Spot the Differential

Redmond a differential for Gameweek 26 and beyond as Saints’ fixtures improve

Our selections of Harvey Barnes (£6.0m) and Martin Dubravka (£5.0m) paid off last week, so now, ahead of Gameweek 26, we go in search of more differentials that could help move you up the rankings.

There are a host of players clamouring for our attention but we’ve focused on two midfielders with promising fixtures and a defender who is looking to build on recent form, all of whom are held by less than 5% of Fantasy Premier League managers.

Steven Bergwijn

• FPL ownership: 1.2%
  • Price: £7.5m
  • GW26-30 fixtures: avl | che | WOL | bur | MUN

There are never any guarantees when a player arrives in the Premier League from the Eredivisie but Steven Bergwijn’s (£7.5m) debut against Manchester City suggests he has the quality to succeed at this level.

In from the start against the champions, Bergwijn made an instant impact when he scored Tottenham Hotspur’s opener, a superb volley from Lucas Moura’s (£7.1m) clever cross.

Stationed on the left, but with freedom to roam more centrally and even to the right flank at times, Bergwijn worked tirelessly throughout and returned ten points for the small number of FPL managers who chose to invest.

As far as debuts go, it couldn’t have gone much better.

READ MORE: Our Scout Report on Steven Bergwijn

Signed from PSV for a fee thought to be around £27m just a few days prior, the 22-year-old left Eindhoven with three Eredivisie titles and nine Dutch caps, which he’s expected to add to at the European Championship this summer.

Having been ineligible for Spurs’ midweek FA Cup replay win over Southampton, the Netherlands international should be raring to go at Villa Park, against an Aston Villa side who have conceded 14 goals in their last five at home.

As with most 22-year olds, there is still plenty of room for improvement, but with his eye for a pass, direct running and dribbling ability he’s certainly made a good first impression, and offers FPL managers a mid-price route into the Spurs attack.

Yerry Mina

• FPL ownership: 2.2%
  • Price: £5.3m
  • GW26-30 fixtures: CRY | ars | MUN | che | LIV

Following a stop-start debut campaign, Yerry Mina (£5.3m) is starting to realise his potential under new manager, Carlo Ancelotti.

The former Barcelona centre-back finally got off the mark last weekend, scoring twice in Everton’s 3-2 win at Watford.

Mina’s goal threat was a key part of his appeal when the Toffees spent £28m on him 18 months ago, having scored three headed goals for Colombia during their 2018 World Cup campaign, yet he only managed just one goal last season.

That needed to improve, and having now opened his account for the season, statistics suggest more goals are on the way.

Since Ancelotti took charge in Gameweek 19, he has recorded more shots and shots in the box than any other defender, whilst as a team, the Blues look more robust. They’ve conceded just eight goals in seven games, whilst only five teams have given up fewer big chances over the same period.

Everton are aiming to extend a four-match unbeaten run when they host Crystal Palace on Saturday, and a win would lift them into the top seven.

Clean sheet prospects are encouraging too, with the Eagles having failed to score in their last two matches. After that, it’s an Arsenal side who have only managed eight goals in seven league games under Mikel Arteta, and Manchester United who have failed to score a single goal in four of their last five.

With Mina finally putting his threat inside the box to use, the Colombian international looks an ideal gamble for Gameweek 26, and possibly beyond.

Nathan Redmond

• FPL ownership: 1.0%
  • Price: £6.2m
  • GW26-30 fixtures: BUR | AVL | whu | NEW | nor

Southampton’s transformation in recent months under Ralph Hassenhutl has provided FPL managers with several mid-price and budget options, including the standout attraction, Danny Ings (£7.0m), who now sits in 29% of squads.

However, for those on the lookout for a differential, or even an attacking double-up with Ings, Nathan Redmond (£6.2m) is worth a look.

In their recent 2-0 win at Crystal Palace, the 25-year-old set Saints on their way with a stunning opener, and added an assist in their FA Cup fourth round replay at Spurs earlier this week.

The form table has Southampton behind only Liverpool over the last eight matches, with wins over the likes of Leicester City and Chelsea, whilst Redmond’s partnership down their left with Ryan Bertrand (£4.8m) has been one of the key reasons behind their revival.

