Moving Target

Walker-Peters has fixtures but as yet unproven pedigree as a budget FPL defender

Southampton’s only significant capture of the January transfer window saw Kyle Walker-Peters (£4.4m) move to St Mary’s on loan until the end of 2019/20.

The much-underused Tottenham Hotspur right-back, who has made only 12 Premier League appearances for the Lilywhites over the last three seasons, is effectively a replacement for Cedric Soares (£4.8m), who moved to the red half of north London last month.

Walker-Peters was not considered for the Gameweek 25 clash with Liverpool because of a lack of pre-match preparation but the winter break came at a good time for the Spurs loanee, who finally made his Southampton debut against Burnley on Saturday.

Is the budget Fantasy Premier League asset worthy of consideration, then, with other Southampton defenders available for a similar amount of money?

The Saints certainly have the fixtures, as they sit top of our Season Ticker over the next four Gameweeks and have a decent-looking match against West Ham United in Blank Gameweek 28.

As part of our ongoing transfer window coverage, we take a look at Walker-Peters’ prospects in the Moving Target article below.

You can read our reports on some other new arrivals via the following links:

The History and Statistics

Progressing through Spurs’ academy and into the reserve side, Walker-Peters was first involved with the senior team as an unused substitute in the Premier League match against Bournemouth in March 2016.

Not called upon the following season, the young full-back’s full debut finally came in the opening game of 2017/18, with Mauricio Pochettino’s side running out 2-0 winners at St James’ Park.

His only other start in that campaign came in Gameweek 38, when he set up two of Spurs’ goals in a nine-goal thriller against Leicester, although there were other run-outs in the FA Cup, EFL Cup and (as a substitute) in the UEFA Champions League.

There were a further six Premier League appearances (four from the start) in 2018/19, with Walker-Peters’ season perhaps best remembered for his hat-trick of assists in the 5-0 win over Bournemouth on Boxing Day.

The 22-year-old defender started this season as first choice in his position, making the starting XI in Gameweeks 1 to 3, although the return to fitness of Serge Aurier (£5.0m) shunted him down the pecking order at right-back and Pochettino even turned to Moussa Sissoko (£4.8m) in that position in Gameweek 8 when Aurier was sidelined through suspension.

Walker-Peters wasn’t called upon by Pochettino or Jose Mourinho since, save for one run-out in the dead rubber of a Champions League tie against Bayern Munich in December.

With less than 1,000 minutes of top-flight football to his name in total, there is very little meaningful that we can analyse from an underlying stats perspective.

His minutes-per-chance created averages last season (53) and in 2017/18 (68) were among the best in the division among FPL defenders but we’re talking about such a small pool of data (374 minutes and 188 minutes respectively) that we have to treat those figures with understandable caution.

First Match – Scout Report

Become a Member and access our data

Memberships for the rest of the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the discounted price of £9.99 or the monthly price of £2.99.

1. RECKLESS

Cant believe I will atleast crack top 10k come gw 38 by getting all wrong captaincies and screwing Jim/kdb timings. Only thing I did right was holding TAA/Salah since gw 1

1. Lindelol

but you are only 40k right now so how are you sure about 10k finish?

2. FPL Kakarot

Is Sterling still injured for tomorrow?

1. FOO FIGHTER

Flagged.

2. Is BGW31 the best time to play your Free Hit?
      mynameisq

Surely the optimal strategy for free hit IS when there's only a few fixtures on, everybody that doesn't have a free hit and most likely doesn't own those players as they'll be from poorer teams will not be able to field 11 and will have to take hits. It's almost a guaranteed points advantage?

Saving it for a double to me doesn't sound too good, all the good players in doubles you should already have in your team

Granted you can make any strategy work as ultimately it comes down to who you got and did they get points but I'll be free hitting in 31

1. Holmes

With respect to your first question, not many will take hits, will probably roll with 4-6 standout players.

So I'd be guaranteed at least 10 more points from the off then

1. Holmes

Which isnt amazing for a FH I guess.

Hope for Liverpool win in FA Cup, will help you more 😉

But that's 10 guaranteed and a minimum if all extra players blank

1. b✪mber

yeah, and 5 points if they all return yellows 😉

1. mynameisq

Could be, I'm not saying it's a cert. I'm saying it's the optimal strategy

1. b✪mber

Generally yeah, you are correct - and the fewer popular teams we get in the BGW the more powerful the chip is in a way.

