The first episode of the relaunched FPL BlackBox podcast was beamed live on YouTube last night, with our very own Az and Mark diving straight into the self-reflection.
The pair pull no punches as they discuss their mistakes from 2019/20, be it transfer strategies that failed to pay off or early-season gambles that were – in hindsight – always doomed to flop.
The thorny issue of team value gets a mention as debate rages over whether early transfers are a good thing, especially with the potential threat of COVID-related postponements disrupting short-term plans.
Taking a longer view, Az and Mark also consider what’s been holding them back in the last few seasons and how they can improve going forward.
There’s a first look at the duo’s Fantasy Premier League drafts for the new season, with the curveball picks of Matheus Pereira (£6.0m) and Eddie Nketiah (£6.0m) raising an eyebrow.
The YouTube and podcast links are below.
About the Podcast
The FPL BlackBox podcast is part of our Scout Network.
Each week, Az and Mark will look back on their decisions to reflect on what’s going right – and what’s going wrong.
The co-hosts will be analysing the mistakes they have made throughout the season, with the hope of learning from their errors to become better Fantasy Premier League managers.
There will also be assessments of other elite managers’ performances along the way, along with the usual chat on transfers and captains.
Best players by position:
- Goalkeepers: Budget
- Goalkeepers: Premium
- Defenders: Budget
- Defenders: Mid-Price and Premium
- Midfielders: Budget
- Midfielders: Mid-Price
- Midfielders: Premium
- Forwards: Budget
- Forwards: Mid-Price
- Forwards: Premium
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.