It’s not only this season Redmond has impressed though. He was a major reason why Southampton avoided relegation in 2018/19 and was voted player of the season by the fans and by his teammates, before being unexpectedly called up to Gareth Southgate’s England squad for the UEFA Nations League tournament.

With Redmond up against a Burnley side who have conceded 20 goals on the road this term, followed by Aston Villa, West Ham United, Newcastle United and Norwich City, the winger could be a shrewd pick for those in search of a midfield differential.

Become a Member and access our data

Memberships for the rest of the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the discounted price of £9.99 or the monthly price of £2.99.

avfc82 https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/11211/history | https://fplgeneral.com/articles/elite-64-manager-profile-tom-freeman/”

1. Jones Kusi
    18 days, 4 hours ago

Correct bench order and captain?

Henderson
    Taa Robbo Soy
    Salah(C) Maddison Kdb Trossard
    Jimenez Ings Vardy

Lascelles Cantwell Kelly

1. thepuntmaster
      18 days, 4 hours ago

I’d maybe have Cantwell above lascelles on bench, looks good otherwise

2. zhiren

Cantwell over Lascelles..

3. Trophé Mourinho
        18 days, 4 hours ago

Looks good, bench order correct IMO. Lascelles has a better chance of scoring or CS vs Arse, then Cantwell does scoring or assisting vs Pool

1. Ole Trafford

I agree with this

• Jones Kusi

Thanks everyone!

4. thepuntmaster
      18 days, 4 hours ago

Thoughts on this WC team?

McCarthy (Button)
      TAA - Gomez - Doherty - Lascelles - Egan
      Salah - KDB - Son - Traore - Cantwell
      Auba - Ings - DCL

Is Traore the best pick in that price bracket?

1. zhiren
        18 days, 4 hours ago

I think Traore is the best in that price bracket but is he fit to play?

2. Lecky Legs FC

Downgrade Auba > Firmino

1. Lecky Legs FC
          18 days, 4 hours ago

And upgrade Gomez to another premium defender

1. thepuntmaster
            18 days, 4 hours ago

Who you suggesting? Liverpool look so sure at the back doubling up seems clever

2. Richard Richard (AKA: Anzhi…

He's got 3x pool

3. Mortal.Swinbat
        18 days, 4 hours ago

Boly and VVD over Doherty and Gomez maybe? I like the Doherty pick but not sure what’s the best value. Can’t fault it apart from that, you’re never likely to play a SHU defender though which I feel is a mistake unless you play 433

1. thepuntmaster
          18 days, 4 hours ago

Yeah I get what you mean, would be temped to bench Doherty this week for example which seems a waste...

4. Devo-McDuff
        18 days, 4 hours ago

Not sure about DCL, after this GW awful fixtures and think he’ll struggle. I’d downgrade Auba to Jimi and if on WC would want a playing 2nd GK.

5. zhiren
      18 days, 4 hours ago

RP: How does this WC team look? Will save FT in gw 27, and then switch Kun + Mooy to Vardy + Barnes for bgw 28.

Pope
      TAA // Gomez // Tanganga // Egan
      Salah // KDB // Son
      Kun (c) // Ings // Jimi

Button // Mooy // Stephens // Hayden

1. Royal5
        18 days, 4 hours ago

Very good. Looking at something similar.

6. KDB4PREZ
        18 days, 4 hours ago

Gona be a painful week after Aguero smashes it and us without have to prey all week Salah pulls thru, FOMO is real today for me

1. Greek Freak
          18 days, 4 hours ago

Pretty much - but I'm not going to tear my team apart just to get Aguero in, so I'll just have to hope there's not much in it between him and Salah.

1. KDB4PREZ
              18 days, 4 hours ago

I feel like going Vardy& bobby > kun(C)&wood for -4.
              Would swap for jimmy and Vardy across next 2 GWS for their fixtures vs norwhich. Good idea? Or just FOMO getting to me about Kun and I need to logout?

1. Greek Freak
                18 days, 4 hours ago

Actually that might not be too bad. I'd be tempted to do it if I were you - depends on whether you think Aguero will seriously outscore Salah this week. Personally I have no answer for that question.

2. FOO FIGHTER
              18 days, 4 hours ago

Salah is the highest points scorer out of any player in the game this season now. Imagine if you capped him every GW he played.

