Ownership is often discussed within the Fantasy Premier League community.
Is a player so highly owned that it’s a risk to sell? Does a player have low enough ownership to consider them as a true differential? These are just some of the conversations FPL managers will have over 38 Gameweeks.
A lot of the time FPL managers will look for differentials under 10% ownership, or preferably under 5% ownership, but I think a player can have 30-40% ownership and still be considered a differential.
At that level of ownership, every six or seven managers out of 10 don’t own that player – that’s still big in my books, especially if the player mentioned is a reliable heavy hitter. When you factor in captaincy, you could be onto a winner.
In this article, I’m going to look at the top 10,000 ownership levels from Live FPL to see if we can determine who might be some of the best differentials going into the final two Gameweeks of the season.
I’m using top 10,000 ownership is I think that’s a better indicator at this stage of the season of active FPL manager ownership than overall ownership, which may include some teams that are no longer active.
Additionally, it’s where a lot of people are striving to finish by the end of the season.
It’s also worth noting that these ownership levels are taken from Gameweek 36+. Any transfers before Gameweek 37+ won’t be included so it’s possible that ownership levels could be higher or lower, especially if a player has performed well, or poorly in the recent Gameweek, and of course dependent on upcoming fixtures. But either way, it’s still a good indicator.
Lets take a look at some of the most popular teams first.
FPL Lessons Learned From Gameweek 36+
- Chelsea 1-0 Norwich City
- Burnley 1-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Manchester City 2-1 Bournemouth
- Newcastle United 1-3 Tottenham Hotspur
- Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool
- Everton 1-1 Aston Villa
- Leicester City 2-0 Sheffield United
- Crystal Palace 0-2 Manchester United
- Southampton 1-1 Brighton and Hove Albion
- West Ham United 3-1 Watford
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.