One of the best FPL managers in the business, Tom Freeman, discusses Patrick Bamford, Ben Chilwell’s creativity and the best West Ham United assets, plus reveals his Gameweek 7 team and captaincy decisions.
We’re now six Gameweeks into this turbulent Fantasy Premier League (FPL) season, and it’s been a positive start for me.
Despite missing Son Heung-min (£9.5m) and Harry Kane’s (£10.9m) hauls at Southampton and Manchester United, I sit 140,693rd overall, with 70 points in Gameweek 6 taking me to a total of 389.
Patrick Bamford (£5.9m) was the star of the show but there were also returns for six others, including defenders Luke Ayling (£4.5m) and James Justin (£4.8m).
Bamford has now scored six goals in as many games for Leeds United this season.
For a player who has often been criticised for his profligacy in front of goal, it’s been some turnaround, something he acknowledges himself:
The last time [I was in the Premier League], maybe people said I wasn’t ready – but I didn’t have a proper go at it. It is a fresh start for me to prove I belong here. If I keep on doing it the boys will be happy and I’ll be happy. This time I have a manager who believes in me and, as long as I keep working hard, he will keep trusting me.
The stats are certainly stacking up in Bamford’s favour.
Before I sign off, earlier this week I was fortunate enough to join fellow Pro Pundits Lateriser and Zophar for a chat on The FPL Wire.
We talked strategy, plans going forward, Everton and Manchester City assets, mid-price midfielders plus loads more.
The chat complements this column, and goes a bit deeper into some of the subjects covered, so if you’re into that kind of thing check it out on the link below.
Thanks for reading… until next time.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.