The Premier League returned with a bang in midweek, with goals in one match and controversy in the other.
Saturday’s fixtures may have to work hard in order to match that hype. But Europe’s largest daily Fantasy Football provider, FanTeam, are holding a huge contest to keep the interest high.
Their feature main event of the weekend will be the €100,000 GPP contest, which has a massive first-place prize of €20,000.
The seven-a-side contest will cover the four Premier League games being played tomorrow, starting with Watford vs. Leicester City at 12:30 BST and running through to the late fixture between Bournemouth and Crystal Palace.
The two matches in between feature Brighton hosting Arsenal and West Ham taking on Wolves.
For Fantasy managers used to playing only FPL, it’s not just the seven-man teams that mark the contest out as something different.
The event will be played in Pursuit Mode, which adds a whole new layer of Fantasy strategy.
Pursuit Mode means you will have absolutely no problem stuffing your team with big-name, big-money players because the overall budget is so high.
But being frugal with that budget conveys a major advantage, because the more you come in under-budget, the bigger the head start you’ll get. Why? Because you earn 0.05 points for each 0.1m saved.
That might not sound like much, but in the draft of the team I’ve been tinkering with today, the savings I’ve made equate to a head start of nearly six points.
It’s also one of the reasons I’m considering Brighton’s bargain basement midfielder Solly March, but more of that is tomorrow’s article.
Another key rule to remember is the Stacking Penalty, which means that if you decide to double (or even triple) up on defenders from the same team, you’ll receive fewer points for every extra player you select.
And the other major budgetary issue that needs mentioning is that your captain, as per, scores you double points. But as a result, he’ll cost you twice as much as his stated price, while vice-captains cost 1.5x more and bring in 1.5x the points.
All of that should make for a fascinating Fantasy challenge.
That’s nice work when you could win €20,000.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £17.50. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.