Members

New-look Premium Members Area now available

We’re thrilled to announce that the beta version of our new Premium Members Area is now available to existing subscribers.

You can use your usual log-in information to access the newly designed sections of the site via this link and test out the latest features for yourself – but we’ll introduce you to some of the latest developments in the article below.

What’s New?

PLAYER COMPARISON TOOL

• Compare up to three players at the same time:
  • New visuals make for easier comparisons:

GAMEWEEK DASHBOARD

• Enter your FPL ID for personalised visuals from Gameweek 1:
  • Check your live rank as the Gameweek progresses:
  • Track your progress against another FPL manager, our Hall of Fame or some of the Scout team:

We should stress that we’re still at the beta release stage, so do please let us know if you spot anything untoward.

Further improvements and tweaks will be made over the coming weeks and months, so keep your eyes peeled on these pages for further announcements.

1. Pep Roulette

Welcome back VVD! 😉

Also, Robertson xD

1. Bam Saka Laca

Lol

1. Pep Roulette

There's my twin brother!

2. Miguel Sanchez

Man U friendly vs Preston off this weekend due to Covid. Only one game left vs Everton for a lot of the returning first team players to get any match fitness in. Can see a bit of a slow start from them this season.

1. Skonto Rigga

Indeed. Similar thing at the start of 2020/21, with half their defeats coming in the first six Gameweeks:

1. Rhinos

i refuse to believe a friendly against Preston could be the difference between a good and a bad start.

1. Skonto Rigga

When you put it like that... 😀

Yeah, I suppose it's less about the Preston friendly and more about the lack of on-field prep in general. There's only really Greenwood and AWB of the regular XI who have played so far. I suppose Bruno is at least in training, which is something. Many teams in a similar boat to some extent but decent chance a fully Murderballed Leeds (who were only really missing Bamford and Phillips last night) could catch them out in GW1.

1. Rhinos

They'll get through the first game on adrenaline alone, Old Trafford should bouncing. Hope you're right though 😎

2. Pep Roulette

Do we need to have a stronger bench to tackle such situations?

1. Wrong Captain Choice - Ag i…

I am not bothered my bench is strong this gw1.
        Andy on LTPL is now gambling on a one man starting bench I saw.
        It is risky.

2. Skonto Rigga

I'm starting to think a full playing XV, including two first-team GKs. On top of United, Norwich have cancelled two friendlies, Burnley one and Arsenal an entire trip to the States. I'm sure there are others I've missed.

1. Baps hunter

This reminds me of TOT-MCI(?) cancellation last season. I had 5 or 6 players in that fixture. Disaster. Strong bench is needed and triple ups are very bad idea. Teams facing each other are a risk to consider. This isn't fun, since spreading money and having two starting gk:s will almost certainly cost points.

3. Wrong Captain Choice - Ag i…

The Euros contingent all have got plenty of football except Sancho.

4. PartyTime

Don’t really care if they have a slow start, as long as Bruno gets a pen every match day, I am satisfied! 🙂

• Beavis

As usual.

5. tricpic

Sanchez
      Digne Trent Shaw Ayling
      Son Salah Sancho Havertz
      Watkins Toney

(4, Joao Pedro, Gilmour, 4)
      Light up front I know.
      But Havertz could become Rapinha or Buendia. Sancho or Son could become Fernandes or Sterling.
      A host of captain choices.
      Thoughts anyone?

1. krawiecus

What's that host?
          It doesn't look bad but I think that if you drop Bruno to Sancho, you should be getting something in exchange (more than just Son): and not a 4-4-2 with v bad bench and having to play Ayling all the time.

1. tricpic

Havertz is the something in return. But yeah I know that’s an unproven hunch.

2. Scheister

A) Shaw, Coufal, Son, Toney

B) Dias, Robbo, Buendia, Watkins

1. PartyTime

I think A

• krawiecus

A any day pending Shaw fitness and ok w/o Villa (not jumping on them even if they score big in opener)

• The Mighty Hippo

How does this draft look? I'm keen to fit Son into my team following his strong pre-season form.

Sanchez
            TAA | Coufal | Tierney
            Salah | Bruno | Son | Raphinha | Harrison
            Antonio | Toney

Gunn | Ayling | 4.0 def | Obafemi

1. Wrong Captain Choice - Ag i…

Very similar idea to Andy LTFPL having a 5 midifield and a very weak bench. It is the weak bench that puts me off.

1. Major League Shocker

Has Andy now single-handedly knocked the 5.5 defender out of the template?

