Joe and Seb are joined by Tom Stephenson, who is second in the Fantasy Football Scout Live Hall of Fame, to look at the key issues facing Fantasy Premier League (FPL) managers ahead of Gameweek 32.
Jesse Lingard’s (£6.5m) brace at the weekend was just the latest in his eight-goal scoring spree since joining West Ham United on loan earlier this year.
Meanwhile, Burnley forward Matej Vydra (£4.8m) now has three goals in his last five matches after scoring against Newcastle United in Gameweek 31 and Chelsea’s Mason Mount (£7.2m) made it 12 attacking returns for the season with an assist during Saturday’s win at Crystal Palace.
All three are in fine form but are among players who are often perhaps too readily dismissed by FPL managers.
So with that in mind, this latest episode pays tribute to unfashionable players in the game. Can FPL managers profit from looking beyond their often lowly price tags or past failures?
To help Seb and Joe take a trip down the catwalk of outmoded players is Tom, who has never ended a season outside the top 36k in his long career and is currently poised for another strong finish.
Watch Tom’s Meet the Manager appearance above
Seb takes a look at how FPL managers can benefit from taking time to look logically at players and overcoming any biases, while Tom details some of the players he may have unfairly overlooked himself this season. Joe joins in the chat to showcase his table of some of the latest behind-the-times stars who are posting strong underlying statistics.
Elsewhere, Tottenham Hotspur enjoy a Double Gameweek 32. Is Harry Kane (£11.7m) worth a Triple Captain chip and is there a case for not maximising Spurs coverage this time around?
Tom, Seb and Joe tackle your other burning questions on the north London side, as well as Leicester City’s strong fixtures and a changing of the guard among mid-price midfielders.
The Scoutcast crew also look back on their Gameweek 31 highs and lows, as well as those of the community, in ‘Rough with the Smooth’.
Transfer and captaincy plans are revealed, the next four fixtures are frisked and Tom takes his turn to pick a differential. In keeping with the theme of this show, an unfashionable player, with potential for points at both ends of the pitch, is firmly in his sights.
This episode was aired live via YouTube. Be sure to subscribe to our Youtube channel get notified of future live episodes.
In addition, the Scoutcast and all our other podcasts are now also available via our Soundcloud channel.
If you’re a traditional type, you can acquire the mp3 audio version via this link or the first player below. Or you can take in the full visual experience via the second player below.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships and monthly subscriptions are now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.