It feels like 2017/18 all over again when it comes to Fantasy Premier League captaincy decisions right now.
It was back in the good-old days where we were faced with a choice between Mohamed Salah (£12.3m) and Harry Kane (£10.8m) ahead of a new Gameweek – and yet here we are in 2020, with the two sides impressing themselves on the latest debate for the armband.
The Captain Sensible article is back once again to help you pick the right option for the armband, using key underlying statistics for player form and the defences of their upcoming opponents.
As this uses data from the Fantasy Football Scout Premium Members Area, only those with a valid subscription can access it in full.
Mohamed Salah (£12.3m) is leading this week’s Captain Poll as he is backed by half of our voters, specifically 48.5% The in-form Liverpool midfielder is facing Sheffield United in Gameweek 6, who are yet to win a Premier League game this season, with four defeats and one draw.
Meanwhile, nobody has recorded as many goal involvements in the opening five matches of the season as Harry Kane (£10.8m), who already has five goals, seven assists and 60 points.
The Tottenham striker also faces an out-of-form team on Monday, as Burnley are still looking for their first league victory of the season (three defeats, one draw).
Kane currently sits second in the Captain Poll, with nearly 20.0% of our users backing the Englishman.
Behind Kane, his counterpart Son Heung-min (£9.4m, 6.5% of votes), Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish (£7.2m, 5.0%) and Manchester City’s Raheem Sterling (£11.6m, 3.0% of votes) remain as the outside picks this week.
Once again, using some underlying data from the Fantasy Football Scout Premium Members Area and combining the poll results, current form and analysis of the opposition, we are going to try to pick the best captain for Gameweek 6.
Liverpool vs Sheffield United
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.