The Fantasy Premier League (FPL) captaincy debate for Gameweek 9 has been completely turned on its head by an injury to Romelu Lukaku (£11.6m) during Wednesday nights UEFA Champions League win over Malmo.
As a result, Mohamed Salah (£12.8m) again looks like the leading armband candidate, but there are other options on the radar too, including Kai Havertz (£8.1m), Son Heung-min (£10.2m), Harry Kane (£12.1m) and the in-form Jamie Vardy (£10.7m).
First, we will assess the fallout of the Gameweek 9 captain poll, before then analysing the best options, Rate My Team (RMT) and the Premier Fantasy Tools ratings ahead of Friday’s 18:30 BST deadline.
THE CAPTAIN POLL
Mohamed Salah leads the captain poll for the fifth time this season, having gained 39.47% of total votes from our users at the time of writing.
Kai Havertz currently sits in second, and is backed by 15.97% of FPL managers ahead of his appealing Stamford Bridge encounter against Norwich City, while Jamie Vardy occupies third-place with 11.98%.
The top-five list is completed by differentials Kevin De Bruyne (£12.0m) and Harry Kane, with 4.7% and 2.9% respectively.
HOW HAS CAPTAIN SENSIBLE PERFORMED SO FAR THIS SEASON?
|1||Salah (17)||Fernandes (20)||Mane (3)|
|2||Salah (3)||Fernandes (1)||Mane (8)|
|3||Son (10)||Antonio (11)||Fernandes (2)|
|4||Ronaldo (13)||Salah (8)||Lukaku (13)|
|5||Salah (12)||Mane (8)||Ronaldo (6)|
|6||Ronaldo (2)||Salah (7)||Antonio (8)|
|7||Lukaku (2)||Ronaldo (1)||Antonio (2)|
|8||Salah (13)||De Bruyne (11)||Mane (8)|
Full-year memberships and monthly subscriptions are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to Members content in over 250+ articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.