Members

FPL position change and Leicester move boost Perez’s appeal

Ayoze Perez has completed a £30m move to Leicester City, leaving Newcastle United after five years in the north-east.

Perez was one of a handful of Fantasy Premier League assets who saw his position change upon the game’s relaunch this summer.

An FPL forward in his first four seasons in the top flight, Perez was reclassified as a midfielder in June after playing more than half of his games in 2018/19 in more of a supporting role behind Salomon Rondon.

Had his Fantasy position been altered 12 months earlier, the extra points he would have accumulated for goals/clean sheets would have put him in the top ten highest-scoring FPL midfielders of 2018/19.

Available for £6.5m this season, Perez would have been an intriguing prospect even if had stayed on Tyneside – but a move to a Leicester side that has developed an attacking swagger under new boss Brendan Rodgers will provoke even more interest in the Fantasy community.

Members can read on for our study of Perez’s Fantasy credentials.

Become a Member and access our data

Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £17.50, which will give subscribers access to the end of 2019/20 and the whole of 2020/21. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.

1. The Danger Zone!
    1 year, 11 days ago

Perez: not for me at the moment. Too many uncertainties to for start of season.
    Maybe a good one to keep an eye in for a month or two down the line.

1. The 5% Team
      1 year, 11 days ago

agreed...high on my watchlist though

2. Brooksy86
      1 year, 11 days ago

As far as a start of the season punt goes, for 6.5m I'm willing to take the risk.

2. King Kohli
    1 year, 11 days ago

If you had to pick one to go with Salah:

A. Sterling
    B. Kane

1. The 5% Team
      1 year, 11 days ago

B, mainly for structure/formation...and with hopes he has an injury free season

1. HamezMace

This.
        Having premium options in all positions is important, especially at the start, as it means you have the flexibility to get any player in who becomes important early on.

2. Darthshearer
      1 year, 11 days ago

A - You have two decent captain choices then.

3. Black Panther
      1 year, 11 days ago

A. Sterling/Salah rotate better for captaincy than Kane/Salah.

3. goneill79
    1 year, 11 days ago

They say cats bring dead animals into the house as a ‘gift’....some gift at 7:30am,a bird ripped to bits on my living room rug.

To FPL,preseason games begin soon.Who’s going to be this years Michu?

1. Hedge
      1 year, 11 days ago

My mum found a mouse stomach in her shoe a few years back.

I'd prefer a dead bird on the rug to a live pigeon... My parent's cats did that once too!

2. el polako
      1 year, 11 days ago

I had a horse head in my bed...

4. The 5% Team
    1 year, 11 days ago

2 players who were hit with injuries last season, how many points you think will they score this season (I feel both are a bit underpriced now)?

Kane
    KdB

1. Hedge

205
      200

1. The 5% Team

yeah...kinda agree:
        Kane 210
        KdB 190

would both be good amount for their prices.
        Think Aguero will be around that amount as well

1. Brooksy86
          1 year, 11 days ago

KDB being fit will only improve Kuns output.

1. The 5% Team

hmm...yeah, good point actually

2. The Rumour Mill

130 for Kane
      180 for KDB

Reason being is I suspect Kane will get injured again more than once - glass ankles and always bought back too early from injury. KDB I think will be more resilient this season with a full pre season behind him, but I still expect at least 1 injury, he injured several parts of himself last season and at 28 is getting to the age where these will become more frequent I fear.

1. The 5% Team
        1 year, 11 days ago

so I reckon Kane is not in year team. What about KDB, still value 180 points for 9.5M a good pick then?