2. Holmes

Its not really guaranteed though, your defender can score one pointer, own goal etc.

Incase of attacking players, yeah its more likely to happen.

If as expected, only 3 games take place, not sure what FH team I would go with. Limited options means your defender might play against mids/fwds, so points potential will be limited.

FH31 is a decent plan but as of now, I cant see much upside.

1. mynameisq

Well not guaranteed anything can happen obviously but that's like me saying saving it for a double could mean all your players get rotated in the second game anyway or don't play at all or get red cards-That's just ifs and buts. I'm talking optimal strategy, 3 games = 6 teams I think people are underestimating that poor teams do get points too

Good luck whichever way you go!

2. FOO FIGHTER

This.

3. FOO FIGHTER

Why would you want to take hits for Burnley players?

GW31 will be about getting your captain spot on.

1. mynameisq

I wouldn't, I'm saying people might to field 11 or even field 5-6. If they don't then that's an immediate points advantage to someone with 11 starters

True captain can elevate the poorest team in the world but mostly there's 1 standout we all pick

1. FOO FIGHTER

Which teams are playing GW31?

1. mynameisq

We don't know the full list yet, but my guess would be not many fixtures

1. FOO FIGHTER

So free hit?

1. mynameisq

Am I saying free hit now and lock it in? I was talking about what I think is the best strategy if there's only a few fixtures (which is the most likely scenario)

2. Amey

If dead ending team in 31 & WC in 32, I'd rather save FH for a dgw.
                I'm hamstrung now myself so will use FH in a DGW as it's only chip i have now

3. Eat my goal!

Bringing in say 5 players from limited selection that achieve 2 points vs bringing in 5 players that have two fixtures from a vast selection

1. mynameisq

That's ignoring the fact that the double is so big you don't need to free hit to bring anyone in really, you should and would pretty much own all the players you wanted already for the most part

4. Trophé Mourinho

No way would I FH a blank like that, I will roll with what I have. Hopefully7-9 players, and hope I made the best picks that week. It will be a very low scoring week.

I could literally beat someone who fields 11 with just 7 better picks, or a correct captain choice on my part and fail on your choice, basically erases whatever advantage you had.

Its bad teams, no one is getting good points that week

1. mynameisq

I think you're underestimating that bad teams have matches with goals and clean sheets in them, they're harder to predict and harder to get in the person who does get points sure but there are points there. Good luck, the proof will be in the pudding

1. Trophé Mourinho

Its like loading up with West Ham for the double IMO, destined to failure. I get your points and in theory you shoulda gain some points, but theres always going to be players I want for doubles that I dont own now, for example people like Ederson, Laporte.
                        Its the most valuable chip in the game, I would rather use it any random week then in that blank.

1. mynameisq

I take your point, either method could work after all

2. I Member

In any random week your old team could luckily beat your FH team. In a blank you are guaranteed to gain points on your old team.

2. I Member

What?! Players from bad teams don't score points??? Of course they do.

1. AuFeld

Grealish and Ings come to mind.

2. I Member

I think I agree with you. Should be easy enough to get a good team out in DGW34 without FH. If Liverpool beat Chelsea you can't say the same for GW31.

1. mynameisq

Exactly, and again people are making assumptions that klopp will rotate. If you look at the fixtures he can play a strongish side, and Chelsea are crap anyway

1. I Member

People saying Klopp will play the kids again are deluded. They're 25 points clear in the league. Why would he not try to add the FA Cup as well?

Exactly, classic ffs groupthink that makes 0 sense in reality

2. Jarvish Scott Talent

Absolutely, bizarre assumption being made by many.

3. b✪mber

I would assume he values a perfect season more than a domestic double. He's also shown on pretty much all of the cup games that he doesn't give a damn, so the mistake would be to think otherwise.

1. I Member

By all of the cup games do you mean the Carabao Cup which pretty much no one cares about that took place long before they has established their massive lead in the league? He played the kids in the FA Cup because the senior team had to go to the Club World Cup and were then on their winter break.

