Members

Should we stick or twist on Leeds assets for Gameweek 20 & beyond?

Fantasy Premier League managers have gobbled up Leeds assets this season due to Marcelo Bielsa’s attacking style of play.

Striker Patrick Bamford (£6.7m) is in nearly half of all FPL teams, with Stuart Dallas (£4.8m), Ezgjan Alioski (£4.5m) and goalkeeper Illan Meslier (£4.7m) all experiencing price rises.

But with two defeats on the bounce in the Premier League where Leeds have looked unconvincing and a humiliating 3-0 defeat against Crawley in the FA Cup, FPL managers are now wondering whether to stick with Leeds players or move them on.

To help with any decisions, we’ve taken a deep dive to find out what went wrong in Leeds’ last two games and whether this shows the start of a downward trend.

As this article uses extensive data from the Fantasy Football Scout Premium Members Area, only those with a valid subscription can access it in full.

GOALS DRYING UP?

Bamford has proven to be a revelation since the start of the FPL season when he was priced up at just £5.5m.

After scoring in Gameweek 1 against Liverpool, the former Chelsea player hasn’t looked back in an amazing season which has seen him rise by £1.2m in value.

With a steady stream of goals to his name, Bamford is currently in 49.4% of FPL teams, and was brought in more than 130,000 people ahead of Double Gameweek 19.

Part of Bamford and Leeds’ attacking appeal is the sheer number of chances they have in games.

Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.

1. immybob

Anyone know when Yellow cards are reset this season please.??

1. Baines on Toast...

I believe it is after each team has played 19 games, it is reset for their players.

2. superstars

i thought at end of week 19. I thought dedocoda reid of fulham would have been suspended for the next match but he is not red flagged yet. any one knows why? looking into the player info in the site it says he is on 5 yellow cards so shouldnt be suspended vs untied?

1. Baines on Toast...

I think you are right, they said he would be during the previous Fulham game on commentary

2. Gleys11

I suppose it might be that as far as FPL is concerned he is not suspended for the next game week (just for the next match, which is still this gameweek) Either that or they just forgot.

3. Baines on Toast...

Saka and Holding making bench boost worthwhile last night but I keep waking up in cold sweats having nightmares about John Stones.

1. Bielsa's Blue Bucket

It was a kick in the John Stones for sure

2. immybob

I left Holding on my bench for Dallas! (No boost). Load of crap!

1. marcos11

Left him there for Raphinha

2. drughi

My BB gave me 6 points so stones 21 pointer made up for that

3. immybob

I’d imagine not having Stones is an issue now? Especially if you’ve got 2 other Man C defenders.

1. Baines on Toast...

Will see how tomorrow goes (and the Cup). I'm happy to do the Cancelo switch if I need to.

4. Babit1967

It’s annoying me, I was .1 short of Saiss to Cancelo and never really gave Stones much though, deffo be doing the move this week tho

3. Original Pirate Material

I think I’ll give my Leeds boys (Bamford Raphina) the game against Newcastle, if they dont deliver I’ll move them on. Not bothered about their DGW if they cant create the chances like they were earlier then no point holding. Bamford is probably the only one Id potentially hold out the two.

1. marcos11

Thinking the same, reckon I’ll keep Bamford regardless as hes better than any alternatives but I might move Raphinha on if they’re poor

• Atimis

Yeah, can't really find good replacemnts up front.

1. Andy_Social

Yeah. I've got Antonio and Bamford. Wouldn't mind moving Bamford on but there's only Adams in that bracket. Think I'll keep Bam and put out other fires.

2. The 12th Man

Play one.
          A) Ederson v wba
          B) DeGea v SHU

You really have both of them haha

1. Andy_Social

Weird. But Ederson is the answer.

2. The 12th Man

Oh forgot to mention it’s my draft team. Drafted Ederson then picked DEGea off waivers later.

2. Miguel Sanchez

3. g40steve

Cannot bring myself to say B 🙁

4. Mok

3. g40steve

Any major changes needed?

Martinez
          Robertson, Stones, Dias
          Bruno, Son, Foden, Salah
          Kane, Bamford, Watkins

Johnson, Soucek, Coufal, Mitchell

1.5

That team is in very good shape. Monitor Foden. Grealish could be back on the menu. Fixtures are amazing and he has DGWs coming.