1. The Rumour Mill
          1 year, 11 days ago

Haha you guess correctly! Kane seems to be going backwards, both as an FPL asset and on the pitch, he seems to prefer playing as a no. 10 to a no. 9 these days. Yeah I like KDB, he is still incredibly good at creating chances, even in his limited minutes he was creating far more big chances per 90 minutes than anyone else in the league. If he can become a legitimate City captaincy option available at 9.5m as opposed to the 12m of Sterling and Aguero then he becomes essential. If he isn't a captaincy option though then he's overpriced as the likes of Robertson, TAA, VVD, LaPorte and a bunch of the 6.5-8.0m mids could all reach 180 points for less money. I'm planning to start the season with Sterling and then if KDB proves himself as captaincy material then I'll likely downgrade sterling to him and use the funds elsewhere. KDB requires close monitoring over pre season to see how fit and in form he is too.

5. amit1964

hii, try to get 3 primum mid, it is like this :

heatom

walker robertson coleman dunk

salah mane sterling

king deulofeu jota

subs : buttom kelly stephans

6. pokern1nja09
    1 year, 11 days ago

I'm going for Perez at the start. He's probably the pick of the 6.5M attackers along with King.

1. Our Tiny Servant
      1 year, 11 days ago

Exactly. Who else do you pick for that price range?

1. Zenith UK

Redmond, Townsend (even more so if Zaha leaves?), Brooks, Barnes/Gray

1. pokern1nja09
          1 year, 11 days ago

none of these appeal to me

2. Devo-McDuff
        1 year, 11 days ago

No love for Jota? Guess Europa rotation is a worry but I have him in at the moment.

2. Hedge
      1 year, 11 days ago

So many better options at 7 though.

Milli/Zaha
      Maddison and I'd expect Teilemans too

1. Zenith UK

Milli, no - especially if Zaha leaves
        Zaha, no - either at Arsenal (because who wants Arsenal attackers) and if at Palace because lack of morale

Tielemans may not go through/complete?

2. pokern1nja09
        1 year, 11 days ago

Will maddison score more than perez? I'm not sure

3. Bumbaclot

Brooks

4. Boberella
      1 year, 11 days ago

I’m currently on Brooks but tempted by Perez now.

7. Peter Ouch

Ayoze is great character

8. Ajax Hamsterdam
    1 year, 11 days ago

In view of his performances last season I actually think a pricing of 7.5 is ok for Jimenez. With cheap forward options very few and far between I'm tempted to pick instead of vardy .

1. Hedge
      1 year, 11 days ago

I think 8 would have been fair for Jimenez. Only consideration is Europe at the beginning of the season

1. Ajax Hamsterdam
        1 year, 11 days ago

Yep Europe is a bit of a worry .

1. cheekumz
          1 year, 11 days ago

there was a great comment a few days ago that took a look at the teams that played in europa and compared their prior season to their europa season. examples went back a good few years. Sorry don't have a link or know how to go about finding it but summary was that outside of a few extreme outliers Europa had very little impact.

1. Lebowski85
            1 year, 11 days ago

I concur. It was a good post and generally speaking...the impact was minimal & usually reserved for teams who punched well above their weight. Like Stoke / Burnley etc

Wolves will be fine. They are not impeccebly managed and have a top squad

1. Lebowski85
              1 year, 11 days ago

'impeccably' not 'not impeccably'

1. HamezMace
                1 year, 11 days ago

Currently they have a very thin squad though.
                West Ham and Burnley in recent years struggled with Europa League games, especially when they start playing the qualifiers in about two weeks time.

1. Zenith UK
                  1 year, 11 days ago

This, and whilst we don't have the best benches in the world, we're stocked for nearly two players for every position or were (West Ham)

2. Markus
              1 year, 11 days ago

Sounds like it should be hot topic, as really interested in that. I think Jota is a bargain for 6.5 (would have been harsh to price higher, but I think value there) given he was scoring 5.1ppg when playing up front even accounting for striker points.

I agree they are a good side full stop, not just punching above their weight, but I'm not convinced of squad depth - is Jimenez really going to play 38 games plus all of the europa ones? Who else of vaguely similar calibre do they have to stand in for the front 2? That's the element of risk I think.

2. Zenith UK
            1 year, 11 days ago

Team performance doesn't reflect on individual performance though and you can't tell if those teams rotated through the season...