1. b✪mber

but that's literally all we have...so yeah I mean all those games

3. HashAttack

What's the point of a FH for a dgw ... it means you cannot BB or TC

My FH is being used gw31, whatever the fixtures

1. Trophé Mourinho

well depends what chips you got left and how many doubles. I used TC in the pool double, got WC, FH and BB left. Assuming two doubles left, I freehit one. Then wildcard the second one a week prior, with bench boost in the double.

1. HashAttack

got all of them, which definitely influences my decision

• Lindelol

GW34 is a blank + double so could be a very good reason for FH

1. Jarvish Scott Talent

Especially if it is the predicted 4 to 6 teams having a DGW, and they are all/vast majority from good teams.

2. HashAttack

Think most rescheduled games are planned for gw37

I'm guessing gw34 is going to be for teams that have a backlog of fixtures - the same teams that I expect to have a blank at the weekend, so they still only end up getting 1 fixture during gw34

2. Easy Cheesy

I still think you should bring in players now who will play in GW31. Wolves (all games) and Burnley (select games) players can be played beforehand and in that week. So I’m getting saiss over say fernandez for instance this week.

3. I Member

The common misconception I'm seeing hear is that people seem to think you need your FH to have a good team in DGW34 but yet those same people are contradicting themselves by saying they're happy to have 5-7 players in BGW31. If you don't have a full team in GW31 it's because you have blankers who will then have a double in 34 or 37 therefore why do you need for FH chip for it?

1. Big Bambora

It isn't a contradiction though. GW31 is a small pool of players a lot of whom from an fpl perspective are crap. GW34 is a much larger pool with far more options which with the FH chip intact can be more successfully optimised.

1. I Member

A lot of the good GW34 options will already be in our squads though...

1. Big Bambora

Probably a good few but I want to have a full range of options rather than the limited pile of crud that is available in GW31.

4. Greek Freak

It really depends. It's a guaranteed points advantage in GW31 but not necessarily a big one - a lot of the good players will be the same as the non-free hit teams that field 6 or 7, and then it's left to mostly cr*p players to make up the advantage. It's possible of course to nail it, but there's little margin for error - you'll either have a team full of players playing against each other, or you'll have to guess right in most cases.

Of course, as you said if it's quite easy to have something close to the optimal team in a DGW without a free hit, then a blank becomes a more attractive option. But if you don't have the BB chip to play for example, having the free hit enables you to get some 3.9 bench fodder and really go for it with a premium first XI.

5. Blue&White85

I’m only expecting there to be 3 fixtures so don’t really like the free hit option. I have 5 players I expect to play: Pope, Boly, Traore, Cantwell & Jimenez. Other than getting a couple of Everton players I’m not really keen on anyone else so definitely will not be using free hit.

6. Van La Parranormal

Free hit chip nature is to be used in a bgw (not sure if that was the initial intention). The bigger the bgw the more reasons to play fh. Of course you can navigate on a bgw without it as much as you can have a decent season without a successful tc.

7. Maximus Bonimus Pointimus

It’s looking like only 2 or 3 games, maybe 4 if Chelsea beat pool

Not bowled over at the thought of free hitting in a load of Wolves, Bournemouth, Burnley, Norwich, Watford players

Especially when they’re all playing each other it’s hard for their attackers and defenders all to score well

Will have Rich, Jimmy, Taylor on board, might try sort out a GK - but FTs only in preparation I think, let the cards fall where they may

Save FH for a nice fat DGW

Probably

Possibly

1. Lukakuna

The fact that they’re playing each other doesn’t mean that any particular player can’t score well. How often does every player in your team haul in the same gameweek?

Anyway if you really want to maximise the upside, just get defenders and GK from one match and the attackers from the other ones

1. Greek Freak

Much smaller margin for error in a small GW. If you get a couple of predictions wrong about how matches go, you're close to a blank from your entire team. In a DGW you can afford to get some calls wrong and still get a big score from the others.

2. Maximus Bonimus Pointimus

With only 2 games I think it limits things hugely ( virtually everyone will have 3 pool anyways so that game becomes less relevant)

The chances of the defenders and the attackers on your team all scoring well when they're all playing each other is hugely reduced & it gets into hoping for freak occurances/miracles in the form of verve backs popping up with goals etc

All combines to signpost the gameweek as more likely to be very low scoring generically

2. RedLightning - The Last Ten…

There'll be at least 3 games:
                        BUR v WAT
                        WOL v BOU
                        and either TOT v WHU or NOR v EVE

There could be as many as 8, but that is extremely unlikely.