1. g40steve

Cheers, swapped Foden for Grealish because of the covid scare!

2. The 12th Man

Nice team. Roll the FT

1. g40steve

🙂

2. ameisin

Yeh looking good. My priority would be replacing Watkins though - hasn't scored since GW8 and you'll have Villa covered with Grealish.

Antonio maybe?

1. g40steve

Yes, two moves away from Watkins to Vardy?

2. gogs67

Watkins next 4 or 5 after City make him worth keeping for now

3. Baines on Toast...

Auba looking sharp again - Arsenal are creating chances and he generally overperforms XG.

Southampton's defensive stats poor against Leicester, and he has Wolves and Leeds coming up in the next five.

A big ask for anyone to punt on given his price, but I think he might do good things in the coming period. If Bruno does get banned for SHU I might flirt with the idea...

1. FALSE PROFIT

IMO leave XG or whatever in XG wilderness. The league is far too unpredictable. Eye test will pay.

2. The 12th Man

Salah > Aubamayang might be an option, Auba will have to prove himself again though and Salah disappoint again.
              I’m keeping Bruno and KDB.
              Also no value tied up in Salah. Easily got back on 2nd WC if needed.

Salah stays for now. If he turns it around then I might look at Saka.

3. Flair

Would rather go straight to Rashford if he gets suspended

1. Baines on Toast...

This is also an option. But I'm unsure - Bruno creates most of Rashford's chances, and while he might get pens that week, he's not always very good at them.

With Rash I want to know he's going to be on the left wing before going for him as well. Did do well v SHU before though.

4. FALSE PROFIT

I found it particularly interesting people's attitude towards hits this period. I have in the past, taken hits regularly; it seems more fun and 4 points seems fairly little for the high I get. I see keeping hits down has its pros too, but what I do find fascinating is people calculating after the GW whether they made a profit or loss. Also, in particular with bench boost , "I have taken a minus 12 so I need x points to recover.
            All the above is wrong. I better times I kept a 6 week cycle of comparisons and at the end of the year I was always in profit by 50%. Recently, it has become a prerequisite to leave transfers as late as possible and to expect 3 weeks is a more reasonable calculation.
            I took a 12 point hit this week to get salah back (an 8 point mistake) and strengthen my bench which worked out well. Therefore, valuing the free tfr as 4 points my real investment was 8 points for BB. If I took on a BB player for 1 week only I must consider the cost of removing him again. This season it pays IMO to have a strong bench anyway. If Zouma does not play then I look at the bench replacement and take the score out of my gains.

1. J ⚒ Salah & Vinagre

For me, dgws are just too much fun to turn down and I play this game for fun just as much as I play it to win my mini league each year.

I’ll always take hits galore during a dgw! 17 players left to play - Let’s go!

5. marcos11

Areola
              Dias Stones Coufal
              Bruno(c) KDB Son Rashford Raphinha
              Vardy Bamford

Roll FT right?

• ameisin

Chilwell + Bamford > Shaw + Kane, yay or nay?

Martinez | Steer
              Stones | Chilwell | Bednarek | Coufal | Alioski
              Salah | KDB | Son | Bruno | Soucek
              Antonio | Bamford | Brewster

3.8 ITB

1. FALSE PROFIT

Wait for after Pool game

1. g40steve

Good point.

2. ameisin

Yeh true - it'd mean doing it with 2FT too. Ta.

• Camzy

Anyone here still with the power 5 midfield?
              Salah KdB Fernandes Son Grealish

I still have it but it's making it very hard to maneuver the rest of the team. I'm stuck with having Bamford and Antonio up front for now and I'm shuffling my defense around to try and get double City.

I also want Kane by GW23. How would you get him in? I'd have to lose one of the mids.

1. Miguel Sanchez

Make a little table of best captain options ranked first to third for each GW from 23 to say 27 and rank each of Salah, KDB, Bruno for each GW. Whomever comes out bottom is probably the one to eject to bring in Kane.

Looks like Salah. MCI lei EVE is a pretty nasty run of games for Pool especially if they don't rediscover their form.

Problem is, GW26 and 27 is shu and FUL. Short term remove?

1. Miguel Sanchez

Yeah - could take him out for three GWs and bring him back as long as you know who'd you then lose from Bruno or KDB for 26 and 27

2. J ⚒ Salah & Vinagre

Very good advice.

