Despite some minor Fantasy interest in his players, new Brighton manager Graham Potter might find it tough to transform their Fantasy Premier League appeal for the new season.
The Seagulls currently sit fourth on the Season Ticker for the first six Gameweeks of 2019/20 and there has been some early interest in their defence.
Watford, Southampton and Burnley are Brighton’s first three opponents at the Amex Stadium, while the first six Gameweeks will see them travel to Watford, Manchester City and Newcastle.
As things stand, both of the Seagulls’ goalkeepers Mat Ryan (£4.5m) and David Button (£4.0m) are in the top four most popular in their position.
22.7% of managers are in possession of the latter, while Brighton’s Australian international Ryan sits in 16.9% of squads.
However, there is plenty of work to be done in Sussex for Potter and his new players to avoid relegation.
Brighton’s second stab at Premier League football was a tricky one, especially towards the end.
They won just three of the last 23 league matches of the season and stayed up by the skin of their teeth, helped by Cardiff City’s failed recovery bid.
We are continuing our ‘Numbers Game’ series with a look at the Seagulls’ underlying data across the pitch in 2018/19 to assess their potential for the new campaign.
Become a Member and access our data
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £17.50, which will give subscribers access to the end of 2019/20 and the whole of 2020/21. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.
MORE TEAM-BY-TEAM ANALYSIS CONTENT
Arsenal | Aston Villa (manager) | Aston Villa (defence) | Aston Villa (attack) | Bournemouth | Brighton | Burnley | Chelsea | Crystal Palace | Everton | Leicester | Liverpool | Man City | Man United | Newcastle | Norwich (manager) | Norwich (defence) | Norwich (attack) | Sheffield United (manager) | Sheffield United (defence) | Sheffield United (attack) | Southampton | Spurs | Watford | West Ham | Wolves