8. HIAFL (Howe to Train your D…

Big big noo.Have 3 wolves,2 in Burnley vs Watford and assume will have 3 liverpool and calvary lewin too.If liverpool dontplay that gw too y bother with teams with poor fixtures on fh

4. Karan14 (Brazil Nuts)

Henderson
                    TAA - VVD - Stevens
                    Salah - KDB - Grealish - Traore
                    Aguero - Jimenez - Ings

(McCarthy - O'Connell - Mooy - Stephens)
                    2 FTs & 0.0m

A) VVD & KDB ➡️ Boly & Mane
                    (Aguero to Vardy or Grealish to Barnes or both next week for a hit)

B) O'Connell ➡️ Saiss
                    (Aguero & KDB/Grealish to Vardy & Barnes next week)

Open to any other ideas too but these are two options I'm liking the most.

Cheers! 🙂

1. Amey

B is safe template way.
                      A is dangerous with Kdb EO.

I like Both options tbh. A has good upside though so A, just.

1. Karan14 (Brazil Nuts)

I agree with that.

Really not sure what to do with KDB. If I keep him this week then I think I'll be stuck with him for long. Don't like City's fixtures and if they have a DGW I do like the look of Mahrez/Sane/Sterling more as differentials.

1. Amey

Go for it then.
                          If we get dgw information before 28 deadline it'll be huge

1. Karan14 (Brazil Nuts)

If there is a DGW29 we'll definitely get info before GW28 deadline.
                            Can't reschedule a match on such a short notice.

1. Corgzzzz

Sorry guys but who will City have as DGW 29 ???

1. Karan14 (Brazil Nuts)

Chelsea or Arsenal

1. HashAttack

Probably Arsenal as that game already needs rescheduling, and looks like the hardest one to fit in

The CHE v MCI match will only have to be rescheduled is one or the other get through the 5th round which is during gw28

Seems unlikely that they would plan CHE v MCI before it is even confirmed that is needs rescheduling and there would be very little time to do it after the 5th round results

2. Amey

Excellent information.
                              Thanks for that again

5. ludaslol

What would you plan to do here in the future for the BGW28?

Pope
                    Lascalles TAA Egan Kelly Williams
                    Grealish Salah KDB Mahrez Saka
                    Ings Firmino Auba

so I have 6 players starting now, 5 blanks and 2 non starters/injuries. And only 2 transfers.. Would you do FH in this case or make an -8 next GW to field 10 atlest?

Also kinda want auba for 29 and city assets if dgw.

WC bb still in play also

6. The 12th Man

It’s ironic that Andre Gomes might make his return against Arsenal.

Son > Gomes

1. zotter

Hell No. good player. Not in fantasy terms though

7. Hakim Ziyech

It is a Sonny day here in Bahamas

1. Hakim Ziyech

& likewise fantasyfootballscout

2. FOO FIGHTER

See what you did there 😉

3. FPL Kakarot

How likely do you think Mahrez starts tomorrow?

1. jtreble

It's likely.

1. zotter

This

4. RoysCallerAnne

Son owners = unlucky, these things happen, at least you had him for a haul or two.
                      Son buyers = absolute eejits, no sympathy for you, in fact I hope another of your players gets injured playing in CL, EL or PL matches that are still left to play, just to compound your stupid error.
                      Playing the TV building game is simply ridiculous at this point of the season and arguably at any point of the season.

1. Amey

Be gentle. They're already heartbroken ...

2. mynameisq

But harsh, didn't get him myself but if I really wanted a player and was about to be priced out by 0.1 I'd make the move. Not really about value building

3. Hy liverpool

Listen to this man bitches

4. jtreble

68K managers bought Son. Kinda scary.

5. Devo-McDuff

It's not always TV building though is it, sometimes people go early if they are about to be priced out of a move for the long term.

6. FOO FIGHTER

Gotta feel for early Son buyers to be honest. You cannot predict these things.

Best differential in the game.

He served me well and hope he has a speedy recovery.

