Fantasy Premier League managers face a tough choice over the season run-in regarding players they have trusted for returns for most of the campaign.
Well-owned and usually reliable players, like Raul Jimenez (£8.3m) at Wolves and Mohamed Salah (£12.6m) at Liverpool, are starting to look laboured in matches. Speaking of labour, Mrs Jimenez is due to give birth soon, which will give the Mexico striker’s owners further anxiety of starts, albeit for understandable reasons.
Joe is joined by Az and Andy to ponder what to do with ‘broken shields’ like Jimenez and Salah, who are no longer protecting FPL managers’ ranks as they have done previously.
Elsewhere, there is an array of low-owned and kindly priced ‘swords’ already helping to boost ranks. Young starlets such as Manchester United’s Mason Greenwood (£4.6m) and City’s Phil Foden (£5.4m) are attracting considerable interest from our trio.
Joe and Andy are considering the previously unthinkable and ditching the likes of Salah. Az has gone one step further, jettisoning the Liverpool midfielder already to stock up on assets from the Manchester clubs. This latest episode considers the ideal triple-ups from the red and blue halves of Manchester.
Spurs have an enticing fixture against whipping boys Bournemouth in Gameweek 34. What can possibly go wrong when transferring in and captaining Jose Mourinho’s troops in an easy-on-paper fixture? Our trio weighs up the merits of cherry-picking defences over the next few Gameweeks.
Az takes his turn to pick a differential. There are clean sheets over the season run-in to focus on and our Scoutcast trio reveal their transfer and captain plans.
In addition, the Scoutcast and all our other podcasts are now also available via our Soundcloud channel.
If you’re a traditional type, you can acquire the mp3 audio version via this link or the first player below. Or you can take in the full visual experience via the second player below.\
FPL Lessons Learned from Gameweek 33+
- Norwich City 0-1 Brighton and Hove Albion
- Leicester City 3-0 Crystal Palace
- Manchester United 5-2 Bournemouth
- Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-2 Arsenal
- Chelsea 3-0 Watford
- Burnley 1-1 Sheffield United
- Newcastle United 2-2 West Ham United
- Liverpool 2-0 Aston Villa
- Southampton 1-0 Manchester City
- Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Everton
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £17.50. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.