Undaunted by a heavily reduced fixture list, the Scoutcast crew deliver one of their longest episodes of the season.
There may be only five matches taking place in Gameweek 31 but Joe, Luke, Az and David discover there is a wealth of different player options and strategies to deploy.
Discarding their usual player, team and talking point format for the community questions section, they focus in detail on the best assets to own position by position this weekend.
While there is a consensus around goalkeepers, our Scoutcast regulars find plenty to disagree about among defenders, midfielders and strikers.
Luke is packing his team with differential ‘swords’ to attack the fixtures, while David is making sure he uses his two free transfers to include some ‘shields’ to keep up with the pack.
Az is on the search for low-owned assets too and is even considering a notorious Scoutcast ‘magic bean’. Unsurprisingly, Joe is not keen.
The number of hits to take in a Blank Gameweek also get an airing, as does advice for those deploying a Free Hit chip to cope with player reduction.
Regular features are also included, with the round-up of the previous Gameweek giving Az a rare chance this season to boast about a good score.
Best differentials, top clean sheet shouts and transfer and captaincy plans for the Gameweek ahead are also revealed.
If you’re a traditional type, you can acquire the mp3 audio version via this link or the first player below. Or you can take in the full visual experience via the second player below.
In addition, the Scoutcast and all our other podcasts are now also available via our Soundcloud channel.
It is also worth mentioning that FFScout moderator Rotation’s Alter Ego has collected this latest episode’s timestamps to help find particular sections. This can be found as the top comment in the Youtube version.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2018/19 campaign are now available for the price of just £10.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 130+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.