1. cheekumz
              1 year, 11 days ago

good point I didnt really consider, how the teams were managed differently to account for the extra load.

2. Brooksy86
      1 year, 11 days ago

Bare extra time for his country then straight into Europe before the season starts, fixtures then not great. It's a hard swerve from me.

9. Captain Kakaroto (I blame R…
    1 year, 11 days ago

It seems to be quite interesting that the majority here prefer Salah abvoe Mane + 1m because of penalties, but when deciding between Kun or Sterling there is no question.
    I think last year the value was with kun but this year when they have the same prices maybe we should go with the one who takes penalties.

1. J ⚒ Gimme your Mané…
      1 year, 11 days ago

I don’t think the majority of us like Salah due to penalties. The season he scored 300+ points he wasn’t even on penalties... he’s their star man and the most reliable captain in the game.

1. Captain Kakaroto (I blame R…
        1 year, 11 days ago

Yea the season he scored 300+ pts he was unbelivable. But if you saw last season games you could see that besides the purple patch in middle season (starting agianst bou) he wasnt the same player.

2. Zenith UK
      1 year, 11 days ago

I do agree with this sentiment, however I think the concern is the potential rotation and 60 minute games that Aguero will be facing in comparison to the Salah/Mane debate (where you wouldn't expect the same kind of treatment)

1. Captain Kakaroto (I blame R…
        1 year, 11 days ago

I agree with the rotation, but Sterling not Immune to this too. Last season I jumped on Sterling early on and didnt care about his rotation cause most of the times when he played he gets points. But this year Im wondering if the lack of good budget FWD, is a hint to go Aguero esspcialy with them the same price.
        Also there is much better options at budget MID then budget FWD

1. Zenith UK
          1 year, 11 days ago

However wasn't just the rotation with Sterling that was the issue you could more or less guarantee that Aguero would get the hook around 60mins if they were up.

I do agree though, I keep fitting Aguero in my team, wanting to share it but know all I'm gonna hear is "No Salah/Sterling" or "MIDs looking a bit light"

1. Captain Kakaroto (I blame R…
            1 year, 11 days ago

Go ahead then. You can share it.

3. Tommytour
      1 year, 11 days ago

Last year the value was with Sterling, but if you didn't have or captain Aguero for those hatricks you suffered.

1. Captain Kakaroto (I blame R…
        1 year, 11 days ago

Yes this was my case, I did suffer, but the majority of time Sterling was the better pick, Like the Hat-trick at watford ans the amazing game agianst SOU.

4. in sane in de bruyne
      1 year, 11 days ago

To me the one mil price difference is a joke. Didn't consider mane for a second.

1. Captain Kakaroto (I blame R…
        1 year, 11 days ago

Why is that? can you elaborate?

1. in sane in de bruyne
          1 year, 11 days ago

Salah had a 'bad' season, yet he outscored Mane who had his best season. There is no doubt in my mind that Salah will comfortably outscore Mane this season aswell.

5. el polako
      1 year, 11 days ago

Sterling is constantly improving under Pep and who knows where his limits are.
      Aguero in my opinion is past his peak, thats why I will go for young Raheem.

1. Captain Kakaroto (I blame R…
        1 year, 11 days ago

You are right. but the lack of option within the budget FWD is killing me.

1. Bilbao Baggins
          1 year, 11 days ago

I don't think the budget forwards are hugely weaker than most years, maybe a little. But
          Jota
          King
          Deulofeo
          Wood
          Barnes
          Deeney
          Calvert lewin potentially
          Ings
          Adams
          Origi keep an eye on
          Pukki
          3 of those or 2 with Vardy IR Wilson.

Or find a way to get Sterling and Aguero perhaps. Man City do score the most goals every year without fail after all.

10. Our Tiny Servant

Am I close?

