We have chosen our best Fantasy Premier League (FPL) players for Double Gameweek 22 ahead of today’s 18:30 GMT deadline.
We line up in a 4-3-3 formation and, as ever, are limited to an £83.0m budget for our starting XI.
Our four substitutes, meanwhile, are always chosen from the budget crop of players.
We write this on Friday afternoon after the announcement that Burnley v Leicester City was postponed but before any other fixture news (the north London derby could be at risk, for example), so as ever, it’s worth keeping eyes and ears on any late developments as a ‘double’ could become a ‘single’ in a short space of time.
Despite several underwhelming performances from Manchester United in recent weeks, David de Gea (£5.2m) has continued to impress. Since Ralf Rangnick’s arrival in Gameweek 15, the Spaniard is averaging 5.2 points per match, whilst his +3.10 expected goals (xG) prevented total is better than any other keeper. Notably, his 87.5% save percentage is only trumped by Wolverhampton Wanderers’ Jose Sa (£5.2m), with his seven saves against Newcastle United a prime example of just how crucial he is to the Red Devils. Across the season, just four clean sheets in 19 appearances isn’t anything to shout about, but a Double Gameweek involving trips to Aston Villa and Brentford does give de Gea every chance to add to that tally.
The rest of this article is completely free to read but requires a Fantasy Football Scout account for access – you can get yours at no cost here.
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.