Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (£12.0m) has been reclassified as a midfielder for the 2020/21 season of Fantasy Premier League.
The change to his position comes after the Arsenal man spent much of 2019/20 operating on the left-flank of a front-three.
With Mohamed Salah (£12.0m), Sadio Mané (£12.0m) and Raheem Sterling (£11.5m) all retaining their midfield classifications from fulfilling the same roles at their respective clubs, the game-makers at FPL Towers decided it was time to put Aubameyang in the same category.
It means a price hike of £1.1m on the Gabonese international’s final valuation from the end of 2019/20, which does make a lot of sense, all things considered.
In his new classification, Aubameyang will now get an additional one point for all of his goals and be rewarded for Arsenal’s clean sheets too. Considering he found the net 22 times last season and was present for 10 of the Gunners’ clean sheets, a similar level of performance this season could mean big things.
However, Fantasy managers are already wondering what to do with their £100.0m budget for 2020/21 considering the plethora of premium midfielders.
Salah, Mané, Sterling and Kevin De Bruyne (£11.5m) will all set managers back at least £11.5m while Bruno Fernandes (£10.5m) has joined the high-end premium bracket. And a reclassification for Aubameyang could also see Marcus Rashford join this group too, given his extensive time on the flanks of attacking midfield in 2019/20… Only time will tell.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.