Timo Werner (£9.4m) starts on the left-hand side of Chelsea’s front-three as Sheffield United come to Stamford Bridge in Gameweek 8.
Frank Lampard caused some concern among Fantasy Premier League managers on Friday as he highlighted a need to manage the German international’s minutes.
However, the enforced absences of Christian Pulisic (£8.3m) and Kai Havertz (£8.3m) has left the Chelsea manager with no choice but to select Werner in the starting XI.
The fact that he sits to the left of Tammy Abraham (£7.2m) is also encouraging for his 23.4% ownership, considering the fact that Sheffield United have conceded more chances on their right-hand side than any other this season.
That should also benefit Ben Chilwell (£5.9m) in defence, while Kurt Zouma (£5.3m), who has three league goals in 2020/21, will be eyeing up the fact that the Blades have also given up the most headed attempts of any side this year too.
Chelsea XI (4-3-3): E Mendy; Chilwell, Zouma, T Silva, R James; Mount, Kanté, Kovacic; Werner, Abraham, Ziyech.
Sheffield Utd XI (3-5-2): Ramsdale; Stevens, Egan, Basham; Lowe, Lundstram, Norwood, Berge, Baldock; Brewster, McGoldrick.
Lessons Learned from FPL Gameweek 8
- Brighton and Hove Albion 0-0 Burnley
- Southampton 2-0 Newcastle United
- Everton 1-3 Manchester United
- Crystal Palace 4-1 Leeds United
- Chelsea 4-1 Sheffield United
- West Ham United 1-0 Fulham
- West Bromwich Albion 0-1 Tottenham Hotspur
- Leicester City 1-0 Wolves
- Manchester City 1-1 Liverpool
- Arsenal 0-3 Aston Villa
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.