Scout Network

Introducing the Scout Network for the 2020/21 FPL season

The Scout Network is a new initiative designed to highlight the great things going on in the Fantasy Football community.

The last few seasons have seen a boom in content creating, social media influencers and toolmakers within – so we want to help celebrate that.

The Scout Network is designed to highlight the very best voices from the community and share and develop the excellent platforms they have crafted.

It contains a variety of different people all adding something unique and different to the community. These creators all remain fully independent but they will be involved in various FFS activities throughout the season and there will be weekly articles looking at what the different members of the Network are doing.

There will be an article every week to shine the spotlight on a different member of the network as well as updates on everyone’s content.

The Network currently consists of:

• LIVE FPL

FFS International

• Dream Set Go
  • FPL Greece

Fabulous Fanzines

• We Are Brighton

If you think that you would be a good fit in the Scout Network, get in touch!

Spotlight on El Statto

El Statto is one of the Social Stars of the Scout Network. He has worked hard to gain a loyal Twitter following through the mini league competitions that he runs and during the break from football set up his Instagram page and his own website:

“I’ve been going to football matches for as long as I can remember, as a kid standing on a milk crate on the terraces to see over the grown ups. I remember Fantasy Football when it launched in football magazines and have been playing it ever since.

“I’ve been playing FPL since the 2006/07 season, although with nobody else I knew playing, my interest each season would often only last a few months. It all changed about five years ago when the company I was working for told me about their mini league. My competitive edge was sparked and since then I have managed three finishes of 20k or better.

“Having listened regularly to Mark, Joe and Granville on the Scoutcast, I heard about the #FPL Twitter community and decided to make a dedicated account to fuel my ever increasing obsession with the game.

“In the early days my Twitter account was mostly to gain access to more data that I could analyse and use to make informed FPL, rather than offering anything in particular back. As my involvement in the community grew so did my contributions and I started writing blog post for other FPL content creators. This sparked my desire to play a more active role in the FPL community.

“When the enforced break occurred earlier this year I used the gap in the season as an opportunity to learn how to do some editing and started to publish short videos. These would often focus on a particular player and their FPL appeal, spurring a growth in followings over on Twitter and also lead to me setting up my Instagram page (@FPL_elstatto) which is the perfect platform for the graphic video content I make.

“I also decided I needed a better way to service my increasingly popular mini leagues. I have been running Twitterliga and Survivor for many seasons and every year the number of participants continues to grow – as such I felt it was time to find a platform to run those leagues from properly as opposed to simply tweeting about them.

“A week ago I launched https://jumpersforgoalposts.info  Originally I planned to only use the website to run mini league updates, but it has developed since its original conception.

“The website will continue to be about the mini league but will also be a platform for other projects including blogging articles from me as well as from some other members of the community as well as key projects and tools to aid FPL decision making. There are also some fun projects such as the FPL community predictions for the season – let’s see how many of the content creators made accurate predictions for the year!

“Pre-season is the time when everyone tinkers and brings players in because they’ve just scored in a friendly. I wanted to design myself a planner just for pre-season that focused on the first 10 games, and in particular the first five.

“A few hours later I had myself a spreadsheet taking into account fixture difficulty, the blank games and comparing my selected squad against the overall gameweek difficulty. Originally this tool was intended to help my own FPL planning for the new 2020/21 season, but I decided to share it on the website and within an afternoon it had over one thousand downloads. The response has been incredible! You can download your own copy here https://jumpersforgoalposts.info/pre-season-planner/

“This season is set to be a really exciting one with the continuation of projects set in motion last season as well as the new website, blog articles and tool making as well as now being part of the Scout Network.”

Keep an eye on the Scout Network and the weekly update articles for more on what El Statto and the rest of the network partners are up to this season.

Best players by position:

Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.

1. SpagBol

Hey guys,

What do you think of this latest draft?

