Last season’s finish of 1,224 was Josh Landon’s third within the top 5,000 during his nine-year Fantasy Premier League career.
But the Always Cheating podcast co-host’s campaigns haven’t always looked so easy.
In Joe’s latest Meet the Manager interview he finds out Josh’s strategies for success and how he has learned from his mistakes.
The demons of what he calls “that Yaya Toure and Aaron Ramsey season” loom large in his thinking years on. This has helped him snap up emerging bandwagons quickly, and especially before they become the template.
Other ghosts from the past such as Watford striker Odion Ighalo are also revealed during Josh and Joe’s chat about how psychology affects Fantasy managers’ decisions.
As listeners to Josh’s podcast will know, the eye test is crucial to his decision making. After all, the best manager to trust is often ourselves, as Josh describes how he navigates his way through the noise of FPL content, most notably on social media.
Latest football trends, which defenders to select and the ability to spot when a Fantasy game is “throwing a bone” are also explored in detail during this latest episode of a series that began last season to focus on the thoughts of managers with a stellar track record of success.
The chat with Josh is available to view on Youtube here and in the embedded video below.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the price of £17.50.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.