Fantasy Premier League managers are advised to target assets who play twice in the first Double Gameweek of the season when looking for their next captain.
With each of the current top four clubs, Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City and Leicester City, each playing twice during Double Gameweek 19, the most popular premium assets are leading the armband discussion.
As always, we have taken a look into the best options in great detail, using the Fantasy Football Scout Members Area to assess individual form and the state of their opponents’ defences.
For the second week running, Manchester City’s maestro Kevin De Bruyne (£11.8m) leads the Fantasy Football Scout captain poll, this time with just over 37.0% of votes.
The Belgian shares the vast majority of votes with Mohamed Salah (£12.5m, 26.0%), who comes back into our consideration after missing out on a match in Blank Gameweek 18.
Bruno Fernandes (£11.3m, 7.0%), Jamie Vardy (£10.1m, 5.1%) and Tomas Soucek (£5.3m, 4%) complete this week’s top-five list.
In order to tackle this Double Gameweek captaincy debacle effectively, we will analyse Gameweek 19’s key teams and assets separately, as opposed to focusing on the key matches, as we usually do.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.