Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has made another tweak to his defence, which bodes well for managers playing the Free Hit chip in Gameweek 38+.
His latest changes to the Manchester United side look to have confirmed Brandon Williams (£3.8m) can be a starting defender on the final day of the season, costing less than £4.0m.
The young left-back missed a recent trip to Crystal Palace with a head injury but has recovered to deputise for the also sidelined Luke Shaw (£5.4m) against West Ham.
Williams return to the team has also impacted on Aaron Wan-Bissaka (£5.5m), who drops out of the starting XI to join the substitutes for the first time since Project Restart began.
Timothy Fosu-Mensah (£4.5m) was the man tasked with United’s left-back role at Selhurst Park but, rather than immediately return him to the bench, Solskjaer has switched him onto the right, preferring him to Wan-Bissaka.
That decision could cause deep frustration throughout the Fantasy community with the £5.5m still owned by 19.5% of managers worldwide.
There is much less consternation elsewhere in Wednesday’s first round of team sheets with Bruno Fernandes (£9.1m) and Anthony Martial (£8.5m), the top 10k’s most popular Gameweek 37+ captains both starting for Manchester United.
Marcus Rashford (£8.9m) and Mason Greenwood (£4.8m) are the men either side of Martial, while Michail Antonio (£7.1m) leads the West Ham line once again with Sebastien Haller (£6.8m) still on the bench.
Manchester United XI (4-2-3-1): De Gea; B Williams, Maguire, Lindelöf, Fosu-Mensah; Matić, Pogba; Rashford, B Fernandes, Greenwood; Martial.
West Ham United XI (4-5-1): Fabianski; Cresswell, Ogbonna, Diop, Johnson; Fornals, Rice, Noble, Soucek, Bowen; Antonio.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £17.50. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.