2. Rhinos

Leeds Leeds Leeds

1. IN SANE IN DE BRUYNE

Why not?

3. KGFC

Going double Leeds in midfield despite their iffy fixtures?

1. The Mighty Hippo

Thanks - your comments regarding the heavy Leeds midfield are probably fair enough given their difficult early fixtures. Raphinha and Harrison are such good value choices though who can easily be considered as "set and forget" options. It's probably not a formation I'll go ahead with, just tinkering to see how I could introduce Son in without having to sacrifice Bruno from my lineup.

1. KGFC

Fair enough. This caught my eye because I too am toying with that idea. Feel like both of them provide far better value than say some of the more popular picks in Buendia, Sarr or ESR. Also, they pretty nailed in a well-oiled machinery.

4. krawiecus

Looks very good provided your main aim behind this, ngl. Betting super heavily on Leeds can pay off but risky.

• JJeyy

'I'm keen to fit X into my team following his strong pre-season form'

I've heard that before...

1. The Mighty Hippo

In fairness, introducing Son into a team isn't exactly a wild punt, it's not as if he's a reserve team makeweight.

• The Knights Template

Prefer 343

• Carlton P

Same as mine so I love it
                I’m undecided on harrison > 4.5 and upgrading Sanchez > hendo, tierney > white and 4.0 > 5.5

• Camzy

No to double Leeds with their fixtures.

But it's quite strong otherwise. Would rather go Digne + 4.5m than Tierney + Coufal but it's just a personal preference. Buendia would be a nice pickup over Harrison.

5. Magic Zico

Fantastic beta version Neil, looks really cool! Looking forward to the release. Is it going to make it before the start of the season?

1. Skonto Rigga

Cheers bud! I'd love to say I played a major part in the development but smarter minds than mine are responsible. Playing it by ear for now - the message from on high is that Beta is around until it can successfully replicate everything the old version can do. Might be a few bugs to iron out but a big step in the right direction, for sure.

1. Magic Zico

Good luck guys! 😎

2. Gunners_95

Very cool indeed!
                  Quick question - what are the Overall 3 numbers at the top of the comparison?
                  Thanks!

6. Wrong Captain Choice - Ag i…

I made a few tweaks on my team basically because I did Townsend in and Trossard out. Enabled me to strengthen my back three with strong 5.0m players.

Like others above I looked at Gray. But his end product is terrible - a bit like a weedier Traore from Wolves.

Townsend on the other hand seems to be a much better crosser of the ball ideal for Everton on DCL's noggin.

From the article linked above:

"Andros Townsend will arrive from Crystal Palace having scored once and laid on five assists in the Premier League throughout the 2020/21 season.

Everton will need him to provide his creative ability from one flank, as Whoscored statistics reveal he had the most accurate crosses of anyone to take 25 or more in the top division last term."

So now I have ended up with

Bachmann
              Robertson - Tierney - Dunk (Shaw - Ayling)
              Townsend - Sancho - Salah - Buendia (Brownhill)
              Vardy - Watkins - DCL

I remember one fpl season I was all set to go Naismith for everton. He was about 5/5.5 unfashionable player but capable 'on his day'. I was dissuaded not to on this site and he started off great. It still annoys me I did not go for him even now.
              I am hoping the signs are Townsend is likely to start. If so this time I will stick to my guns.

I am guessing that Gray will be more of an 'impact sub' type against tired legs I could be wrong though.

1. krawiecus

wow Vardy

1. Wrong Captain Choice - Ag i…

He is really there for pens or an easier switch to Kane later unsure yet. Hopefully some are made for Vardy in those opening three.

• The Knights Template

I hope Townsend removes the bitter memories of a missed Naismith opportunity.

1. Wrong Captain Choice - Ag i…

haha yeah I can't remember what year it was.
                    But Sigurdsson was the in thing and Naismith was not fully certain to start. There are similarities with the Townsend situation experienced player etc.

• FPL Brains

Good on you for sticking to your guns this time around.

• Baps hunter

I expext Townsend to boost DCL, but I believe Digne is better option, he should have more set piece threat. So it's DCL and Digne for me. Triple up with these covid times is out of the question.

• I Member

Nice to see a different team. Stick to your convictions and go for it.

2. Pad Randa (The OG)

Sanchez - Steele
                TAA - Robbo - Keane - White - Ait Nouri
                Salah - Bruno - Maddison - Buendia - Gilmour
                DCL - Toney - Pukki

1. The Knights Template

Looks fine. Hopefully Pukki can get things done against the big teams.