2. Stormbringer22

I moved away from this and have Soucek instead of Son now. Difficult to see what the future holds but Villa have good upcoming fixtures and if Barkley is back that makes Grealish a good threat, so I would be reluctant to lose him. Salah and KDB and Bruno are going nowhere. Son seems just as good an option still. I think you need to downgrade either Jack or Son

3. Nightcrawler

I have salah kdb bruno son and vardy (had kane last week). Might do soucek to ESR to upgrade vardy to kane and switch to 4 at the back

In ut case i think losing kdb and getting kane from week 23 makes most sense

4. The 12th Man

I think the middle 3 are undroppable especially the case for Son if you bought him at 9.0.
                Grealish has extra fixtures and is good value but could always move to Saka or Soucek if needed.
                If your brave Salah > a Leicster MF to fund Kane . Keeping Salah only 2 transfers away from a return to your team.

I think KdB might be expendable actually...

Could do KdB > Gundogan and hope he covers and that easily funds Bamford/Antonio > Kane.

1. The 12th Man

Could work.
                    Gundo wouldn’t be covering KDB though.
                    Kane would be the one covering KDB.
                    Then you’d want Gundo to cover the cheap striker being removed.

5. Flair

Don't want it, will have 2/3 of KDB-Bruno-Salah while Son and Kane are locks. Whichever one of those three is the least captainable is the one you drop.

6. The Knights Template

Salah or KDB to Soucek and focus on what you're gaining elsewhere rather than what you're losing.

I don't even like Soucek anymore. His price is not what it once was.

ESR is better for cheaper and I could go for Gundo, Saka or Raphinha for only a tiny bit more.

7. Andy_Social

I lost Grealish when covid hit Villa. Invested a bit more in defence (Dias). Now 5th mid is Saka.

The problem is Kane.

I want Kane and need to find a way. I cannot pull enough money out of defense to make it work so I have to lose one of the big 3 mids. KdB and Salah have fixture swings in GW23 so I think I'll probably defer the decision until then and pick one in a few weeks to lose for Kane.

1. Brimble82

Does Grealish, Bamford, Zouma > ESR, Kane, Mitchell work?

8. Brimble82

I dropped Grealish out in order to get the other 4 plus Kane.
                I have two City DEFs, but am now forced into playing just one up top (as I don’t really count FSilva as a second striker!)

Grealish and his +4 games to everyone else is going to come back and bite non-owners though isn’t he!

9. Runaway

I have those 5 with Bamford Wilson up front and double City in the back. I had them before as well and changed based on form/fixture and kind of worked. Son and Bruno is locked for me and all others can be changed. I usually bring in Kane when I want to captain him for 2-3 of next 4-5 so the next time for that is GW23 and I will ditch either KDB or Salah based on their form at that time. Key component to maneuver in such a way is having 2 FT at hand when needed obviously.

1. Runaway

just realized that I have played Kane 7 times and captained in 6 of it and he never failed. Most reliable and predictable captain pick this year for me.

1. Flair

Similar here, captained him four times and he returned in each for a total of 86 points. Has been very reliable this season and will most likely be my captain in GW23 and GW26.

10. AC/DC AFC

I think Salah - Kane is the price point trade off.

11. sunzip14

I have them 5. Giving Salah time until 22 and bring Kane for 23.

12. Sun Jihai

Yep. I think it's ultimately a trade off between Salah and Kane. Both actually have similar fixtures:

Salah (TOT, WHU, BHA, MCI, LEI)
                Kane (LIV, BHA, CHE, WBA, MCI)

13. Dexters Laboratory

Thinking Bamford/Antonio/Adams going to be better options than any mid priced midfielder. So looking at Salah/KDB & Brewster to Smith-Rowe & Kane

1. Dexters Laboratory

Watkins also a DGW option

• Atimis

Thoughts on that team? Been thinking to start with Robo to Stones for GW20.

Martinez
                  Justin/Cancelo/Robo*/Coufal/Dallas
                  Bruno/KDB/Salah
                  Vardy/Bamford

Martin/Soucek/Adams/Stephens

1. Atimis

Could be followed by Vardy to Kane for GW21.