Cheers
    ____________________________________________
    Ryan
    TAA Vinagre Justin KWP
    Salah Auba Son
    Werner Mitrovic Adams

Nyland | Greenwood Bissouma Ferguson
    ____________________________________________

1. SpagBol

first time being top comment ! 😛

2. fcsaltyballs

i like this!!! iv been tossing up between adams and mitro but you have both, looks good

3. The 12th Man

It’s very good and nicely set up with a United player for GW 2.
      Not sure about having two 6.0m strikers. It’s one or the other for me.

4. Kloppen Schloppen

I don't think Adams is better than Ings if you are trying to "cover" Southampton..

1. SpagBol

What moves would you advise to get in Ings for Adams then?

1. Kloppen Schloppen

Drop Adams, bump Mitro and reinvest the greenwood money into a playing 6 or below asset. Think you can wait for later to get Greenwood. I also agree with the comment above, 2 x 6.0m isn't ideal as you'll be stuck in that price point without any decent options to switch around to.

5. Kobayashi

Not bad, you have the usual safe/template picks in there with a couple of decent captaincy options - Son is an interesting choice too, as well as having Greenwood from the bench for GW2.

7/10 overall from me - good work!

6. NUFCAndrew

I don’t like Adams trying to cover Ings

2. The 12th Man

Morning.
    Any love for Laporte?
    He’s currently sitting in my current draft.

1. Herman Toothrot

Sat on my bench alongside Bruno atm

1. The 12th Man

Alongside Martial for me.

2. Miguel Sanchez

Superb option this season. Could pick up a few more goals this season with KDB about this year.

1. Old Man

If Koulibaly came do you think it would help Laporte's case?

1. Miguel Sanchez

If it makes City more solid then another 20 CS isn’t out of the question

1. Old Man

I thought that he'd be a good acquisition for MCI but I was shot down in flames yesterday. Pep likes him and that's good enough for me

1. amitmishr

Laporte as a pick or koulibaly.

Koulibaly would be great
              Laporte am not too sure

Ake left a starting role at united for a rotation with Laporte role in city, so must have got assurances on gametime. 20 cleansheets but if Laporte is on bench for 8 of them, but comes for 1 point cameos, doesn't help us

1. Old Man

Laporte - every day. I thought that Koulibaly would cement up their defence a little and allow Lapoert to get forward at free kicks/corners etc - thereby increasing his tally. Ake's presence worries me a bit though ....

3. fcsaltyballs

bottomed...

How’s this guys?

McCarthy Nyland
    TAA Vinagre Davies Targett Johnson
    Salah Aubameyang Son Greenwood Armstrong
    Werner Mitrovic Brewster

Thanks

1. The 12th Man

The only thing I can see is Matt Targett. He has a blank in wk1.

Because you also have Greenwood I’d look at getting a 4.5m defender who plays week one as Johnson is not guaranteed.
      Can’t fault your other picks.

2. NUFCAndrew

Not a fan of Brewster taking up a Liverpool spot, unless he goes out on loan

3. Kobayashi

Decent team, you have most of the template players in here. Keep an eye on Brewster's loan situation - 6.8/10 from me, overall.

1. Chiogum

Are there teams you've rated above 7 ?

4. TheMooyBoys

I've always liked the idea of getting Digne as Everton's fixtures are quite nice and he's a good chance of getting both defensive and attacking returns. And with Allan signing I think that will help Everton return to being more stable at the back and hopefully grab a few more clean sheets. However his attacking returns could be under threat with James Rodriguez, who I assume would take over free kicks and possibly corners being a left footer as well I doubt they would share the role.
    So I question his value now at 6m and would have to look at either Holgate at 5m or ignore their defence altogether and look to Calvert Lewin/Richarlison who could both be in for improved seasons, because lets face it, they didn't get a whole bunch of chances towards the back end of the season so there's room for improvement.

1. Andy_Social

For me, he's the same price as Doherty. The latter has Kane, Son and Alli to supply, whereas Everton don't have the strikeforce to convert the assists.

1. Werner Brothers

Or kane son or alli who supply doherty...