1. Pad Randa (The OG)

Yeah, that's what I'm banking on, as well.

2. Baps hunter

He was out of form in Euros after his injury and Norwich sold Buendia and are going back down again. If Pukki and Toney fail, that team is in trouble. I would sell both of them to get Wilson/Watkins/Antonio and upgrade one def.

3. Finding Timo

What are people doing about Kane? Getting him GW2 by making sure have money ITB or getting him GW3 by doing 2 transfers?

1. Wrong Captain Choice - Ag i…

Have two rough drafts set up so can have a halfway house team set up.Looking at it now again acutally.

2. Major League Shocker

People won't leave that much money ITB, they never do. Most will probably take a hit to get him GW2.

Personally, I don't actually regret leaving a fairly expensive player on the bench last year in BGW1 (Mitchell was a hero filling in). With hindsight, the narrative became that it was the wrong thing to do -- the template had favoured it a couple of weeks before the season started before shifting away -- but we didn't know United were going to get off to a slow start.

Leaving a 12.5 player on the bench is probably too unconventional for almost everyone, though.

1. Indpush

I've done it three times in a row and if I don't have Kane in the team for 1st week, I will make it four. No issue with it at all. Not doing it and taking a hit in the second week? A strategy that doesn't make sense.

1. Andy_Social

I'll bite the bullet and wait until I wildcard.

1. Indpush

Reasonable option

• The 12th Man

A few tweaks with Digne and Gray removed for Coufal and Sarr.

Sanchez
                  TAA, Coufal,White
                  Salah,Fernandes,Son,Raphinia,Sarr
                  Watkins,Toney

Steele,Llorente,Ait Nouri, Obafemi

1. Carlton P

Like it as it’s similar to mine. I think Trent, a 5.0 and 3x4.5s atb is the way to go

2. Wrong Captain Choice - Ag i…

Hard to argue with that starting team Sarr should be fun to own with that pace. You have a big three in midfield who you could captain. Nice mix.

On the bench curious as to why you picked Llorente over Ayling I am 50/50 on getting one or other. Not sure on Alt Nouri but he could come in handy when his fixtures improve gw4 if he is starting as OOP.

1. The 12th Man

Thanks.
                      Yeh 50/50 call on the Leeds boys. Llorente looked good toward the back end of last season.
                      Nouri is just a punt. Wishful thinking more than anything for gw4 onward.

3. Milkman Bruno

It’s nice. Prefer Ayling or Struijk to Llorente myself but it’s a nice rotation with White if he goes to Arsenal. Do you plan on rotating Coufal and Noiri too?

1. The 12th Man

I’ve not looked at Coufal/Nouri rotation. Will do though.
                        I’ll have to think about the Leeds choice.

4. g_jannyg

With the United covid postponement there goes my Cavani punt.

Don't even know if the guy is in the country let alone training.

Downgrading to a 4.5 and will use the extra 4m to have some fun upgrading

1. Milkman Bruno

I believe he was due back in the country last week beginning the 19th. Had to isolate then though but should be back for the final ore season game against Everton on Aug 7th

• Dthinger

Being out of the country might be to his advantage...he might be the only striker who doesnt have covid

2. Alcapaul

Is having Sarr, Toney and Sancho too much of a risk do you think?

1. Milkman Bruno

All 3 are faulty nailed to begin imo. Sarr has good fixtures as does Toney and if they flop so be it. Prefer Harrison to Sarr though but for the first 4 weeks Sarr has the fixtures

1. The 12th Man

I like Harrison too but reluctant to double up with Raphinia especially with their opening games.

1. Milkman Bruno

I probably prefer Buendia/Harrison to Raphina/Sarr but that’s just me

1. The 12th Man

That’s also a 50/50.
                                  If I didn’t have Watkins, maybe.

2. Alcapaul

Yea Sarr is the one I'm not that high on. Would prefer Buendia but would have to downgrade Coufal to Veltman and not sure about double Brighton defence with Sanchez already in.

2. Indpush

I currently have them and haven't wavered so far.

• Athletic Nasherbo

Decisions decisions…

Sanchez
                          TAA Robertson Lowton
                          Salah Son Alli Buendia Bowen
                          Wilson Watkins

Begovic Cancelo Veltman Idah

1. The Knights Template

Some poor decisions here, that's for sure.

1. Athletic Nasherbo

Except Alli, who?

2. coriswrasse

At least offer some advice. Geez.

2. I Member

I quite like it. Don't have the guts to start with Alli myself but he could make a mockery of his 6.5m price. Bowen and Cancelo look like fun punts too.

