Sponsored by FanTeam
Missed the Gameweek 1 deadline for FanTeam‘s €1,000,000 FPL-style Fantasy game?
Fear not, as you have a second chance to enter ahead of this weekend’s action – and you won’t be starting from zero points.
Late registration is now open for FanTeam‘s season-long game, which carries a guaranteed prize pool of €1m.
Finishing in the top 5,659 places ensures a cash prize, with €200,000 of the kitty going straight to the winner.
New teams registered before the next FanTeam deadline at 11am BST on Saturday morning will be handed 70% of the average Gameweek 1 score (which equates to 46 points), so will immediately have the edge over circa 7,000 Fantasy managers who were involved from the outset.
In case you needed more persuading, here’s how you can turn your late entry into an advantage.
Those entering a new team in FanTeam‘s €1m FPL-style Fantasy game will get unlimited free transfers between now and the start of Gameweek 2.
While those who registered teams before 2020/21 got underway will only have one free transfer (and the precious Wildcard) in their locker, managers of newly entered teams will get to tweak their sides as much as they like until the next deadline.
Gameweek 1 eye test and stats
Picking a squad ahead of Gameweek 1 relies a lot on gut instinct, with the knowledge that last season’s performances and statistics may now be immaterial.
Fantasy managers entering a FanTeam squad ahead of Gameweek 1 will have the benefit of having seen 16 Premier League clubs in action on the opening weekend of 2020/21, so will be armed with line-up information, eye test observations and up-to-date underlying stats when creating their teams from scratch.
Manchester United and Manchester City Players
Both Manchester clubs, along with Aston Villa and Burnley, were without a Premier League fixture in Gameweek 1.
All four of those sides begin their league campaigns this weekend and Fantasy managers entering a team in FanTeam‘s €1m game using late registration have the advantage of being able to include the likes of Kevin De Bruyne (£12.5m) and Bruno Fernandes (£11.0m) from the off, rather than attempting to navigate a tricky blank on the opening weekend.
If you’re new to FanTeam, check out our beginner’s guide and pre-season position-by-position analysis via the links below:
- How to play FanTeam’s €1m FPL-style Fantasy game
- Best goalkeepers
- Best defenders
- Best midfielders
- Best forwards
18+. begambleaware.org. #ad
FPL Lessons Learned from Gameweek 1
- Fulham 0-3 Arsenal
- Crystal Palace 1-0 Southampton
- Liverpool 4-3 Leeds United
- West Ham United 0-1 Newcastle United
- West Bromwich Albion 0-3 Leicester City
- Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 Everton
- Sheffield United 0-2 Wolves
- Brighton and Hove Albion 1-3 Chelsea
Check your latest FPL rank LIVE on LiveFPL.net every Gameweek
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.