Sponsored by FanTeam
The UEFA Champions League starts this evening – and you could have €50,000 in your pocket by the time the group stage ends in December.
By entering FanTeam’s Champions League Group Stage game ahead of tonight’s Gameweek 1 deadline at 17:55 BST, Fantasy managers will be in with a chance of winning a share of the guaranteed €250,000 prize pool.
Given that only 2,200 teams have been entered at the time of writing, and with the top 1,744 places assured of cash prizes, the odds are favourable to say the least.
It’s a Fantasy game without the complications, too: no Wildcards, no chips, no convoluted scoring system, no price changes – it’s a six-Gameweek, FPL-style tournament that gives you the chance to pair Robert Lewandowski with Lionel Messi and walk away with a huge cash prize in the process.
Entries cost just €25, with an unlimited number of teams per user allowed.
HOW TO PLAY: A BRIEF GUIDE
It really is nice and easy, this game, with the basic rules as follows:
- Build a squad of 15 players that includes two goalkeepers, five defenders, five midfielders and three forwards.
- A maximum of three players from a single Champions League club can be picked, with the transfer budget set at 100.0m.
- A starting XI is then selected for each Gameweek from that squad of 15, with a captain chosen to earn double points.
- Two free transfers are allowed every Gameweek, with each additional transfer costing minus four points. Managers can roll a maximum of two Gameweek transfers forward.
The points breakdown is shown above, with the minor differences outlined below.
KEY DIFFERENCES BETWEEN FANTEAM AND FPL
- There is no Bonus Points System, which is replaced by plus/minus points if a team is winning/losing during the period a player is on the pitch.
- Goalkeepers get 0.5 points for every save made, unlike the one point awarded in FPL for increments of three stops.
- Committing a foul that leads to a free-kick goal or converted penalty is penalised by minus two points.
- Midfielders and forwards get an extra point for completing the full match.
18+. begambleaware.org. #ad
LESSONS LEARNED FROM FPL GAMEWEEK 5
- Everton 2-2 Liverpool
- Chelsea 3-3 Southampton
- Manchester City 1-0 Arsenal
- Newcastle United 1-4 Manchester United
- Sheffield United 1-1 Fulham
- Crystal Palace 1-1 Brighton and Hove Albion
- Tottenham Hotspur 3-3 West Ham United
- Leicester City 0-1 Aston Villa
- West Bromwich Albion 0-0 Burnley
- Leeds United 0-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.