As I write this, we’re 10 games into Double Gameweek 26 with another four still to come, and I sit 51,875th overall in Fantasy Premier League (FPL).
The last couple of rounds have been a bit of a slog – mainly Gameweek 24 when I opted to captain Harry Kane (£12.2m) over Diogo Jota (£8.4m) – but after picking up 71 (-4) points so far this week, it at least feels like we’re moving in the right direction again.
The plan had always been to Triple Captain Mohamed Salah (£13.1m) against Norwich City/Leeds United and use my second Free Hit in Blank Gameweek 30. However, I’m still debating the latter, given that only three fixtures are currently guaranteed to take place:
- Aston Villa v Arsenal
- Leicester City v Brentford
- Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds United
That could perhaps rise to four if West Ham United beat Southampton in the FA Cup, which in turn would allow Burnley v Southampton to be added, but either way, I have a feeling I will gain more by saving it for the run-in.
Wildcarding ahead of Double Gameweek 26 was a really popular move in the community, and I can see why, but the key to that approach was loading up on Liverpool and Arsenal assets, then Free Hitting in Gameweek 27.
Having already used my first Free Hit in Gameweek 19, that was never really an option for me, but if anything, it has been really cool seeing some alternative chip strategies out there, which definitely shakes things up and makes the game more interesting.
With so many Free Hits flying around, getting through Gameweek 27 with minimal damage is my next challenge. For context, here’s how I’m currently set-up with one free transfer and £0.3m in the bank.
Immediately, I have a few issues which you can see, and it’s highly likely I’ll have to take a -4 or -8 to remain competitive.
Full-year memberships and monthly subscriptions are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to Members content in over 250+ articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.