• Lindelol

Did Mane to Son two weeks ago and went well. Now will do Son to Mane to avoid any sort of haunting

• bench boost for every gamew…

a bit harsh but tend to agree at this stage of the season.

• Lindelol

Building TV in the start makes sense but yes totally agree with you at this stage

• HashAttack

I doubt if anyone is seriously buying player to build TV at this stage but being able to afford a player can be critical and worth the risk

Just done Bobby > Jimi as I need that extra 100K in 2 transfers time

7. Trophé Mourinho

Dammit Sonny, theres no mids as it is and now you gone 🙁
                          Ugh at least I dont have him, guess im sticking with Alli then

• zotter

Does alli (who I own) become a better or worse option (thinking pens)

1. Trophé Mourinho

better, as do Moura and Bergwjin. Alli should be good imo

• Amey

Worse.
                              Fixtures ain't good looking too.

• HashAttack

Problem is that Spurs are going to be stretched with the CL and not being able to rest the likes of Alli

2. The 12th Man

How does Son,Deeney >> Traore,Jimenez-4 sound.

Gives me enough to do DCL > Vardy the week after.

1. zotter

Sounds good. Perhaps Barnes instead of traore?

1. The 12th Man

Taking out Son and DCL means one less gw 31 player , hence the reason for Traore over double Leicester.

2. Karan14 (Brazil Nuts)

Sounds great tbh.

3. Hakim Ziyech

Lol @ Deeney

1. The 12th Man

Yeh, short term punt . Couple of returns. Not so good now.

1. Hakim Ziyech

...regardless, nice transfers

1. The 12th Man

Yeh Deeney > Jimenez was my planned transfer for the week but Sons injury means I’ll be able to move funds up top.

4. jtreble

Like it.

3. AD2110

Already have Trent. Would you go VVD or Robbo?

1. Devo-McDuff

Not much in it, but Robbo unless you get to do something good with the extra cash saved.

2. Hakim Ziyech

Robbo

Same double up ever since I took a deeper look at Rainer's grav

1. Hakim Ziyech

Not sure if that is good enough reason for you to bring Robbo still, so maybe VVD could be a better pick. What do you think?

1. AD2110

Agree, not much really in it. I’d probs prefer Robbo, but now thinking VVD might be more nailed and likely to pop up with the odd goal

1. Hakim Ziyech

Whatever floats your boat but Robbo floats mine

2. Hakim Ziyech

I just love the fact that they are two very attacking wing backs. Clearly the best pair in the world to me.

It's really sweet having both 🙂

3. zotter

Maybe Vvd more nailed. Not much in it

4. FOO FIGHTER

Double Pool defence is beast.

5. zotter

How does kdb. Firmino to mane. Jiminez sound?

Kdb has hardish games and blanks in the next few weeks. And probably rotation too

1. zotter

This is for a hit btw but would prob captain mane over salah this week

2. HashAttack

I was going to do that but now have to do Bobby+Son instead - luckily I can still afford it

6. FrankieTheGent

Just captained Son so happy to be getting out on a high.
                              Is Son, Aubamayang, Deeney to Mane, Ings, Jimenez a good move and worth a -4 ?

1. zotter

Very good

7. Greek Freak

Any improvements you can see in this UCL fantasy team?

Szczesny - Gulacsi
                              Lenglet - Gomez - Laimer - Pavard - Bonucci
                              Mane - Mahrez - Di Maria - Gnabry - Forsberg
                              Lewandowski - Messi - Haaland

Only 0.1 left ITB.

Planned captains for each day are Mane, Forsberg, Lewandowski and Mahrez respectively.

8. Karan14 (Brazil Nuts)

So if City get a DGW29 (mun & che/ARS) which players would you want?

Also anyone worth looking at from Arsenal or Chelsea?

1. FOO FIGHTER

How many City assets will start bot games?

1. zotter

This. I would stick with what you have and perhaps get ederson if you easily can. Tough games too. Captain kdb or aguero.

2. Karan14 (Brazil Nuts)

Maybe not many but some could start both. They face Burnley at home in GW30 which is another plus point. Pep could use that game as a rest or if one of your City attackers gets rested for one of the DGW fixture then he's probably very likely to start against Burnley at home.

• jtreble

Aguero (C) for me.