2. Kloppen Schloppen

DCL needs a load of chances before he converts them, so if they can start to feed him the ball in dangerous places I like his potential more than the other Everton players. Need to see if one signing can fix their midfield though before taking the plunge.

Good point re: James v Digne on set pieces.

3. The 12th Man

Hi. I’m an Everton fan.
      There a wait and see for me. See how they gel in the first couple.
      We were on the beach after lockdown so wouldn’t totally rule them out though.
      Digne would be my number one pick but Doherty,Tierney,Laporte trump him at that price.
      Richarlison next then DCL.

4. NUFCAndrew

Doesn’t matter who they sign, it’s still Everton

1. Lebowski85

I'll take stick from alot of people but Newcastle Fans are not one of them.

5. Kloppen Schloppen

Does the current template look like this do we think?

McCarthy / Nyland
    TAA / Vinagre / Davies / Justin / Mitchell
    Auba / Mane / Son / Armstrong / Bissouma
    Werner / Ings / Davies

0.5 ITB for United switch week 2

1. Kobayashi

Mitrovic for Ings, Salah instead of Mane, not Bissouma. Most of the others are fairly accurate though, you almost have the exact template.

6. mynameisq

Aguero back fit and training

1. Old Man

He HAS to become a factor at some stage ....

1. mynameisq

For sure, Jesus did what he always does look decent sometimes but ultimately not up to the level of Kun

7. NUFCAndrew

Thoughts on this? The aim was to fit as many talisman players as possible in my team, while keeping it balanced and making it easy to swap to other players

McCarthy 4.0

TAA Davies Justin Vinagre Mitchell

Salah Aubameyang Ziyech ASM 4.5

Werner Ings Mitrovic

1. The 12th Man

Nice team.

8. Kobayashi

Which is preferable (assuming you already have another premium captaincy option)..?

A) Salah + 4.5m forward (to be benched, replaced by Vinagre) +0.5m

B) Ziyech + Martial

1. Goonsquad245

Difficult to answer without the context of the rest of your team.

If you're going to captain Salah often, it's A. If not, B.

1. Kobayashi

Thank you.

9. Soto Ayam

Here's a team that you don't see a lot.

Ramsdale,
    Taa, Egan, vinagre, 4.5 or 4,
    Auba(c), Dele, soucek
    Werner, ings, mitro

McCarthy, Taylor, Stephens, Bruno.

1itb

Auba to kdb gw3 or salah

Gonna try the rotating keepers thing this season.

1. Kobayashi

Some very maverick choices here that would easily pay off, and seems like you have a solid strategy for the upcoming GWs. Good work!

1. Soto Ayam

Wow thanks. My only concern is mitro and which of the cheap defenders to play, but they'll become more apparent nearer kick off imagine

1. Kobayashi

Fulham will likely be involved in a relegation scrap this season, but Mitrovic was the top scorer in the Championship last year, and will almost always be involved in the goals they do score.

I'm expecting a better performance from him this time, he's had chance to improve and grow in confidence since his last stint in the Premier League.

1. Soto Ayam

Cheers. No matter how others think he's a good option, I just can't get past fact that he's a mobile as an elephant and slower than one. What's worse is that I'll probably still pick him.

2. Werner Brothers

The keeper rotation is too expensive.
      You can get pope + 4.0 fodder with that price & avoid selection headache.

1. Soto Ayam

But I want the headache, at least for this season. Set and forget is boring, dont you think? I figured having rotating keepers would give me something to do each week other decide the caption and ft. Just trying to make the game more interesting for myself really.

3. Andy_Social

Pretty good except for the keeper situation - you'll never get your rotation right. I'd choose one and spend the balance in defence (4>4.5/5)

1. Soto Ayam

But at least I'll have the option to get it right. Life's all about choices so I figured I give myself one extra option with my fantasy team. It's fine if it all goes South, I jus wanna try it.

4. Old Man

I wouldn't do the rotating keepers bit - you'll end up very frustrated in the weeks when you get it wrong. I think Ramsdale might be OK - but perhaps not as good as Henderson was.

