After drawing a blank in the goalless draw with Chelsea at the weekend, Fantasy Premier League’s leading points-scorer and most-owned player will attempt to resume normal service at Selhurst Park.
Bruno Fernandes’ (£11.6m) sub-par record against the ‘big six’ is well documented but his output against the rest of the division is exemplary, with 26 attacking returns in 19 such games this season.
The Portugal international unsurprisingly is involved from the start against Crystal Palace this evening but there are one or two eyebrow-raising selections in Ole Gunnar Solskaer’s starting XI, most notably between the posts.
David de Gea (£5.3m) isn’t involved in the visitors’ matchday squad at all as Dean Henderson (£5.2m)makes just his third start of the season.
Anthony Martial (£8.7m) is also missing, with Solskjaer explaining ahead of kick-off:
Anthony got a knock in training on Monday in his knee, not ready for this, hopefully for the weekend but we’re not sure yet.
That’s personal reasons [why de Gea isn’t involved].
Edinson Cavani (£7.9m) returns from injury to lead the line, with Eric Bailly (£4.8m) and Nemanja Matic (£4.7m) also recalled.
Making way are Daniel James (£6.2m), Victor Lindelof (£4.8m) and Scott McTominay (£4.9m).
Crystal Palace make just the one change from their goalless draw with Fulham at the weekend.
James McCarthy (£4.3m) replaces Jairo Riedewald (£4.4m) in the engine room, while Connor Wickham (£4.4m) and Jeffrey Schlupp (£5.3m) returning from lengthy lay-offs on the bench.
Wilfried Zaha (£7.1m) isn’t involved despite a recent comeback to training.
Crystal Palace XI: Guaita, Ward, Cahill, Kouyate, van Aanholt, McCarthy, Milivojevic, Ayew, Eze, Townsend, Benteke.
Manchester United XI: Henderson, Wan-Bissaka, Bailly, Maguire, Shaw, Fred, Matic, Bruno, Rashford, Cavani, Greenwood
Check your latest FPL rank LIVE on LiveFPL.net every Gameweek
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.