Sponsored by FanTeam
The 2020/21 domestic season is over, so now it’s time to switch our Fantasy-addicted minds to FanTeam’s £1m Euro 2020 game.
Yes, that’s right – there is £1m guaranteed in prize money up for grabs in FanTeam’s Fantasy event for this summer’s European Championship, with £200,000 of it heading straight into the pocket of the winner.
There are prizes all the way down the ranks, too, from £100,000 for the runner-up to £30 for a finish in 10,377th place (click the below image to expand).
Entries cost £20 (or €23) per team.
RULES AND SIMILARITIES/DIFFERENCES TO FPL
Here’s the great news: anyone with any sort of Fantasy Premier League experience should be able to pick up FanTeam’s Euro 2020 game without issue:
- Build a squad of 15 players that includes two goalkeepers, five defenders, five midfielders and three forwards.
- A maximum of three players from a single national team can be selected during the group stage and last 16, with the budget for the initial squad set at 105.0m.
- A starting XI is then selected for each Gameweek from that squad of 15.
- One free transfer is allowed each Gameweek during the group stages, with each additional transfer costing minus four points. Managers can roll a Gameweek transfer forward but can never have more than two free transfers in their locker.
- One Wildcard (to be used ahead of the last 16) is handed to each manager.
- A captain and vice-captain have to be nominated every week; that player will score double points if they are handed the armband.
Sound familiar? That’s because FanTeam‘s rules and scoring are very similar to FPL – it just comes with huge cash prizes.
Click the below image to expand the full rule breakdown, which includes tweaks to the rules/transfer allocations in the knockout rounds.
There are also one or two key differences to watch out for:
KEY DIFFERENCES BETWEEN FANTEAM AND FPL
- Player prices can rise and fall based on form and in-game transfer movement but, unlike in FPL, a player’s ‘sell price’ is the same as their ‘buy price’.
- Other than the aforementioned Wildcard, there aren’t any chips in FanTeam.
- More than one team (up to 100, in fact) is allowed per person, with each entry costing £20.
HOW DO PLAYERS SCORE POINTS?
Seasoned FPL managers should have no problem in adjusting to FanTeam and running a squad with its familiar scoring system, which is shown in the above image (click to expand).
KEY DIFFERENCES BETWEEN FANTEAM AND FPL
- There is no Bonus Points System, which is replaced by plus/minus points (+0.3/-0.3) if a team is winning/losing during the period a player is on the pitch.
- Goalkeepers get 0.5 points for every save made, unlike the one point awarded in FPL for increments of three stops.
- Committing a foul that leads to a free-kick goal or converted penalty is penalised by minus two points.
- Midfielders and forwards get an extra point for completing the full match.
- Shots on goal are rewarded with bonus points (forwards/midfielders: +0.4, defenders: +0.6)
Head over to FanTeam and start tinkering with your team. As is the case in FPL, unlimited transfers are allowed before Gameweek 1 and the player prices don’t change until the tournament is underway.
18+. Please gamble responsibly. http://begambleaware.org. #ad
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available, as are monthly subscriptions. A FREE trial is now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.