Auto cap for me from here on in.

1. KDB4PREZ
                  18 days, 4 hours ago

True words mate prob the fact it’s close in Ml I’m in 3rd 18 points behind leader and he has Kun. Would you do the proposed above?

• Would Ed Woodward
                  18 days, 4 hours ago

I'd rather have capped the highest points scorer every week.

2. Devo-McDuff
                18 days, 4 hours ago

I’m at the game as a non Mahrez/Kun owner, count ya self lucky ha.

3. Bobby Digital
                18 days, 3 hours ago

I only need Auba to match Aguero and I'm fine.

• Trophé Mourinho

GTG?
                Henderson
                Lundstram - Boly - TAA
                (K)DB - Salah - Grealish - Alli
                Deulofeu - Bobby - Ings

(Foster, Lascelles, Hayden, Rico)

1. Ole Trafford
                  18 days, 4 hours ago

Looks good. Not fearing a 1pt cameo from Lundstram?

1. Trophé Mourinho
                      18 days, 4 hours ago

My gut says he starts and hauls lol, so yea im going with him 🙂

Plus im pretty sure I heard Wilder say Berg wont be starting neways

1. I Member
                        18 days, 4 hours ago

Did you just invent that thing about Berge?

1. Trophé Mourinho
                            18 days, 4 hours ago

Its possible I dreamt it, but pretty sure Wilder said that to Berge when he was taking him around the stadium.

1. Would Ed Woodward
                              18 days, 4 hours ago

Lol, mate, that is complete nonsense, surely?

1. Trophé Mourinho
                                  18 days, 4 hours ago

dont take my word for it, its highly likely I dreamt this and im not watching a 30minute video back to confirm it lol

2. I Member
                                18 days, 4 hours ago

What are you even talking about?

• Ole Trafford
                            18 days, 4 hours ago

Hopefully that works out for you

2. Greek Freak
                          18 days, 4 hours ago

I think even if Lundstram comes on for a 1pt cameo there's nothing to lose because it's not like Lascelles and Rico are scoring more than 2 anyway.

2. Devo-McDuff
                        18 days, 4 hours ago

Could happen of course but best to go with available data over hunches really mate.

1. Trophé Mourinho

thats how I roll, the opposite of the herd :>

1. Devo-McDuff
                              18 days, 4 hours ago

Fair enough. How’s it working out rank wise?

1. Trophé Mourinho
                                  18 days, 3 hours ago

82k at moment, been up and down recently like a yoyo, was at 30k till I made some bad captain choices. Havent been higher than 150k since GW15, really got to start nailing the captaincy, its the only thing thats been letting me down.

1. Devo-McDuff
                                    18 days, 3 hours ago

Not a bad gut then mate!

1. Trophé Mourinho
                                        18 days, 3 hours ago

tbh you have a point, how I play is not suitable to obtain high ranks. I can make differential team picks and my rank wont be affected too badly, but I need to reign in differential captain picks. Last couple of weeks Salah caps have been killing me, double I TC Bobby, last week captained Grealish.
                                        I need to be more boring and perma cap Salah, so this week im goign KDB lol. You can see I learnt my lesson 😀

1. Devo-McDuff
                                          18 days, 2 hours ago

I think there's a balance. Don't be afraid to go against the herd if you think you've spotted something the masses haven't, but don't just to it to be contrary either.

I can't think of any possible reason to expect that Grealish would score more than Salah last GW and I dare say you couldn't either!

This week I'm captaining Salah because I think he is the best option. I don't have Kun or Mahrez who are the only others I think are really in the reckoning. If I knew KDB would play further forward I might consider him but I don't think he will. Dilva didn't play at all last game so I think he will start and when he does he plays behind the striker with KDB further back. He could play in the front 3 but that doesn't happen often, especially at home, and I expect it to be Kun in the middle with Mahrez and a (rested) Bilva on the flanks.

I hope KDB does haul mind, I'm a City fan and will be there!

• Ole Trafford

Hi folks. Who to play?

A) Rico
                            B) Cantwell
                            C) Lascelles
                            D) Greenwood

Or -4 to move Someone out

1. Lumberjack

Probably C

1. Ole Trafford
                                18 days, 4 hours ago

Oooft currently playing Rico...