3. Bushwhacker

Two Spurs mids first game under Nuno? Nah.

• RogDog_jimmy

Awesome work on the member's section - looking forward to diving in and getting to know it better.

I know big changes like this are hard and take a lot of work - so congrats to all involved!

• The Mandalorian

Time to sell Bruno?

Man United's pre-season has been turned upside down as up to nine players and staff have tested positive for coronavirus

1. 1912 F.A Cup Winners

Think I’m going to go Salah and Mané now for first two atleast!!

2. C0YS

Might be an unpopular choice, but I’m going with Son instead

1. FPL_WILDCARD

Sons looked brilliant in pre season games so far. I’m going for him too

3. RogDog_jimmy

absolutely in play now.

i hope we get more information - 7 u23 players and 2 staff is different than half the starting 11.

4. Dynamic Duos

Yeah may put him in my team for a sec and then sell him

• Big dog

Thinking 352 more for the two 4.5 playing bench defenders

Bachmann
                            TAA Shaw white
                            Salah Bruno Jota Raphina Barnes
                            Wilson Watkins

Foster ayling ait nouri obefami

Keep coming back to Barnes. Think at his best he is the best 7m midfielder.....if he starts

• Dynamic Duos

Sancho is with the Utd squad already ?

1. Milkman Bruno

No I think he returns with the rest of the players from the euros and copa in the first week of August

1. Dynamic Duos

Brilliant no covid for Sancho

1. Milkman Bruno

Or Shaw/Maguire/Cavani

2. Bushwhacker

Didn’t he come for his medical? So he’s in covid Carrington.

• C0YS

Pick 2:
                                A) Tomey
                                B) Buendia
                                C) Raphinha

Currently on AB in a 3-4-3, but starting to think 3-5-2 with Buendia and Raphinha is a better idea. Thoughts?

1. Dynamic Duos

Just A for me, no room in midfield for B and C

• Wild Rover

No offence, but I had my best year for ages in first year without membership. There is little you can’t find elsewhere for free.

1. Wild Rover

Ps, I never cared for stats even when I was a member. There is no substitute for watching games imo.

1. The Knights Template

More fun too.

1. Wild Rover

Tbf, watching games can be as painful as it is joyful

1. Milkman Bruno

Was just going to say this 😆

2. Deulofail

I need a substitute because I don't have 16 hours spare to watch football on top of the 16 hours I spend on here.

I don't pay for the members area. I pay to support the site which I've been using for years and enjoy being on.

There are enough twitter threads and podcasts to get more than your fill of stat related stuff as you say.

1. Wild Rover

Support the site? I used to be the same, but they are way beyond that now, they are loaded and milking it.

Well... It's annoying to read articles that are gated for members only. I do occasionally dip my toes in to the stats to confirm some decisions too. There are some direct comparisons that no one else would bother to do but curiosity sometimes gets the better of me like Bowen vs Fornals over the last 6 starts.

1. Wild Rover

Do you really need the articles and opinions of the masses on here? Any decent player should know what they are doing after all these years. Do you really think that FPL_Gobshite is going to know more than you? Or are you needing affirmation?

I don't care much for the opinion pieces. But the preseason roundups from Neal, the injury and press conference news articles and stuff like that is genuinely helpful or else I'm spending lots of time googling and digging into local news reports.

2. The Knights Template

They are happy to promote and encourage people to gamble, in the knowledge the punters will lose, and that they will profit from those losses.

Gambling isn't inherently bad. Fantasy football is gambling for a lot of people. I have quite a lot of money on the game every year and enjoy it a lot win or lose.

I don't know there's such a stigma around it. Responsible gaming is also mandatory for gambling companies at least in the UK and their resources are quite useful for those who are struggling.

1. Deulofail

If you've ever seen movies, you'll know that bad people are always at the top of the gambling tree, extorting the innocent fantasy football managers.

2. Wild Rover

Could be wrong, but I suspect you enjoy it far more when you are winning? I also suspect that nobody ever took their own life because of winning.

3. The Knights Template

None of this guff actually addresses my comment.

People choose to play the games. Again, gambling isn't inherently bad.

1. The Knights Template

That is extremely debatable.

1. Bushwhacker

Was going to say. Yes it is, unless you truly have enough money that it’s irrelevant.

2. The Knights Template

Neither is heroin I guess.

3. S.Kuqi

Yup. Its all about twitter and podcasts nowadays. We are left here with endless stream of rmts.

Few yrs ago this was the place to be.

