One of today’s two Premier League matches has been called off.
Manchester City announced this morning that their meeting with West Ham United wouldn’t go ahead “due to extreme and escalating weather conditions and in the interests of supporter and staff safety.”
A date for the postponed match has yet to be announced (it remains to be seen if the winter break could still accommodate this clash) but City are facing a real backlog of fixtures, with Pep Guardiola’s troops also blanking in Gameweek 28.
Progression to the FA Cup quarter-finals (or Chelsea’s) would also force their Gameweek 31 meeting with Frank Lampard’s side to be rearranged.
City’s Gameweek 34 clash against Newcastle United would be postponed if either team made it through to the FA Cup semi-finals, although the free midweek afterwards would accommodate one of their outstanding games.
As it stands, the other Premier League match scheduled for today – Sheffield United v Bournemouth – remains on.
The Blades’ fan services account tweeted this update earlier on:
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the rest of the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the discounted price of £9.99 or the monthly price of £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.