Fantasy managers will very likely learn more about Chelsea assets from pre-season than they can from the Blues’ performances in 2018/19.
There has been a regime change at Stamford Bridge this summer, with Frank Lampard being appointed as head coach following the departure of the Juventus-bound Maurizio Sarri.
As a result, there’ll be a different system and style in place in west London next season to the regimented 4-3-3 ‘Sarri-ball’ we have become accustomed to over the last 12 months.
Lampard has already experimented with a 4-2-3-1, a 4-4-2 diamond and 4-1-4-1 in Chelsea’s pre-season fixtures so far and the aggressive press that he favoured at Derby County has been in evidence, too.
We Fantasy managers are also faced with the task of preparing for life without Eden Hazard for the first time in seven years.
How well the Blues can cope with their talisman’s exit is uncertain, particularly as their two-window transfer ban is still in operation.
There is still something to be gained by looking at the statistics from last season, however, to see which areas Lampard may need to address and which players could possibly shine following Hazard’s departure.
This latest Numbers Game article is available only to existing Members but those wishing to subscribe and read on can do so by clicking here.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the price of £17.50.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.
MORE TEAM-BY-TEAM ANALYSIS CONTENT
Arsenal | Aston Villa (manager) | Aston Villa (defence) | Aston Villa (attack) | Bournemouth | Brighton | Burnley | Chelsea | Crystal Palace | Everton | Leicester | Liverpool | Man City | Man United | Newcastle | Norwich (manager) | Norwich (defence) | Norwich (attack) | Sheffield United (manager) | Sheffield United (defence) | Sheffield United (attack) | Southampton | Spurs | Watford | West Ham | Wolves