With injuries making my Fantasy Premier League team resemble the condiment options at a hotdog van, this international break seemed like an ideal opportunity to finally play my Wildcard.
I am currently sitting at about 500k with 482 points, which is okay (I guess) for this stage of the season but, naturally, I am looking to improve on that. Thus far, it is my captaincy picks that have let me down the most with only 84 points in total coming from the armband and four blanks from eight.
I know that there are a few managers with much better captaincy scores than me who are ranked lower which, to me, suggests that the overall strategy is working okay, I just need to be a bit smarter or a bit luckier in that area.
With that in mind, while I am Wildcarding, I’ll be aiming to stick to my core principles this season of maintaining a reasonably balanced spread of funds across the squad, not going too heavy on any particular team and trying to select players who can score in multiple ways.
I will outline my decision-making process for each position before revealing the final squad at the end…
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.