Sponsored by FanTeam
We’re back for another shot at FanTeam‘s latest Weekly Monster, in which Fantasy managers can turn a £1.68 entry fee into a £1,260 cash windfall.
The Weekly Monster is a Fantasy tournament that effectively gives entrants the chance to build a ‘Free Hit’ squad for Gameweek 9 and win big.
There is a kitty of £10,500 (or €12.5k) to play for, with prizes awarded down to 1,000th place and beyond.
The deadline is at 15:00 GMT on Saturday.
For those with a bit more money to spend, there is a sister tournament with exactly the same rules that costs £10.08 to enter and offers a prize pool of £42,000.
Head to the FanTeam lobby and look for the ‘Gameweek 9 €50K EPL Weekly Monster [€5K to 1st place]’ link (seen above) to choose your level of entry.
A brief how-to-play guide is featured beneath our picks.
SCOUT PICKS FOR GAMEWEEK 9
With Chelsea assets not available due to the Saturday lunchtime kick-off, we have opted for FPL premiums such as Harry Kane (8.7m), Jamie Vardy (9.2m) and Son Heung-min (9.0m) who are favourably priced in this week’s FanTeam. The Spurs duo love facing West Ham and will hope to repeat their returns from last Sunday’s trip to Newcastle.
Vardy is the first name that comes to mind when replacing the injured Romelu Lukaku. He is the league’s joint-top scorer with seven goals and his Leicester side have scored at least twice in each of their last three league outings, as well as Wednesday evening’s heroic 4-3 win at Spartak Moscow.
Crystal Palace look impressive under Patrick Vieira and were denied a win at his former club Arsenal due to an injury-time equaliser. Odsonne Edouard (9.5m) thundered in a shot off the crossbar – his third goal from just 267 minutes – and will be excited to face a Newcastle side yet to either win or keep a clean sheet, hence the double-up with Wilfried Zaha (9.6m). In fairness to the Magpies, scoring themselves doesn’t tend to be a problem, netting in 15 of their last 17 league matches. Star man Allan Saint-Maximin (7.9m) therefore gets the nod.
Raphinha (9.1m) is back from starring for Brazil, as Leeds face Wolves, with defence covering both sides of the Southampton v Burnley spectacle – Tino Livramento (7.6m) and Nick Pope (6.3m). Everton aren’t known for their clean sheets but Rafael Benitez will drill his side to match their 2-0 win over Norwich in Gameweek 6, boosting Michael Keane‘s (8.5m) potential. And Ruben Dias (9.2m)? He’s a defender for Manchester City, so nothing much needs to be said – six clean sheets and the fewest shots conceded (49) by far.
HOW TO PLAY: A BRIEF GUIDE
Slightly different from the usual squad-based games, FanTeam managers are given a budget of €95m to build a team of 11 players that includes at least one goalkeeper, three defenders, two midfielders and one forward.
A maximum of three players are allowed from one club and captains score double points, as usual.
Here are some other minor differences to the otherwise easy-to-play game:
- There is no bench or manual substitutes; instead, there is a ‘Safety Net’ feature. If a player in your Fantasy team isn’t in the starting XI for their side, they will automatically be substituted for the next priced player from the same position and club.
- A ‘Stacking Penalty’ is given if you have two or more defensive players from the same club and they keep a clean sheet. One point is deducted for each additional asset that you select from the same side.
HOW DOES THE SCORING WORK?
FPL managers looking for a way to make their knowledge pay will have no trouble picking up FanTeam‘s Gameweek 9 Weekly Monster, with its familiar scoring system.
Think of it as FPL without the bonus points, with a few other exceptions such as shots on target and winning/losing impact points – detailed in the graphic above.
18+. Please gamble responsibly. http://begambleaware.org. #ad
Full-year memberships and monthly subscriptions are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to Members content in over 250+ articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.