• Bavarian

Play 2:
                  A-Holding
                  B-Coufal
                  C-Soucek
                  D-Dallas

1. Stormbringer22

Between B, C, and D for me. Go B & C I think

2. Ha.

BD

• Stormbringer22

Morning chaps early thoughts on this lot please,

Martinez
                  Chilwell - Dallas - Coufal (C.Taylor, Ferguson)
                  Salah - KDB - Bruno - Grealish - Soucek
                  Vardy - Bamford (Brewster)
                  1FT, £1.5itb

Taylor to Cancelo is my move isn't it? Will alternate Dallas and Coufal which gives me a good first sub for the occasional Cancelo benching

I'd rather buy Stones haha. That extra money allows you to do Vardy > Kane for free.

1. Stormbringer22

Cheers Camzy. Stones had his haul though and Cancelo surely due one. Still 0.2 short of getting Kane if I went for Stones. Stones proving great value this season so if anything I am looking to double up on City defence in the coming weeks.

1. Olson

Cancelo is rubbish though. It's like watching Jesus Navas all over again

1. Stormbringer22

See what you mean. The phrase "all fart and no poo" comes to mind 😀

2. Andy_Social

Another way of looking at it is Stones has now got the confidence to go for these chances; Mendy, Zinchenko and Walker are contributing to clean sheets and victories, making Cancelo less nailed than before.

2. The 12th Man

Stones

1. Stormbringer22

Thanks mate. Stones excellent value indeed. Feels a bit like points chasing though and recency bias, no? Maybe I am being stubborn with Cancelo and Stones is the better move indeed.

1. The 12th Man

I think Stones and Cancelo are both great picks going forward. The price difference is the kicker like Camzy eluded to, could fund a Kane move.
                        Stones looks as nailed as Cancelo. Both could miss the odd game. Any attacking returns for either is a bonus.

3. Stormbringer22

Thanks all, seems like Stones is the better option over Cancelo given naildness and value. Appreciate the help

• The Point About It Is

What is the new template?
                  With Arsenal improving, Eve and Lee going off the boil, and Salah/Vardy/Wilson not pulling the numbers they once did, is there a new template or is this just a temporary blip?

Out: Salah, Vardy, Bambam, DCL, Dallas, Robbo, Son, KDB?
                  In: Stones, Saka, ESR, Maddison, Gundo?

Which 1 player would you take out of the template and which 1 players would you add in???

1. Atimis

Really man?

2. Andy_Social

I stopped reading at "template".

• Arteta

5 clean sheets in a row. Say whaaaaaaaat?!

1. aleksaa2

First time in 12 years...

• Mok

Who would you play? (three to bench)

A. Cresswell (cry)
                  B. Bowen (cry)
                  C. Raphinha (new)
                  D. Mitchell (WHU)

1. Tonyawesome69 WC31 & FH…

Prob Cresswell due to set pieces and bps magnet

2. The Knights Template

1. Tonyawesome69 WC31 & FH…

Don't understand the Bowen pick when you look at the points he has scored. Do you think having Antonio back makes Bowen a good option?

3. Sting in the Tail

Play Cresswell if Zaha out, Bowen if he’s fit.

• Tonyawesome69 WC31 & FH…

Which 2 would you start?
                  A. Coufal (A vs CRY)
                  B. Raphinha (A vs NEW)
                  C. Soucek (A vs CRY)

Plan to roll FT.

1FT 0.4itb
                  Martinez
                  Stones Cancelo Cresswell Coufal
                  Salah Bruno KDB Soucek
                  Bamford Vardy
                  (Johnstone Raphinha Rodrigo Holding)

1. The Knights Template

BC

2. Sting in the Tail

B,C

• Sarri-ball

Own degea

Are united good enough 2 double up with shaw?