Ryan
    Trent VanDijk Mendy Digne
    Salah Bernardo Zaha Perez
    Aguero Giroud

1. Peter Ouch
      1 year, 11 days ago

Quite risky with Bernardo and giroud.
      I would go raz over kun

2. Lebowski85
      1 year, 11 days ago

I like it. It's mostly template with th right amount of punt. Good fund allocation.

I'm sure it'll change but stick to the same structure!

1. Our Tiny Servant

I appreciate that!

11. Bumbaclot
    1 year, 11 days ago

Hi guys first draft. Could I have some people’s thoughts please!?

Foster
    AWB/VVD/zinchenko*
    Salah/KDB/zaha/brooks
    King/vardy/rashford

Subs: Ryan/dendonker/elmo/lascelles

*zinchenko in if it looks like he’s first choice

Thanks guys

1. Zenith UK
      1 year, 11 days ago

Going all out with Rashford, I kinda like it to be honest! He's definitely number one choice for them.
      Who's the alternative if Zin doesn't start?

2. Tommytour

Get Wilson for first 2 then transfer to Rashford

12. Bury94
    1 year, 11 days ago

This article certainly tempts me I must admit!

1. Tommytour
      1 year, 11 days ago

By far the best 6.5m option, only fixtures deter me a little but Leicester are attacking enough to score against anyone.

2. Markus
      1 year, 11 days ago

I feel like I have a bias against him from Newcastle days and often going missing, but he's a momentum player which should benefit him at Leicester. I think Leicester could score a lot of goals, it's working out where they will come from, but 6.5m is a decent price point to punt at.

13. jayzico
    1 year, 11 days ago

I know Greenwood is merely a filler. But will he actually get any gametime?

Surely there's a 4.5striker who'll get more minutes?

1. MysticMac17

I'm thinking Wickham is the most likely right now out of the 4.5 assets

1. jayzico
        1 year, 11 days ago

The ex killie guy; that's who I'm thinking

2. Bragazeti
      1 year, 11 days ago

I believe he'll get more chances in the Europa league

14. MysticMac17
    1 year, 11 days ago

Who do we think the best 5.5 keeper is?
    -If United sign Maguire (which seems to be likely going by the papers) together with the fact they've already signed AWB would surely make De Gea a good option?
    -Kante will surely be played in his best position this season which may boost Kepas clean sheet prospects?
    -Pickford has been one of the highest scoring keepers for two straight seasons now and Everton seem to be on the rise. Hes also good at saving penalties. However, most defences seem to include one of Digne or Coleman so to double up may seem a bit much?

Thoughts on who you think is the best in the 5.5 bracket?

1. The 5% Team
      1 year, 11 days ago

what about Lloris...Ndomdele should make Spurs defensive players a bit better fantasy picks

some good options indeed at 5.5 bracket, agree with all of your points. (I'm still with Ederson atm)

2. MysticMac17
      1 year, 11 days ago

Ok you've both sold me on Lloris

3. Pompel
      1 year, 11 days ago

I'm currently on Lloris. HAve a feeling he'll at least match his regular 140+ points from previous seasons. He started only 33 games previous season, so if he gets 38 mattches and Spurs tighten up, one should hope for 150 pts+. He'll probably not get 2 penalty saves this season , though. Also thinking Ederson total points to drop by maybe 10, so 5.5 is where the value is - unless Pope or Heaton goes big. Only issue is, that will leave me with probably Laporte @6.5 as only viable City defender, which has to be taken into account.

1. The 5% Team
        1 year, 11 days ago

would be great if Angelino played a great pre-season and emerged as the nailed on LB 🙂

15. in sane in de bruyne
    1 year, 11 days ago

Thoughts on this flexible 5-2-3/4-3-3? Could start with Perez on the bench. GW2 bench trips against city.

Heaton
    Robbo Trent Digne Laporte Trippier
    Salah Sterling Perez 4.5 4.5
    King Deulofeu Jota

1. Peter Ouch
      1 year, 11 days ago

If deulo and jota were strikers last year they would have been poor (scoring wise).

