Fantasy Premier League managers are used to having to seize opportunities when they arise in the game. The same applies for this week’s Scoutcast when Joe and FPL Family’s Sam don’t let the chance to quiz a former champion pass by.
The pair are joined by 2016/17 winner Ben Crabtree to look ahead to Gameweek 8 and find out what it is like to win a game that more seven million people play each season.
They find out what exactly happens when an FPL manager becomes champion and how it impacts on their life. Would Ben put the achievement on his CV? Which Premier League star did he meet when he claimed his VIP trip to see his team Everton? How does he stay motivated to continue playing? These and many more questions are answered during the show.
Meanwhile, Joe, Ben and Sam, who is filling in for the holidaying Az, also look ahead to Gameweek 8’s tough decisions. Will this be the last moment in the sun for Tottenham Hotspur assets, before their tricky fixture run starts?
While the games get harder for Spurs, the Season Ticker looks far better for West Ham United and Chelsea. Our Scoutcast trio assess which players to target from these other London sides.
Elsewhere, there are all the usual features as they look back on their Gameweek 7, reveal their transfer and captaincy plans and frisk the next four fixtures.
After Karam finally picked a differential that scored the Scoutcast points last time out, Ben takes his turn this week to select a low-owned gem. Has the tide finally turned for our selections? Given Ben’s exceptional pedigree in the game, we certainly hope so.
In addition, the Scoutcast and all our other podcasts are now also available via our Soundcloud channel.
If you’re a traditional type, you can acquire the mp3 audio version via this link or the first player below. Or you can take in the full visual experience via the second player below.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.