Disparity reigns supreme as Fantasy Premier League managers decide which chip to use for Double Gameweek 26.
Ahead of the bumper round of fixtures, no chip has appeared an overwhelming favourite, according to our latest poll.
We asked Fantasy Football Scout users which chip they were planning for Double Gameweek 26 and received some intriguing results.
It is not tremendously surprising to see the Bench Boost as the most popular chip.
14 teams have two fixtures in Double Gameweek 26. As a result, the pool of viable players for a Bench Boost arguably increases for this round, while the ceiling for points from cheaper options is also higher than usual.
Such thinking has led to 29.3% of Fantasy Football Scout voters declaring for the Bench Boost ahead of Double Gameweek 26.
However, there was not a majority share of the votes for this option, a gap of just 2.8 percentage points between Bench Boosters and Triple Captainers.
27.0% of our voters are looking to hand the enhanced armband to their skipper in Double Gameweek 26.
As things stand, Harry Kane (£11.1m) still leads our latest captain poll with Bruno Fernandes (£11.6m), Ilkay Gundogan (£6.1m), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (£7.6m) and Kevin De Bruyne (£11.8m) the top-five there.
It is also interesting to note that nearly as many Fantasy Football Scout readers are preparing to use no chip as use the Triple Captain.
26.3% of our voters chose this option, a statistic that should take on great significance in a week where chips are very much the talk of the town.
Meanwhile, the Wildcard has received less attention than its so-called colleagues so far.
As is often the case, we saw more managers use it in the week before the big Double Gameweek, lining up to prepare for a maximised Bench Boost.
As a result, 14.8% of Fantasy Football Scout voters are pulling the trigger on a new squad ahead of Saturday’s deadline.
Finally, the Free Hit is the real differential chip for Double Gameweek 26, especially after a large number of managers deployed this chip in Blank Gameweek 18.
According to our recent poll, only 2.6% of voters are considering the Free Hit chip for Double Gameweek 26.
You can still vote in the poll below.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships and monthly subscriptions are now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.