1. Lumberjack
                                  18 days, 4 hours ago

Tough call, I've lost faith in BOU keeping a clean sheet though.

• MoManeTaa
                            18 days, 4 hours ago

Start with Lundstram or Stephens??

1. Ole Trafford

Stephens?!

1. MoManeTaa

Southampton

1. Ole Trafford
                                  18 days, 4 hours ago

I know that I’m saying play him obviously

1. MoManeTaa

Haha okk

2. Miguel Sanchez

Stephens easy

1. MoManeTaa

Thanks mate

3. melvinmbabazi

stephens

• Wiseman Resistant ⚽⚠
                            18 days, 4 hours ago

This season is such a puke, I remember a couple of years ago when Stoke City trashed liVARpool 6-1 at home...

1. Miguel Sanchez
                              18 days, 4 hours ago

Gerrard's last game for them

2. SADIO SANÉ
                              18 days, 4 hours ago

it's like the Leicester season, everyone lost it more than Leicester won it

1. Wiseman Resistant ⚽⚠

Yea but Leicester is awesome club 🙂

1. SADIO SANÉ
                                  18 days, 4 hours ago

I was just trying to annoy Liverpool fans but maybe that was too subtle - yeah gotta like Leicester

1. Wiseman Resistant ⚽⚠

haha

this !

• Better Call Raul
                            18 days, 4 hours ago

Is there a 'best' time to play bench boost?

Noticed that 3 of my 4 have nice fixtures this week.

McCarthy(BUR)
                            Fleck(BOU)
                            Stephens(BUR)
                            Lascelles(ars)

1. Miguel Sanchez
                              18 days, 4 hours ago

That looks good enough if Southampton and Sheffield can keep clean sheets.

1. Better Call Raul
                                18 days, 4 hours ago

No advantage to waiting for a double gameweek then ? Been thinking and surely if your player has a double he would be in your starting XI anyway so there's no advantage

2. Cricket_Badger

Save it for double GW's IMO. You get 8 matches extra instead of 4

1. Better Call Raul
                                18 days, 4 hours ago

Think I'm being a bit thick, wouldn't this require a scenario where you had more players with 2 fixtures than could fit into your XI?

• manu4life99
                            18 days, 4 hours ago

Lundstrom or sell for a 4pt hit?

1. Lumberjack

Lundstram

2. Devo-McDuff
                              18 days, 4 hours ago

Can’t you bench and get rid next week?

1. manu4life99

Other defenders are Soy and Williams and I expect both to concede

1. I Member

Would play Soy.

2. Devo-McDuff
                                  18 days, 4 hours ago

True, but 2 points better than 1. In that scenario though I think I’d risk Lund, unless you don’t have enough FT to have playing team for blank. Not worth a hit otherwise.

• melvinmbabazi

D James to Traoré for -4? Yes or No

1. Ole Trafford
                              18 days, 4 hours ago

Is Traore not an injury doubt?

2. Lumberjack
                              18 days, 4 hours ago

Pretty sure Traore is a doubt...so no.

3. Niho992

Even for -16

• Warby84

McCarthy
                            Stevens Trent Bertrand Robertson
                            Saint-Maxime De Bruyne Salah
                            Jimenez Aguero (C) Ings

Dubravka Traore Mooy Fernandez

Gtg?

1. Lumberjack
                              18 days, 4 hours ago

Yeah looks good, like the Saint-Maxime pick - potentially a nice differential!

1. Warby84
                                18 days, 4 hours ago

I just did it to C Aguero..

• Lumberjack
                            18 days, 4 hours ago

Not sure what to do with my team, 2FT, 0.3m ITB, and reasonably happy with my starting 11 this week, but aware there are a couple I could do to move on. Any thoughts?

Thinking Kelly and Sidibe are ready to go, and I'll need to do something GK wise, probably upgrade Button, but need funds for that.

Currently have:

Henderson
                            TAA VVD Sidibe
                            Salah KDB Martial Grealish
                            Vardy Ings DCL

Button Cantwell Lundstram Kelly

• Karan14
                            18 days, 4 hours ago

Have to sell 2 out of Aguero, KDB & Grealish to field 11 players in GW28.
                            Could sell all 3 also.

With City's tough fixtures after GW26 and potential rotation looming I'm tempted to sell the 2 City attackers for Vardy & Son.
                            Could also do Grealish to Barnes.

