The fixtures for the 2021/22 Premier League season were released on Wednesday and we’ve already brought you our guide to the teams with the best and worst runs of opening matches, along with a look at which sides’ schedules rotate well.
Here we switch our focus to something which was almost negated last season: home advantage.
The vast majority of top-flight games were staged behind closed doors in 2020/21, which – as we’ll discuss – seemingly levelled the playing field for away sides.
With stadiums expected to be full again come August, we delve into our Premium Members Area to analyse the trends we can expect to see return.
For the first time ever in a Premier League season, there were more away wins (153) in 2020/21 than there were home victories (144).
Home wins accounted for an average of 47% of the results in the preceding four campaigns; that figure dropped to 38% last season.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.