Features

Aleksandar Antonov wins 2019/20 Fantasy Premier League crown

A fantastic Gameweek 38+ for Aleksandar Antonov was enough for the Bulgarian to leap from third to first in the overall Fantasy Premier League standings and clinch the 2019/20 crown.

Aleksandar scored a whopping 93 points without the aid of a chip, with his successful captaincy of Kevin De Bruyne (£10.6m) proving key.

Double-digit hauls for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (£10.9m) and Bruno Fernandes (£9.0m) also boosted his score, with almost 70% of his Gameweek 38+ total coming from those three aforementioned players.

The two managers who had been immediately above our new champion, Joshua Bull and erstwhile leader Chris McGowan, both used chips in Gameweek 38+ but were edged out on the final day.

Joshua used his second Wildcard and racked up 68 points, overtaking Chris but finishing 18 points short of Aleksandar.

Our runner-up captained Harry Kane (£11.0m) on the concluding afternoon of football but even if he had handed the armband to De Bruyne, would still have finished in second spot.

Above: Aleksandar’s winning team

Chris used his Triple Captain chip on Mohamed Salah (£12.5m), meanwhile, with the Egyptian only registering a ‘one-pointer’ after coming off the bench in the second half on Tyneside.

Again, though, handing the armband to his vice-captain, Raheem Sterling (£12.0m), wouldn’t have stopped Aleksandar from winning.

Chess grandmaster Magnus Carlsen had a Gameweek 38+ to forget after a memorable season, captaining Salah after taking a hit to bring the Liverpool winger in.

Magnus’s Gameweek score of 40 saw him drop from fourth to 11th in the overall standings.

Fantasy Football Scout Leagues

Aleksandar and Chris finished as first and second in our Fantasy Football Scout league, with Bill Wilkins claiming the bronze medal after a successful Free Hit on the final day.

Our Members League was won by Nathan Woollaston, who finished three points clear of regular contributor Lateriser.

Tom Russell claimed the third podium spot in that league.

Ismail Hossan Rasel was the victor in our post-restart mini-league, with TopMarx coming out on top amongst the Mods and Cons.

Congratulations to all of the above managers on their hugely successful seasons.

We’ll have more reaction to come on these success stories in the next few days and weeks.

Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £17.50. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.

1. Bedknobs and Boomsticks

Weird season for me, in that I only started playing properly after the restart. Prior to that I was playing as a novelty league with players from 5 teams only:
    Salah-Mane-TTA-Robbo-Pool
    Rashford-Fernandez-Dross-Utd
    Dross-mouth
    Dross-Palace
    Pukki-wich

And yet, I found myself at 320k come the restart. And I'd TC-ed mane for his 1 pt DGW. Which is insane, as the above list pretty much does sum up the useful players available to me over most of the season.That's basically Salah, Mane, TAA, Rashford and a couple of in form cheapo's. For a 320k rank.

Did well post restart and finished at 73k in the end, which is my highest finish since ..... (checks birth date of child) ...... 2015/16.

I suspect that this story contains some deep and powerful insights into how to play the game, but not really sure what they are. I guess maybe focus on one or two key teams, and stick by what are obviously their best players. Will probably load up on City, Utd and maybe TAA (because I am now sick of the sight of Salaha and Mane) next season and just rotate cheapos around them.

2. FOO FIGHTER

KDB Salah

Or

Sterling Bruno

LOL @ me

Soon the pages will be pumping again.

I am going with the first option though 😀

1. Ole's at the wheel

2nd option for me

3. Trophé Mourinho

Here’s an interesting one. Pepe price next season, and will he live up to expectations next season?
    I think he could be a hit, and will maybe only be 8mil.
    No way I’d start with him but if he find some form and consistency he could be great next season.

Or will he be irrelevant again?

1. Hot Toddy

I will never buy him again. Absolute donkey.

1. Trophé Mourinho

Lol fair, I think he got in my team 3 times this season. Got me a goal and an assist so it wasn’t too bad, but that was over 5 weeks I think so not ideal.

2. Ole's at the wheel

Pepe who

4. WALOR

How likely is Luke Thomas to start for Leicester next season?
    Impressive kid.

1. Old Man

very likely indeed if Chilwell goes, as I half expect he will.

