaku

Subs: Davis, Burner, Mirallas, Gnabry

1. RedNev
                                                                                                                                        3 years, 10 months ago

Drop Ward, play Mirallas.

2. Camp No No
                                                                                                                                        3 years, 10 months ago

Feck. Chickened with YaYa(c). Suarez it is. Makes no sense since I play Adrian over Boruc.

1. Evans

Has to be Suarez

• RedNev
                                                                                                                                              3 years, 10 months ago

Suarez. I have a feeling WHM v LIV will be high scoring.

• Mr Smith
                                                                                                                                              3 years, 10 months ago

Anyone found any decent beta today?

Had my finger on the submit button for a 9/1 accie on City, Utd, Norwich & Chelsea wins but unsure now due to Rooney being out.

1. Mr Smith

*bets

• Respect My Authoritah
                                                                                                                                                  3 years, 10 months ago

I'd hold off on that. Stoke and Southampton in great form, one of the two will at least draw

1. Mr Smith
                                                                                                                                                      3 years, 10 months ago

City look to be getting some form back and I can see Chelsea going on the rampage after a bad week of footie in the BPL and CL.