With just over a week to go until the 2018/19 season begins, Watford players aren’t proving to be popular purchases in the Fantasy Premier League community.
The Hornets are one of only two clubs – the other being newly promoted Cardiff City – who don’t have a single player with an FPL ownership of 5% or more.
This isn’t a huge shock, looking at last season’s figures: the Hertfordshire club had the third-worst defensive record in the top flight and only one of their players – central midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure (£6.0m) – scored more than five league goals. Richarlison, meanwhile, departed for Everton last week.
Javi Gracia’s side are third-favourites for relegation with some bookmakers and their form from Gameweek 14 onwards last season – the Hornets won more matches (six) before this point than they did in their remaining 25 games (five) – was that of a team fighting the drop.
Watford’s opening three fixtures this season are enticing, however: home matches against Brighton and Hove Albion and Crystal Palace sandwich the Hornets’ trip to Burnley, who could be in UEFA Europa League action either side of that encounter.
Encouraging underlying defensive statistics, the pre-season form of Andre Gray (£6.0m) and a tactical system that encourages their full-backs to attack are worthy of note, too – all of which we will expand on in the article below.
In-depth data on Watford’s season is available in the Members’ Area, while Fantasy Football Scout members can also read our detailed analysis of the key statistics in the article below.
Read more with Scout
Pick your FPL team for 2018/19 using our list of best available players, sorted for your convenience by position and price:
Also check out our detailed statistical analysis articles on every team comparing data for the last two seasons to highlight the players to sign and the players to avoid:
Arsenal | Bournemouth | Brighton & Hove Albion | Burnley | Cardiff City | Chelsea | Crystal Palace | Everton | Fulham | Huddersfield Town | Leicester City | Liverpool | Manchester City | Manchester United | Newcastle United | Southampton | Tottenham Hotspur
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2018/19 campaign are now available for the pre-season price of just £12.50. This will increase to the regular price of £15 after the first Gameweek of the season.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 130+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.