Current Fantasy Football Scout Hall of Fame leader, Fábio Borges has finished inside the top 5k in each of the last five seasons, and even won 2020’s inaugural edition of Virtual FPL.
After an intense Fantasy season in 2019/20, I decided I needed a longer break than usual in order to come back stronger.
Not only was Project Restart a hectic return to something resembling normality, the lockdown period was defined by my involvement in Virtual FPL – which threw four Gameweeks per week at us for nearly two months.
Pretty exhausted from all of that, I only started tinkering my FPL team for 2020/21 a few days before the Gameweek 1 deadline, which I think actually helped me. It made sure I was able to avoid overthinking and countless outdated drafts.
So, the first Gameweek went great for me with 82 points, which means I’m currently 231k in the World. Even more important than that, none of my players got injured or red carded and, other than a few small concerns, my starting 11 still looks in good shape going forward.
Without further ado, here is my team and what I’m thinking ahead of Gameweek 2.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.