Sponsored by Fantrax
Fantasy Football Scout are delighted to join forces with Fantrax for the 2021/22 season.
Fantrax is a free, draft-style Fantasy platform that offers managers the chance to set up their own mini-leagues with friends, family and work colleagues and completely customise their own league rules and scoring system.
Picture the scene: no tedious ‘template’ teams, no captaincy pot-luck misery, points for the long-overlooked defensive midfielders and not a single mention of effective ownership in sight.
Oh, and only one person can roster each of the premium assets such as Bruno Fernandes, Harry Kane and Sadio Mane. Fantasy nirvana.
Sign up to Fantrax for free today and you could be in with a chance of winning a Premier League jersey of your choice, as you’ll be automatically entered into a draw upon registration:
What is ‘Draft’?
You may have played the Fantasy Premier League Draft before or perhaps Original Fantasy League – or neither.
Together with Fantrax, they’re all from the same family and start with the same premise.
At the beginning of the season, each of the managers in your mini-league will draft their 16-man squad from the pool of available players.
Where draft differs from regular FPL is that no two people in the same league can roster the same asset – so there will only be one manager with Mohamed Salah in their squad, one with Kevin De Bruyne, one with Jack Grealish. And so on.
The Draft Process
Above: The Scout team doing their draft preparation in pre-social distancing times
For anyone who hasn’t taken part in a draft before, it is a hugely entertaining and fiercely competitive event.
All the managers in a mini-league (FanTrax suggests 10-12 for optimum enjoyment) gather virtually to assemble their squads, with the draft taking place in a ‘snake’ format.
For example: if you’re drawn second in a 12-team mini-league draft, you’ll get second go in the opening round of picks but will have to go 11th in the next. That pattern repeats until everyone’s squad is filled.
Get your watchlist preparation in order, as your mini-league mates will soon be snaffling up the prized players at terrifying leg speeds. Trent Alexander-Arnold? Gone. Dominic Calvert-Lewin? Taken. Ollie Watkins? Just missed him.
Suddenly, you’ll have to think on your feet and draw upon your Fantasy nous – so you will need to know your Buendias from your Bissoumas on Draft Day to best your competitors.
The intense rivalry doesn’t stop there.
Once the season starts, you’ll be pitting your starting XI against a mini-league friend, family member or workmate every week in a head-to-head format.
And you’ll be able to tap into your potential to spot a differential throughout the campaign by dipping into the free agent pool, as you attempt to enlist the services of the next mid-season wonder like Raphinha or Ilkay Gundogan.
Why Fantrax over the others?
In one word: customisation. You’re not tied to preset rules or a rigid scoring system with Fantrax and can shape your league in pretty much any way imaginable.
Want points rewarded for aerial duels won? Easy. Longing for successful crosses to be recognised by a Fantasy game? Done. Think successful take-ons should be as important as a clean sheet? Just point and click.
Or do you want to go back to basics with none of the above? Also fine.
Suddenly, the likes of N’Golo Kante and Wilfred Ndidi can become hot property having been a mere footnote in FPL.
The icing on the cake: if you’re coming from another draft service, Fantrax can import any of your current leagues and customise if needed.
Here are just some of the myriad other selling points for Fantrax over their competitors:
- You are able to decide everything from roster sizes and how trades/ waiver claims are processed to when line-ups are locked for changes on match days – even which Premier League teams’ players feature in your league!
- Squad make-ups are customisable: if you want to roster eight midfielders or trade a defender for a forward, the world is your oyster.
- Live statistical data from Opta, which essentially means that anything that they report on, Fantrax can use. This means that the scoring system can be as complex or as simple as you like.
- Trustworthy servers and real-time updates on the scores: as soon as a goal goes in, the points are there.
SIGN UP HERE TO REGISTER FOR FANTRAX FOR FREE – AND BE AUTOMATICALLY ENTERED INTO THE PREMIER LEAGUE SHIRT GIVEAWAY DRAW
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.