Three down, one to go.
The last of four Gameweek deadlines in the space of 11 days passes this morning at 11:30 GMT, with Fantasy managers subsequently having some well-earned respite as the FA Cup third round takes centre stage at the weekend.
Who to captain in Gameweek 21 may still be dominating FPL bosses’ thoughts, however.
With that in mind, we’ve gone over those performing well in our still-live captain poll before carrying out a comparison between the individuals themselves, their teams and their opponents in order to pinpoint the best candidate.
There’s no runaway leader in our poll this week, with Eden Hazard (£11.1m) pipping Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (£11.4m) into second place.
The Belgian, who bagged a 14-point haul when Chelsea last met Southampton in Gameweek 8, has accumulated 27.1% of the vote, with Aubameyang sitting on 25.3%.
Arsenal’s Gabonese striker also has previous with Gameweek 21’s opponents, having recorded his second-biggest Fantasy Premier League return of the season with a 15-point haul against Fulham back in early October – despite only emerging as a 62nd-minute substitute.
A third premium option with a fairly appealing fixture against a side battling relegation is Harry Kane (£12.5m), who has attacking returns in each of his last nine Premier League starts.
Kane sits third in our poll with 18.8% of the vote.
The in-form Fantasy option of the short term is Paul Pogba (£8.3m), who has accrued a phenomenal 46 points in the space of just three Gameweeks.
Pogba has garnered 9.4% of all votes cast ahead of Manchester United’s trip to Tyneside, something that would have been unthinkable not even a fortnight ago.
There’s a sharp drop-off to the rest of the leading captaincy candidates, with Richarlison (£7.0m), Mohamed Salah (£13.3m), Son Heung-min (£8.8m) and Alexandre Lacazette (£9.4m) the only other FPL assets to have attracted more than 1% of the vote.
Everton pair Gylfi Sigurdsson (£7.3m) and Lucas Digne (£5.2m) complete the top ten with 0.9% of the vote each, at the time of writing.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2018/19 campaign are now available for the price of just £15.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 130+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.