Palace is ward better option than mitchell with pva fit again

1. Nightcrawler

Pva has been fit for ages. Was dropped for mitchell

1. Sarri-ball

So think mitchell 1st choice now

1. Nightcrawler

2. Tonyawesome69 WC31 & FH…

Utd double-up - good upcoming fixtures so I don't see why not.
                    Palace - Roy prefers Mitchell at the moment. Makes Palace a better team in defence in comparison to PvA and he is out of contract at the end of the season

1. Sarri-ball

So over 2 weeks plan dier/bellerin out mitchall/shaw in

1. Tonyawesome69 WC31 & FH…

If you don't have any other fires to put out then yes

• Flair

A Coufal benching would be very disappointing

1. Miguel Sanchez

Yeah - hopefully Fredricks is being earmarked for the Cup

2. Tonyawesome69 WC31 & FH…

Any murmurs from WHU fans forum on this? Didn't know Coufal was a rotation risk with Fredricks

1. BoleynWin

I can’t see Coufal being rotated in the league for a while, Fredricks has only just recovered from Covid & Moyes did make comments about players having to rebuild fitness after isolating. I envisage Ben Johnson playing in the Cup games with Fredricks being rotated in to build fitness.

Coufal saved to play the PL games & may be brought into the cup line up in the latter stages were we to progress.

• Mreidfelt

Feed back on this?

Johnstone,

Stones, Holding, Dallas

KDB, Salah, Gudogan, Fernandes, Soucek

Kane, Vardy

1. Tonyawesome69 WC31 & FH…

Too much in the fwds. I would prefer one of the other with a cheaper fwd and use the funds elsewhere

• Arteta

How many points means TC success for you?

1. Stormbringer22

Anything above 15 base pts. Ideally 20

2. Miguel Sanchez

3. The 12th Man

Anything above 10 points on a single gameweek
                    15 on a double.

• Nightcrawler

Soucek and Lewis

To

ESR and Dias

And switch to 4 at the back?

1. Miguel Sanchez

100% switch

2. Boly Would

I would

• Ha.

Really need a Soucek master class tonight

1. Little Red Lacazette

And an Antonio brace.

1. Ha.

4x Cresswell assist as well

2. Baines on Toast...

Johnstone to return from Covid and save an Antonio penalty please

3. The Units

Not sure he is either

4. ⱼₐᵣᵥᵢₛₕ

Or a goal that hits him in the face and bounces in

• rokonto

So if Southampton lose against Crawley could their game against Leeds take place at the weekend?

1. Ha.

No idea, but as someone who used bench boost with Dallas and Meslier, I hope so!

2. Miguel Sanchez

*Shrewsbury. Doubt Leeds are in a hurry to re-arrange games given both sides are not in Europe.

1. rokonto

Oh yes Shrewsbury soz

• Lev Yashin

Team feels OK for this week. 1FT to play around with.

Martinelli -> ES/Saka too sideways?

Martinez
                  Robbo, Dias, Dallas, Coufal
                  Salah, KdB, Bruno, Grealish
                  Bamford, Antonio

Steer, Adams, Martinelli, Taylor

1. S.Kuqi

I would save transfer or Robbo -> Chilwell/Cancelo

• KGFC

What a win by India!!!

Smashing Australia in their own backyard.... take that!

1. Miguel Sanchez

Nervous England fan here with 9 tests against India this year

2. The Units

Great win. Wait to you are at the Gabba! Haha

• JP\'s

Will Justin stay in the Leicester starting 11 now Pereira is back?

1. Miguel Sanchez

Yeah been in great form

2. No Professionals

Pereira is a better player, so I guess it depends how he accommodates both, maybe Justin on the right of a back 3.

• Warby84

De Gea
                    Dias Cancelo Robertson
                    Salah De Bruyne Fernandes Smith-Rowe
                    Antonio Wilson Bamford

Martinez Coufal Soucek Yedlin

Plan De Gea/Robertson/Wilson out to get Kane in after GW20

• ⚔★Vibudh★⚔

I transferred in Soucek for a hit this week and now I'm seeing people want to lose him...
                    What have I missed lol?

1. Salarrivederci

Fixtures not the best after Palace, and they got a tough DGW if they end up with DGW26 and BGW29

2. Brimble82

I got ‘the fear’ with Soucek (and his ownership + DGW) and so shipped Saka for him this week.
                      No hit, but a Soucek blank tonight will have ‘cost’ me 4/5 points.

Still think he’s a good option - and to a certain extent, don’t think fixtures matter as much with him, as his threat is from set pieces - which aren’t really represented in the fixture ticker as much!

3. Sun Jihai

Competition with Saka or ESR I think

4. gogs67

Had him for months but getting rid u less he looks better tonight, he was playing even deeper than normal at the weekend there, and if that's his new orders then I want someone else in who is more attacking

5. Parsnips

Possibly save a transfer here?

De gea