In Gameweek 35+, a raft of differentials topped the scoring charts in one of the most polarising sets of Fantasy Premier League matches for some time.
It seemed fitting that this episode’s line-up features both the haves and have-nots.
Andy and Az are able to luxuriate in their Michail Antonio (£7.0m) haul following the West Ham differential’s four-goal heroics. Meanwhile, Antonio-less Joe is forced to settle for FPL crumbs, like a save point from Watford stopper Ben Foster (£4.9m).
In a low-scoring week for many, sometimes the best pick-me-up is to move onto to the next Gameweek and the transfers and plans ahead. Chief among their topics for Gameweek 36+ is the merits of bringing in Southampton forward Danny Ings (£7.5m). The former Liverpool striker is in sensational form and at last has the fixtures to match, with Brighton’s porous defence next in his sights.
Our trio also tries to play Pep roulette as they attempt to second-guess the line up of a Manchester City outfit that has one eye on the FA Cup. Predicting the best scorers is only half the battle; finding the players who will earn the most minutes is perhaps the bigger challenge.
Some managers, such as Az and Joe, still have chips to play. But they are not happy having to use them amid rotation fears and in a single Gameweek. Could Gameweek 36+ be the week Az jettisons his Free Hit and Joe deploys his Bench Boost?
Elsewhere, there are clean sheets to mull over and Joe takes his turn to pick a differential, after mixed results recently. Ironically, Antonio turned out to be a great shout for him shortly after the restart.
Finally, there are transfers to consider and captains to choose. Will Gameweek 36+ be another collection of matches to see widely differing results?
In addition, the Scoutcast and all our other podcasts are now also available via our Soundcloud channel.
If you’re a traditional type, you can acquire the mp3 audio version via this link or the first player below. Or you can take in the full visual experience via the second player below.
FPL LESSONS LEARNED FROM GAMEWEEK 35+
- Norwich City 0-4 West Ham United
- Watford 2-1 Newcastle United
- Liverpool 1-1 Burnley
- Sheffield United 3-0 Chelsea
- Brighton and Hove Albion 0-5 Manchester City
- Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-0 Everton
- Aston Villa 2-0 Crystal Palace
- Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Arsenal
- Bournemouth 4-1 Leicester City
- Manchester United 2-2 Southampton
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £17.50. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.