2. Weffie von Wobbegong

Oh noes, you've finally sorted the members ticker so you can delete a week to allow for a free hit, and drag teams up and down. The day after I paid for the Hub so I could get Ben Crellin's sheet because I thought that might do it. Oh well, no hard feelings, I like the new FFS one and that's what matters.
                                  Now you just need to add price change predictions and live mini-league views and I would never need another site.

Classic stato lurker. 12 year lurker

1. Weffie von Wobbegong

I live in the shadows. Sunlight is bad for my health.

1. Wild Rover

You could stab it with your helmet

1. The Units

That made me laugh

3. machickenz

Which one would you prefer?

A) TAA, Coufal, Buendia, Alli, Iheanacho
                                  B) TAA, White, Son, Bissouma, Toney
                                  C) Digne, White, Son, Buendia, Toney

Sanchez
                                  Shaw, Forfana, Manquillo, X, X
                                  Salah, Bruno, Brownhill, X, X
                                  Watkins, Antonio, X

4. FPL_WILDCARD

Got this down as a first draft. Going away from TAA template:

Sanchez, Foster
                                  Shaw, Reguilon, Fofana, Femenia, Manquillo
                                  Salah, KDB, Son, Greenwood, Raphinha
                                  Antonio, Iheanacho, Davis

5. Deulofail

Tried to sign up but only have £17 in my account. Where to report this issue?

Ripoffsareus.com

1. Deulofail

Signed up on Ripoffsareus.com for £17, cheers.

1. Dynamic Duos

O dear, it was only £16 yesterday

😀

2. Deulofail

Inflation is crazy these days 🙁

6. Milkman Bruno

Considering dropping Raphina to Harrison in order to allow a second playing keeper. Covid cancelling games like mad.

1. IN SANE IN DE BRUYNE

Bachmann + Foster solves that

1. IN SANE IN DE BRUYNE

...not in cancelled games

2. West End Exile

Having the same thought. Fifteen starters is starting to look essential. Let the tinkering begin...

• SkyHigh

Sánchez
                                    TAA-Targett-Coufal-Digne
                                    Salah-Mahrez-Havertz-Gray
                                    Cavani-Watkins
                                    Foster-White-Raphinha-Obafemi

Based on availability Shaw/Digne.
                                    GW2: Havertz > Son

Suggestions are welcomed!

1. RogDog_jimmy

Pretty sure Digne played the last game and said he felt great. Shaw I guess we gotta wonder about covid now too...bah.

Mahrez, Havertz is a fun midfield. I think I'll end up Mahrez & Son if Bruno turns out to be a bad idea, but the Havertz > Son move is interesting to me too.

2. Wild Rover

After 11 years you need a grav. You’re welcome

1. SkyHigh

Lol.. Just wanted to see the feedback, I'm sure that the drafts of all us gonna be changed before game week based on team news report. Till then keep trying different combo, that is also fun, isn't it?

3. Earwicker

Very similar team to me. Until the news today I was on Cavani. Now thinking Antonio and 1M on upgrading Gray.

• Lovren an elevator

Could Lucas Moura actually be nailed?!

Explanation £10

1. Deulofail

Oh no. I don't have an overdraft 🙁

I accept credit

1. Deulofail

My Jedi mind tricks have worked!

Your bank account failed

• EgyptianKing

Lads you think this looks good? or weak bench too much of an issue?

Sanchez
                                    TAA Coufal Veltman Bissaka
                                    Salah Son Bruno Buendia
                                    Watkins Antonio

X Brownhill Omobamidele Obafemi

Really like the starting 11

Cheers!

1. BOATIES FC

Front 6 looks nice but I'm not sure about having to play double Brighton defense everyweek. The bench could be an issue too. It could give a flying start if it pays off

2. Dynamic Duos

AWB to 5m and get another 4.5m defender

• BOATIES FC

Sanchez
                                    TAA Digne Shaw
                                    Salah Son Mahrez Buendia
                                    Watkins Antonio Toney
                                    Steele Ayling White Brownhill

No Man U other than Shaw could be the problem but I like it at the moment

• thorvaldsson

First draft. I really like it. Do worry about Fernandes though...

Sanchez Gunn
                                    TAA Digne Coufal Ayling Coady
                                    Salah Son Sancho Raphina Brownhill
                                    Antonio Watkins Toney

• Dynamic Duos

Never seem to be able to settle on a defence, definitely the hardest area for me

1. Deulofail

Shaw Digne Tierney Coufal Ayling

If you have Fofana, you're doing it wrong