1. Soto Ayam

I know rotating keepers isnt the obvious choice here, but I just wanna give it a go. I'm hard-headed myself and always have to learn the hard way....wish me luck!

1. Old Man

I do - good luck!

5. The 12th Man

If your going that much on keepers I’d be tempted by Leno/Martinez then drop the one that doesn’t feature later.
      Otherwise 4.5/4.5 or
      6.0,5.5,5.0,4.5/4.0

1. Old Man

This is a good idea!

1. Andy_Social

I spent a few days trying to decide between Martinez and McCarthy. I moved away from Arsenal in the end. The argument that persuaded me is that your keeper needs to be at a club that don't score too many. Reason is, the keeper is in line for baps, whereas if the team - such as Arsenal - score too freely, the forwards soak up the baps.

Ramsdale at Sheff Utd would be a prime case, but either him OR McCarthy, not both.

1. Soto Ayam

Get on it mate. Ramsdalde and McCarthy's gonna be the biggest double act since Saint and Greavsie.

10. amitmishr

McCarthy steer
    Taa saiss vinagre kwp Mitchell
    Auba mane bruno mount zoucek
    Jiminez ayew Davis

0.5 itb

Mane to sterling in gw2 and mount to greenwood / Foden any other mid or jiminez to martial in gw3

11. PogBruno

Who is your best pick at these price points, irrespective of having a game in GW1?

A) Best 6.0 Def (Laporte/Doherty/Digne,etc)
    B) Best 5.0 Def (Egan/Dier/Davie, etc)

1. The 12th Man

I’m getting one of each. Laporte and Davies I think but all of those are good options.

1. PogBruno

Is Ben davies nailed u reckon?

1. The 12th Man

Seems to be. If your unsure go Doherty,Egan instead.

1. PogBruno

thanks mate

2. Kobayashi

A. Doherty.
      B. Davies. Possibly Shaw/Lindelöf if fully fit and starting.

1. PogBruno

Shaw is a good option thank you

12. Hattrick Harry

The best scoring 5.5 mid will be Harrison but will Costa or Klich be next best. And the most attacking LB/RB or wingbacks will be Ayling/Dallas if measured by time spent in opposition box, they score all their goals from open play. I have Ayling and Harrison naturally in my team.

KDB whole season captain and triple him in double week. Also TAA and Salah and I have ended up Martial/Werner in front, easy to go up or down from there.

1. Kobayashi

You're measuring Ayling/Dallas based on their Championship performance, the Premier League is another level so expect a certain level of regression.

If you mean best scoring for Leeds you might be right, but there are far better 5.5m options than Harrison.

1. Hattrick Harry

You know when you see how Leeds play, I jump on because I know what will happen.

1. Kobayashi

Best of luck!

13. Fpl_elstatto

Morning everyone.

I hope you all had a chance to look at the spreadsheet mentioned in the article last night?

Just to clarify, there is a password to unlock the player drop downs. The reason for the password is because there is a lot of linked data and formulas so to be prevent the sheet from going wrong I locked all the parts you don’t need to change.

Any issues just email me and I can send an unlocked copy. Also any feedback on it great as I would love to share it with others too.

14. Raoul Patel

Thoughts on this ? I’m taking a slightly different approach for the first 3 Gameweeks - there after I will draft in city, United players and TAA using my wildcard, Liverpool’s defense hasn’t looked itself lately and I’m banking on them conceding a goal in at least ⅔ of the opening games - I may be wrong! But this is how I line up - positive criticism and advice is appreciated.

McCarthy
    Egan. Azpilicueta. Walker-peters
    Saint-maximin. Salah. Son. Ali. Aubamayeng.
    Kane. Che Adams

Bench - 4/ 4.5 /4 /4.5

1. Trophé Mourinho

Maybe,
      Son or Alli>some fwd
      Azpil>Dier

15. Bottleandahalf

Hi folks. Please rate my first draft.
    352