Not sure for both of them

1. in sane in de bruyne
        1 year, 11 days ago

Yep that's true mate. Both of them could improve this season though imo. And can't see any better options for mids/forwards priced 6.5 atm.

16. Hobolicious
    1 year, 11 days ago

Is a player like Azpilicueta being overlooked? I am just wondering if he could be a better option than for example Walker which is present in a lot og RMTs.

He now has three seasons running where he has ended between 158 and 175 points. He also has four seasons in a row with between 6 and 8 goals/assists.

The biggest concern is obviously how Chelsea will look under a new manager, but I guess they should be used to changing managers by now (and it does not really seem to have affected their CS potential in previous seasons)...

What are your thoughts?

1. Lebowski85
      1 year, 11 days ago

Totally agree. Azpi has ways been solid and has plenty to offer.

Tactics are key here & my suspicion is by the end of pre season every team will have 1 or 2 Chelsea players in.

1. The 5% Team
        1 year, 11 days ago

ow yeah...after every pre-season match, we get a new set of RMT's....always interesting, and with a few transfers, it might even change the template

2. The 5% Team
      1 year, 11 days ago

agreed, in my team for sure...a great and reliable source of fantasy points

I guess it's hard to fit him in with all the other great defenders (and their high prices)

17. fclackless [Brazil Nuts]
    1 year, 11 days ago

Nice article SR ... cheers.

18. Lebowski85

Thoughts?

A) Kane / KDB / Kante (sub)
    B) Vardy / Sterling / Stephens (sub)

1. Silicon Vialli

I'd probably go A

19. EgyptianKing

Hi mates.

What do you think is better?

A) Deulofeu (play 442)
    B) Perez (play 451)

Cheers!

1. Peter Ouch
      1 year, 11 days ago

Wait and see preseason but perez has a great prospect

20. Reddevilz
    1 year, 11 days ago

Is it too risky to go for pulisic atm ? im currently on L.moura

Begovic - Ryan
    Kelly - El-mohamady - Digne - TAA - VVD
    L.Moura- Salah - Richarlison - Pereyra - Grealish
    Wickam - Aguero - King

a) Digne or Laporte
    b) Richarlison or Siggy
    c) L.Moura or Pulisic
    d) TAA or Robertson

1. HamezMace
      1 year, 11 days ago

Makes sense to start with Moura and monitor Pulisic for when Son is available for Spurs again

2. Will Grigg's on Fire
      1 year, 11 days ago

wait and see pre-season form.

21. MysticMac17

Digne
    Siggy
    Moura but don't like either tbh
    TAA

1. MysticMac17

Reply fail

22. MysticMac17

Thoughts on this team?
    Lloris
    Walker Robbo VVD TAA Digne
    Zaha Siggi Sterling
    Kane King

Subs: Dendoncker, Stephens, Wickham

1. Silicon Vialli

Actually really like this

2. Queenofthestoneage
      1 year, 11 days ago

Not bad but Salah is the king of fpl.....

3. jayzico

Really nice. Year upon year I just can't bring myself not to play 3,4,3 though

4. pingissimus
      1 year, 11 days ago

Almost identical - even to subs

I go Perez KdB for Zaha Siggy and avoid triple Liverpool at the back

23. Silicon Vialli
    1 year, 11 days ago

Been 'avin a tinker... Nothing on the bench.. Thoughts on this?

Ederson
    Van Dijk / Robertson / Maguire / Alonso
    Sterling / Salah / Bilva / Perez / Pereyra
    King

1. Peter Ouch
      1 year, 11 days ago

Not even a sure starter...Alonso

2. The 5% Team
      1 year, 11 days ago

risky formation...a small injury or benching for King, and you're kinda forced into a FT

24. cjhewitt92
    1 year, 11 days ago

I want Liverpool attacker for their goals and fixtures which one to go for with Salah Mane and Firimino on international duty in regional championship following World Cup last summer will they play first game

25. Peter Ouch

Α zaha king
    B brooks Wilson

Thanks

1. anish10

a

2. jayzico
      1 year, 11 days ago

I might get wilson, king and brooks for first 2.

