Podcast

Scoutcast #384 – Is it time to move for Lukaku in FPL?

Andy and Seb tackle the key challenges facing Fantasy Premier League (FPL) managers ahead of Gameweek 3.

The pair are without regular co-host Joe this week but all the usual favourite segments remain in tact, including the Gameweek review, team plans, fixture analysis, transfer market trends and differentials.

Seb also takes his regular look at the biggest underachievers and overperformers according to the statistics.

How “essential” Romelu Lukaku (£11.5m) is comes up for debate, as does the question about whether non-owners can continue to ignore Said Benrahma (£6.2m).

What to do with the likes of Riyad Mahrez (£9.0m) is also pondered.

The Scoutcast’s management of a veteran Fantasy manager’s side, who has had to dip out of this campaign for mental health reasons, continues. With a top 100 finish last season, the pressure is truly on to maintain his strong record.

This episode was aired live via YouTube on Tuesday 25 August. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to get notified of future live episodes.

In addition, the Scoutcast and all our other podcasts are now also available via our Soundcloud channel.

If you’re a traditional type, you can acquire the mp3 audio version via this link.

Or you can take in the full visual experience via the player below.

Full-year memberships and monthly subscriptions are now available.

Full-year memberships and monthly subscriptions are now available.

1. TheTinman

The Fantasy Planner uses Google Sheets to share a spreadsheet to each individual. Anybody with a link can access it. So you and the creators basically.

Putting in potential moves today and it dawned on me. The fantasy planner is NOT a tool to help the users!!

It's an elaborate ruse from our very own Az who is consolidating the data from each user to generate his new Forecast EO statistic!!

We all know Az is OBSESSED with EO and his new FEO is expected to be available in the FFS new Exclusive Premium members area for the 22/23 season (available for an extra £10 a year paid straight to Dr Az via Patreon)

1. Az

oh crap, Thetinman is on to me!!!!!!

2. Pep bites Kun

Dr Az sounds like a James Bond villain or at the very least could be an arch-rival to Dr Who. 10 quid sounds a bit cheap, when I reckon he's probably trying to take over the FPL universe. Maybe you're his spin-doctor & are trying to hide his true intention?

3. St Pauli Walnuts

I realised this early doors, which is why I faked it. Schlupp perma captain will play havoc with those EO stats.

2. Paanmonkey

man..this is really frustrating..how is my WC team looking?

Sanchez
    TAA-Shaw-Ayling-Amartey-Duffy-Livra
    Son-Salah-Bruno-Benrahma-Gilmour
    Armstrong-DCL-Antonio

1. Yorkshire Pirlo

I’ll get berated for this, but Pogba’s XG and XA are far higher than Bruno’s. For me, Pogba is the better pick. Even passes the eye test, comfortably. A vast majority of Bruno’s hauls last season came from the penalty spot. There won’t be nearly as many this year. People raked him in because of his haul two weeks ago. He looked dire against Southampton. I would be very tempted, with your team, to move him out and do your best to get Kane or Lukaku in, to get ahead of the curve. Probably Lukaku, as you have Spurs covered with Son.

1. Yorkshire Pirlo

Sorry, move him out for Pogba, my mistake. I was thinking you already had Pogba in your side. If you move him out for Pogba, you can upgrade Armstrong to an £8m, I believe? Some good players in that bracket.

• unclesbasement

when are the price rises

1. TorresMagic™ - 6dcode

Over 10 hours to go

2. Miguel Sanchez

around 2:00am UK time each night

• Fuddled FC

Had I best do Tsimikas > Livramento now or is he safe not to rise tonight?

1. Deer-in-headlights

Wouldn't count on him not rising as he's over 100 on target.

• Alexis Nonsense

Got a pretty template team, only slight differential is Reguilon in my backline with Ayling 1st on bench. Still torn on which one to play.
        A) Ayling
        B) Reguilon

1. JY84

My defence currently is Dier Amartey Shaw TAA n Cresswell... Planning to play 4 of them this week.. Who should i leave on the bench?
          (A) Amartey
          (B) Dier

2. JY84

I would play Reguilon if i were u... I feel Burnley will be able to nick a goal esp since they r playing at hm... Ie Reguilon higher chance of clean sheet than Ayling

• SHOWSTOPPERRR

Already took a price drop on gundo, now he is dropping again on 91 in fplstats. Have 1 ft. The confusions around ib is irritating. Have salah Antonio as potentials threats to loose gw4. Brownhill tsimi veltman are the bench options. So who should I bring in for gundo? Raph is my choice but again the ib issue is there. Irritating these price drops.

1. St Pauli Walnuts

I did Barnes out instead of Gundo, Benrahama in. The Gundo price drops are annoying but KDB is definitely out against Arsenal at least so I'm hoping for some returns. He was very far forward against Norwich, ball just didn't drop to him.

• Jumbosausage

Was going to save the Wildcard for GW7 but decided to use it now to get away from the template. Risky move but I'm going No Salah or Bruno, big up top.

Sanchez

Trent Cancelo Coufal

Harrison Grealish Benrahma Raphina

Kane Lukaku Antonio

Bench: Foster, James, Firpo, Bissouma

1. Mo Mane

NO salah or Bruno, Good luck with that!!....
          Obviously awesome front 3, but I think midfield goalscorers win FPL, not attackers and weak(ish) midfield

1. Jumbosausage

I know its risky but I can switch back to either easy enough.Sometimes these gambles do pay off.

• Mo Mane

With the breaking news, I guess the 1% of managers owning B Mendy, DEF at City will be making transfers this week!!??

1. St Pauli Walnuts

For sure, I'm ditching as part of a double move to get Siggy in.