1. Wiseman Resistant ⚽⚠
                              18 days, 4 hours ago

there is no tough fixtures for the team who scored the most goals in the league

1. Karan14
                                18 days, 4 hours ago

But there is rotation and except KDB no City attacker has been consistent.
                                Maybe KDB also gets rotated now with CL.

2. Devo-McDuff
                                18 days, 4 hours ago

There is increased rotation risk with Madrid looming though, plus blank

2. Brosstan

AGuero and Grealish to Vardy and BArnes simple enough

1. Karan14
                                18 days, 4 hours ago

Yup that was my plan but I do like the look of Son also specially if he's playing striker.

3. Ole Trafford
                              18 days, 4 hours ago

I’m not going to get too worked up on fielding XI in gw28 myself . I can currently but some of them are not very exciting but I still feel ok with it

1. Karan14
                                18 days, 4 hours ago

I think it's very easy to field 11 in GW28 specially with City & Villa having tough fixtures after it Aguero, KDB & Grealish are sell-able imo.

4. kuzser

I’d sell Kun and Grealish

1. Karan14
                                18 days, 4 hours ago

Not got any cash tied in KDB so I'm not too bothered about losing him. I do like the look of Son honestly.

5. Holmes (specialist in failu…
                              18 days, 4 hours ago

Kun, Kevin, Grealish to Wood/Jimenez, Mane, Son can work very well...

• Kaiser123
                            18 days, 4 hours ago

Why do i always regret my transfer after Ive done it. Kelly to Taylor. Please reassure me!

1. Brosstan
                              18 days, 4 hours ago

Burnley wont keep much CS, sorry mate!

2. SADIO SANÉ
                              18 days, 4 hours ago

boring/good move - is he more nailed than Lowton?

3. Devo-McDuff
                              18 days, 4 hours ago

It’s not very sexy is it ha

1. Kaiser123
                                18 days, 47 mins ago

Only for 4th Def. Still have to bin Kiko sometime, another 4.2 jobie

1. Devo-McDuff
                                  18 days, 11 mins ago

Lascelles, bit sexier.

4. Would Ed Woodward
                              18 days, 3 hours ago

It's only Kelly to Taylor, don't stress it.

• kuzser
                            18 days, 4 hours ago

What is the best move here guys with 1ft, 0.1itb?

1) Lund-> O’Connell (can only get Traore, but not Jiménez next week)
                            2) save and next week for free Dcl and Alli/grealish-> Jiménez and Traore/dendo
                            3) Kelly-> Stephens (double up Saints defence)
                            4) Kelly-> Saiss/Lawton and hope Lund starts

McCarthy
                            Vvd - TAA - Lund
                            Grealish- Alli - KDB- Salah
                            Vardy - DCL - Ings

Maddison, Lascelles, Kelly

• MoManeTaa

G2G?

McCarthy
                            TAA VVD Stephens
                            Son Grealish KDB Salah (c)
                            Vardy Jimenez Ings
                            - Traore Lundstram BWilliams

1. Miguel Sanchez

All set champ

2. Amey

Yep

3. Mr. Chimes
                                18 days, 2 hours ago

What's your team value? My team is incredibly similar except for Son (Mads) and Traore (Cantwell). Very jealous!

4. United2603

Pope
                              TAA VVD Sidibe Stevens
                              KDB Salah Martial
                              Vardy Ings DCL

Button Traore Grealish Rico

G2G? Any changes from bench?

5. mr messi
                              18 days, 4 hours ago

Any changes needed or save a ft?
                              Henderson
                              TAA Soy Stephens
                              Salah Traore Maddison KDB
                              Vardy Ings Auba

Cantwell Lundstram Williams

1. Ole Trafford
                                18 days, 4 hours ago

Have you money itb? I’d sell Lundstram and bench Soy this week.

6. CMJC
                              18 days, 4 hours ago

Should I start Mané? Have martial or Holgate or come in...

1. Ole Trafford
                                18 days, 4 hours ago

I’m definitely starting him.

1. CMJC
                                  18 days, 3 hours ago

I’ll follow your lead...kept him so may as well

7. Make Arrows Green Again
                              18 days, 4 hours ago

This may have been mentioned/discussed/done to death but the forecast for Sunday is for freakish gale force winds all over the country.