5. FALSE PROFIT

Excluding new teams: Who have I missed out apart from the obvious Pool, Citeh, ManU and Wolves

(7 mainstays) Pope (5.5), TAA (8.5), Laporte (6.0), KDB (11.0), Bruno 10.0), Pulisic (8.5), Ings 8.0), =57.5 mil (perma cap KDB)

(7 possibles) Tierney (5.0), Lamptey (4.5), Pieters (4.5), St Max (6.0), Soucek (5.0), Greenwood (7.5) Ihenacho (6.0) = 39 mil
    Goalie (Throw away(4.0), = 4 mil

Watch list: Stanislas (if someone buys him) Trossard Sakah McNiel Neto Rodriguez

1. Greek Freak

KDB would be the bargain of the year at 11 - surely he'll be 12-12.5.

As for TAA, I expect him to be 7.5 (although I'm convinced by counter-arguments that he could be 8.0).

1. FALSE PROFIT

KDB could be higher for sure. but 11 is still a good number. TAA maybe higher than 8.5 but as a mid he will be 7.

2. MillsAU

There were some "leaks" that suggested:

12.5 Salah, KDB
      11.0 Sterling, Fernandes, Kane, Aubameyang
      10.5 Martial (F)
      10.0 Son, Werner
      8.5 Ings, Ziyech, Greenwood (M)
      7.5 TAA

For the most part, those read more accurate than your predictions to me. I think you have KDB, Fernandes and Ings too cheap. As for TAA at 7.5, well I think that is too cheap, so it makes me doubt the predictions. 🙂

1. Andy_Social

I don't put much stock on any of that, but Greenwood as a midfielder is intriguing. Logically, if tony is a Fwd, Greenwood a Midf, Rashford ought to be a Midf too. Won't be though.
        I don't think a defender could be above 7.5, which is what i peg TAA at, with Robbo and VVD at 7.0

2. FALSE PROFIT

Let me rephrase. They are guesses. The reason I posted it was to find out if I could field such a side; not so much predicting.

1. Andy_Social

Right, I've knocked up a draft that I'm pleased with. Reckon it won't be far in excess of 100m. Let's see.

6. Kane Lane

Checked my rank 94K overall can I be happy with that knowing up until GW25 I was in top 20k.

1. Brosstan

I would not be happy. You should expect a steady rise all season because at any point there are a number of casual players ahead of you. That said I finished 175k and pretty much didn't change rank for the entire season, just threading water.

2. Van der Faart

Put it this way, week 1 after the restart I was 10k and finished at 32k. I'm not pleased in the slightest

1. Greek Freak

I'm kind of the same - if I finish with green arrows I'm happy, if I finish with reds I'm not. It's why I'm happier with a 139k finish this year than I was with my best season ever two years ago, which shouldn't make much sense.

1. Van der Faart

Yep.6 reds out of 9 GWs from the restart. Had a green this week but it was only up 1k places.

2. Trophé Mourinho

restart ruined me, lost my mini league when i had a 70 point lead, OR plummeted. Only consolation is I still beat the only 2 opponents I had cash bets with, and I won some other larger mini leagues, one was particularly nice to win. I live in Jersey, but always get invited to a Guernsey only league through people I know at work. Last 3 years I have won that one lmao, so the only non Guernsey player keeps winning 😀
        Keep wondering what year I will be ejected haha

3. FALSE PROFIT

Not really. At 20k you could have held your own a little better. You have been playing for a while. I have always improved my rank after what I consider to be more luck than judgement for the first 10 games of the season. You can get unlucky though to be fair

4. Valencia's Left Foot

I don't think so. Similar but not quite as extreme - I was 5k 4 weeks before the end and finished 18k. I'm happy with a decent rank but can't help but think it should have been so much better. I'd be a bit gutted to finish close to 94k.

7. Shatner's Bassoon

Anyone else have a constant 6 figure overall rank this season?

Highest - GW3 104k
    Lowest - GW5 997k

Treading water achievement unlocked!

1. CroatianHammer

I think 2million near the bottom, 70K up top. Ended 170K ish.

8. Trane84

Finished 7091 overall, my best ever finish (previous highest was 7292 in 2011/12.

Despite two pretty costly 'missed deadlines' and a pretty unsuccessful FH38+, I am happy with that. Decent bit of cash from two of my MLs.

I'm still too cheap to buy a FFS membership too 😀

9. Osymoko2

Hi - I wondered if anybody knew of a tool or website that could let me know my world ranking combined from say , GW15 to the end of the season? Obviously i want to forget the first part but would like to know if I was in the top 10k etc for the latter part?

1. Hot Toddy

Anewpla has something similar. Breaks the season into sections.

1. Hot Toddy

Actually, dont mind me. It's not the same thing at all. Oopsie.

10. Red london Fc

Any recommendations on leeds players?

11. NASIR

what money prize leagues will be there next season?