There has been plenty happening on our site since the late-June relaunch of Fantasy Premier League.
We have already taken a position-by-position look at the FPL price list and churned out several player comparison articles, while our community have been busy discussing everything from rotation pairs to positional changes.
This latest round-up article assembles everything we have written so far in one place.
Price List and Player Analysis
As happens every summer, our FPL coverage begins in earnest with an initial look at the price list.
Our goalkeeper analysis was divided into two parts, with a lament on the possible struggle for budget shot-stoppers in 2019/20 followed up by a glance through the options available for £5.0m+.
Giggs Boson and Ramboros were among the site users bemoaning the lack of choice in the sub-£5.0m tier, while The Fantasy FreAEK hailed Lucas Digne (£6.0m) and put Trent Alexander-Arnold (£7.0m) under the spotlight in another Hot Topic.
The Alexander-Arnold versus Andrew Robertson (£7.0m) question is also one we posed in a Members’ article.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka‘s (£5.5m) price hike and move to Manchester United prompted a look at his underlying statistics, while we also asked if Seamus Coleman (£5.5m) could ‘cover’ Digne in the Everton defence.
Over 40% of the players in FPL are midfielders, so there were more articles devoted to this position in our price list analysis.
Mohamed Salah (£12.5m) and Sadio Mane (£11.5m) are now separated by just one million in FPL and we assessed the two Liverpool options in an in-depth comparison piece.
That conundrum took an interesting turn when Salah and Egypt were eliminated from the Africa Cup of Nations at the round-of-16 stage.
Gylfi Sigurdsson and Richarlison got the same treatment as we studied the two £8.0m-rated Everton options, while a price drop for Kevin De Bruyne (£9.5m) brought the Belgian back into focus as we looked at his appeal in 2019/20.
Harry Kane‘s (£11.0m) price drop turned heads upon FPL’s launch for 2019/20 and led to us analysing the Spurs striker’s performances last season.
The Joshua King (£6.5m) versus Callum Wilson (£8.0m) debate is also one we explored in detail in a recent piece.
We rounded up the players who have changed position in FPL on launch day, with Ludo looking at the possible repercussions of the various reclassifications.
Ayoze Perez (£6.5m) was one such example and the former Newcastle United attacker was the subject of a ‘Moving Target’ article upon his move to Leicester City.
Rotation Pairs and Fixture Difficulty
Rotation was a concept we looked at upon the release of the Premier League fixture list in June, with Portsmouth Bubblejet detailing the ten perfect combinations that guarantee Fantasy managers a home fixture every week – something Doosra reminded us of last week.
New Premier League Players
Premier League clubs have been increasingly active in the transfer market over the past few weeks and we’ve been profiling many of the big-name arrivals as and when they happen.
Scout Reports on the following players are already available to read, with more to follow over the summer:
- Christian Pulisic (£7.5m)
- Jota (£6.0m)
- Daniel James (£6.0m)
- Wesley Moraes (£6.0m)
- Pablo Fornals (£6.5m)
- Moussa Djenepo (£5.5m)
- Josip Drmic (£5.5m)
- Leandro Trossard (£6.0m)
On top of this, we have also profiled new Brighton boss Graham Potter.
FPL Assets in International Action
There have been dozens of Premier League players representing their countries in various tournaments this summer, from the Copa America and Africa Cup of Nations to the Gold Cup and European Under-21 Championships.
Our Scout Notes articles have been keeping you abreast of the latest developments concerning FPL assets and will continue to do so over the coming weeks.
Frank Lampard’s Appointment
Maurizio Sarri’s exit at Stamford Bridge was followed by the appointment of Frank Lampard as manager of Chelsea, with the former Derby County boss’s first press conference as the Blues’ head coach covered in an article last Friday.
A full Scout Report is imminent but in the meantime, let us point you in the direction of two Hot Topics from Rotation’s Alter Ego and AK for excellent discussion and analysis of the new Chelsea boss.
Newly Promoted Teams
Earlier in the summer, we brought you an in-depth analysis of the three newly promoted clubs, their managers and their 2018/19 squads.
You can catch up with that reading via the links below:
- What to expect from manager Daniel Farke
- A guide to Norwich City’s defensive assets
- A guide to Norwich City’s attacking assets
- What to expect from manager Chris Wilder
- A guide to Sheffield United’s defensive assets
- A guide to Sheffield United’s attacking assets
- What to expect from manager Dean Smith
- A guide to Aston Villa’s defensive assets
- A guide to Aston Villa’s attacking assets
FPL League Codes
For the Fantasy managers who may have missed them, here are the entry codes to various FPL mini-leagues that are already up and running:
- Fantasy Football Scout – ooyz44
- FFS H2H League (entry) – gh0126
- Red Lightning’s Top 10k Any Season – kmow16
- TorresMagic’s Last Man Standing – bcvy39
The code for the Fantasy Football Scout Members league is written in the dashboard of the Members’ Area.
If you are running a community tournament next season and would like the details to feature in future Community Round-Ups then please email email@example.com.
Be sure to check in with our dedicated pre-season page (which will be updated today) over the coming month as we keep tabs on everything that could affect FPL managers’ plans between now and Gameweek 1.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the price of £17.50.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.