Will this affect the games on Sunday, do we think? Considering the added (major) randomness factor in the way that the ball will behave, is anyone reconsidering transferring in and captaining City assets in particular? That match could be a mess.

1. Greek Freak
                                18 days, 4 hours ago

Gale force winds you say? I'd get a goalkeeper and hope for a few goals from them 😀

2. Miguel Sanchez
                                18 days, 4 hours ago

You think it makes City options more or less attractive?

1. Skonto Rigga
                                  18 days, 3 hours ago

I can see it now, a gust catching a De Bruyne cross and taking it over Fabianski's head.

2. Make Arrows Green Again
                                  18 days, 3 hours ago

I think it will make the movement of the ball less predicable and this is nearly always to the detriment of the stronger team - like terrible pitch surfaces!

3. GARY AND JAMIE

City could get 10 with the wind

4. Holmes (specialist in failu…
                                18 days, 3 hours ago

Thought only Man City game might have some issue?

Sheffield game also?

1. Make Arrows Green Again
                                  18 days, 3 hours ago

Yeah that game too but the other fixture is two similarly technical teams, less of a skill gap between them than in Manchester

5. SADIO SANÉ
                                18 days, 3 hours ago

Ederson does have a big kick

6. Brosstan
                                18 days, 3 hours ago

City dont play high balls

8. Wiseman Resistant ⚽⚠
                              18 days, 4 hours ago

So what is the best tactic for FH ?
                              Use it on GW 31 or save for the 2nd DGW ?

1. Devo-McDuff

GW28 too

2. Ole Trafford
                                18 days, 4 hours ago

Depends when the doubles are guaranteed. I’d like to use it in a dgw. So WC week before dgw34 ready for a bench boost and FH the dgw32/37 whenever it is

1. Wiseman Resistant ⚽⚠
                                  18 days, 3 hours ago

yea but dgw on gw 37 is useless i would say...but yea, better maybe then to use...

9. AnfieldLad
                              18 days, 4 hours ago

Best Lundstram replacement ?

10. Champions united

M I gtg?
                              mcarthy
                              stevens TAA vvd holgate
                              salah KDB fleck
                              Vardy jimmy ings

Grealish soy cantwell

1. PascalCygan

Yeah, strong. GL

2. Gallery
                                18 days, 3 hours ago

Looks good! Considering replacing Vardy this week. How much in the bank?

1. Champions united

3.3

11. Trophé Mourinho

sick I got Bergwjin and Boly in draft muaha

• Feed tha Sheep
                                18 days, 3 hours ago

Best transfer this week (considering I have 4 players already blanking in 2GWs)

A. Vardy > Agureo
                                B. Lundstram > Stevens
                                C. Fleck> 7.5(Bergwijn)

Team is
                                McCarthy
                                TAA Robertson Soy (Rico Lundstram)
                                Salah KDB Fleck Grealish (Dend)
                                Vardy Jimi Ings

1. Gallery

A)

• PascalCygan
                                18 days, 3 hours ago

Good luck for the weekend everyone.

Anything worth a -4 here?

And is the bench order right?

Ryan
                                TAA VVD Soyuncu
                                Salah (cap) Son KdB (vc) Martial
                                Vardy Ings DCL

McGovern Dendoncker Lundstram Williams

Thanks!

1. Gallery

Hopefully Lord Lundstram will play again. GTG

1. PascalCygan
                                    18 days, 3 hours ago

Cheers mate, all the best

• Gallery
                                18 days, 3 hours ago

Worth a hit (-4) for replacing Maddison and Vardy with Mahrez and Aguero and captain one of the City players? My budget also allow me to go with just one or the other.

A) Both (-4)

b

• tomasjj

GTG?

Pope
                                TAA Holgate Lascelles
                                KBD Mane Grealish Traore
                                Jimi Aguero (c) Firmino (vc)

Button Donker Lunds Kiko

1. Royal5
                                  18 days, 3 hours ago

Ft gone? Mane not likely to start.

1. tomasjj

Yes, unfortunately.
                                    Had to ship Kelly or Lunds with it. So Kelly left.

1. Royal5
                                      18 days, 3 hours ago

Aha, yeah Kelly had to go.

1. Royal5