26. anish10
    1 year, 11 days ago

Hows this def heavy team:

Ederson
    Walker VVD Robbo TAA Digne
    Sterling Siggy Perez
    Kane King

Button -- Dendonker -- Hayden -- Greenwood

27. pingissimus

This is FPL gold.

He was on my preseason watchlist even as a forward at Newcastle. Arguably he was the budget attacker to be on at the end of last season.
    Yes he’s streaky but that’s what the best 6.5 attackers do - they’re not premiums after all.

1. HamezMace
      1 year, 11 days ago

For the price point he's very tempting, if utilised as a striker alongside Vardy, being supplied by Maddison and Tielemans, then there are goals for sure.

2. Pompel
      1 year, 11 days ago

All the signs of a pre-season FPL band wagon fail are there 😉

1. pingissimus
        1 year, 11 days ago

Not much of a risk at 6.5 and imo he blows Zaha at Palace out of the water.

Which attack would you prefer to be on Leicester or Palace? Palace have some nice home fixtures but are a bit duff at home and Zaha only fired with Bats up top.

1. Pompel
          1 year, 11 days ago

Tongue-in-cheek, really - I think I'l be going with him. 6.5 is a flexible price point anyway, should be easy swap if fail

1. pingissimus

Sorry misread you

28. Captain Fozzy
    1 year, 11 days ago

Are Man City picks really needed for start of season? My thinking is that the ones most likely to play are defensive picks and their start isn't the best

Ederson
    Walker/Delph - Otamendi/Stones - Laporte - Zinchenko/Mendy
    Fernandinho/Gundogan - David Silva/Rodri
    De Bruyne/Bernardo Silva/Foden
    Sterling - Aguero/Jesus - Mahrez/Sane

1. HamezMace
      1 year, 11 days ago

I expect Aguero, Sterling, KdB and B.Silva, will start every game up until the CL starts.

1. pingissimus

Probs

Jesus is at CA too no? Otherwise I’d doubt Kun

1. HamezMace

Yes, Jesus is at CA.

2. Will Grigg's on Fire
      1 year, 11 days ago

Smashing 3 goals per gameweek in the early stage (1-10GWs) of the campaign in the last two seasons.......Is it worth?

1. Captain Fozzy
        1 year, 11 days ago

I'm not saying that they aren't going to win those games or score plenty but the rotational risk of their attackers is extremely high whereas you can have attackers from Liverpool for instance in the same price range and be ensured of starts atleast

29. pingissimus

Lloris
    TAA VVD Walker Coleman Luiz
    KdB Sterling Perez
    Kane King

Den Hayden Wickham

Tempted by Robbo and Digne with Holebas - matched Digne last season and if he’s nailed could be gold before card season at 5.0

Auba may well start weeks 1 and 2. Every day at Newcastlecwith no manager I get closer to that.

Still prefer my mix at the back to the triple ups and multiple double uos

King? Could be Deu Barnes or Jota.

1. The 5% Team

like it mostly...more of an Azpi fan over Luiz

Kane's 11m price tag makes him very interesting

1. pingissimus
        1 year, 11 days ago

Azpi Luiz is a close call. Whichever is most nailed probably. Currently I have Luiz for set pieces etc but he’s more likely to lose out I guess

30. AFC49

How’s this team looking?

Fabianski
    Robbo, VVD, Digne
    Salah, Sterling, Maddison, Zaha
    Deulofeu, Jota, King

Button, Dunk, Dendoncker, Aarons

1. The 5% Team
      1 year, 11 days ago

I like the selected picks, but with the value lying more in defense than strikers, I fancy a 442 over 343 formation

2. pingissimus
      1 year, 11 days ago

One of the best Mo Sterling’s I’ve seen.

Tricky to move money up front or even around midfield is the real issue here I think.