Southampton are one of the most overlooked teams in Fantasy Premier League as Gameweek 1 draws ever nearer.
Only one of the Saints’ FPL assets is owned by more than 2.5% of managers: Shane Long (£5.0m), who, barring injuries, is expected to be among the substitutes when Southampton run out at Turf Moor this Saturday.
While the south coast club’s fixtures are a horror show between Gameweeks 7 and 13 (all of the sides they face in this period finished in the top nine last season), there are some more appealing encounters with Burnley, Brighton, Sheffield United and Bournemouth in the first half-dozen Gameweeks.
Pre-season results are not always a reliable barometer but the Saints are unbeaten in five matches this summer, winning four of them.
New signing Che Adams (£6.0m) has arguably been the stand-out performer, with three goals and two assists.
Is there anything to encourage Fantasy investment in the first six Gameweeks, then?
In this latest Numbers Game article, we take a slightly different approach to the series template and instead focus on the impact Ralph Hasenhuttl has made on Southampton following his appointment in December 2018.
Only Members can read on but those who wish to sign up can do so by clicking here.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the annual price of £17.50 or the monthly price of £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.
MORE TEAM-BY-TEAM ANALYSIS CONTENT
Arsenal | Aston Villa (manager) | Aston Villa (defence) | Aston Villa (attack) | Bournemouth | Brighton | Burnley | Chelsea | Crystal Palace | Everton | Leicester | Liverpool | Man City | Man United | Newcastle | Norwich (manager) | Norwich (defence) | Norwich (attack) | Sheffield United (manager) | Sheffield United (defence) | Sheffield United (attack) | Southampton | Spurs | Watford | West Ham | Wolves