The best things in life, so they say, are free.
But they’re even better when there’s a chance to win a bit of cash as well.
That’s what on offer from daily Fantasy sports site FanTeam with their latest Rookie Freeroll – Monster Style game.
The thinking behind the game is that some players toying with the idea of trying out FanTeam are often put off by the lack of free-to-play options and the high entry prices on certain contests.
That’s where Rookie Freeroll – Monster Style comes in.
It’s totally free to enter, but still offers cash prizes for the top 50 managers from an overall prize pot of €100.
It also has the same rules as the more standard €50,000 Weekly Monster, although there is one key twist.
In a bid to make it even more accessible, the Rookie event has a higher team budget – 105m compared to the standard 100m – to make compiling your side that little bit easier.
And as the contest involves picking just 11 players – rather than a full 15-man squad – that’s a lot of bang for your budget.
As if that’s not enough to tempt you, FanTeam are offering ten Fantasy Football Scout users a free ticket for the site’s 20K event as well.
Those tickets will be awarded by 11am GMT today, so there’s still time to get your team sorted, and your entry in, for the Rookie Freeroll event, which closes to all entries at noon.
The contest involves all but one of Gameweek 8’s Premier League clashes, with the only fixture not on the menu the early Saturday kick-off between Brighton and Spurs.
So that’s nine fixtures to pick your Fantasy team from, with the rules on FanTeam closely following those you know so well from Fantasy Premier League.
There’s a three-player limit from each club, for instance, and the scoring system is virtually identical, barring tweaks like a stacking penalty on clean-sheet points if your team has more than one defender from the same side.
As an example, if Liverpool shut out Leicester this afternoon and you’ve doubled up on Reds defenders, your second pick will receive one point fewer than your first.
FanTeam have also enabled their Safety Net feature to take away some of the worry of late withdrawals. All non-starting players will be replaced at the beginning of their match with a player from the same team, in the same position and with an equal or cheaper price.
No more than one team per user is allowed for the Rookie Freeroll, so the prize pot will be shared out among as many Fantasy managers as possible.
To get the ball rolling, simply log in, or register, at FanTeam and then click on the Rookie Freeroll game to pick your team.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the rest of the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the discounted price of £9.99 or the monthly price of £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.