1. Karan14 (Brazil Nuts)

Yup the armband will probably be between him or KDB whoever I own.

• Amey

Might get in Mahrej

2. Noob

Question: If I have already made transfers this week, and now play my free hit, will my team next week revert to the team that I had PRE-transfers?

Essentially, I made the mistake of getting Son and dismantled the team structure to get him in - at this point I would prefer to reset with the Free Hit if possible

1. Greek Freak

If you play free hit for GW27, your GW28 team will be the same as your GW26 team.

2. Holmes

Pre transfer team

But I would suggest to cover him with bench player this week if possible and get rid in next. Much better than wasting FH.

3. Noob

Cheers both you - will consider my options...

4. Taking the Mkhitaryan

Dont compound a mistake with another mistake

3. Akshatjazz

Was thinking to bring in son, but after the news of his arm injury happy I didn't make that decision .

MY CONDOLENCES TO THE PEOPLE FOR BRINGING HIM IN AFTER VILLA GAME

1. Hakim Ziyech

Lol. The news is really sweet tbh, made my day

1. Corgzzzz

Why would you say that.....the man broke his arm.......

1. Hakim Ziyech

Tough luck on the man, he will be back stronger

2. Akshatjazz

I'm not a heartless person, it's just that I would have also brought in son by getting 2 hits and destroying the structure of my team that's y I'm happy

2. Slitherene

Currently have KdB, Auba, Egan, Grealish who do not play in GW 28, plus Doncker & a Fodder too!

Have 2 FT's. Which move seems better?

A) Fodder, Grealish, Auba -> Evans, Perez, Vardy
                                    B) Fodder, Grealish, KdB -> Pereira, Perez, Maddison

1. zotter

Why the Leicester focus btw??

1. Slitherene

Good run of fixtures from 28-30.

3. Goooo Rickie

Son > Mane
                                    Aguero > Jimenez (-4)

What do we think people?

1. zotter

Spot on

2. The 12th Man

Lovely

1. Goooo Rickie

Cheers. Will wait until Thurs night to make these moves.

1. The 12th Man

Of course.

3. Freddiebell

Good moves

4. Freddiebell

Be aware you can cover the rise on jiminez if he rises tonight.

4. zotter

Why are Chelsea faves to beat Liverpool in the cup? Is it assumed Liverpool will field the kids? Doubt they will

1. Paul Scholesy Scores Goals

Chelsea just a better team overall although Liverpool could spring a surprise

2. Freddiebell

I think Liverpool play a wakened team still. Maybe not as weak as previous rounds but I just don't see them playing the first team.

5. The 12th Man

It’ll throw a spanner in the works if Liverpool get a couple of injuries to key players tonight.

1. FOO FIGHTER

That is what they all will say 🙂

• Jullepuu

Wildcards will be played if that happens

• Shardlow

Anything worth a hit?

McCarthy (Button)
                                        TAA, VVD, Lascelles, Holgate (Soy)
                                        Salah, KDB, Grealish, Maddison (Son)
                                        Vardy, Ings (Greenwood)

0 FT 0.6 ITB

Cheers

1. Shardlow

Had already got rid of Kelly for Lascelles

• pjanns

Auba --> Jiminez

Will finance my move next GW: DCL --> Vardy.

Sounds good, right?

1. puhd

Why get rid of Auba?

1. zotter

I would do it. Everton not easy then a blank

2. Epic Fail ⚽ 墅

I'm doing something similar, so yeah.

3. Freddiebell

I'd wait and do both them moves next week

• puhd

Rico and Son out for Boly and Mane?

1. puhd

For free

1. The 12th Man

Even better

2. zotter

Yes. Only hesitation is Rico plays in 31. But if you gonna free hit doesn’t matter

• fcsaltyballs

I will likely go into GW28 fielding 10 outfield players, with Dendoncker playing being a weak link... do I use my 1FT on doing:

1. Grealish >> ?? (Improve my outfield players)
                                        2. McGovern >> Pope or McArthy (have Henderson who blanks 28 and 31)

Thanks

1. zotter

2. zotter

Or sel Henderson

1. Lindelol

considering doing Hendo to Pope. But I guess keeping Hendo and doing Button to Pope isn't a bad idea either

• manu4life99

Why are people planning in FH gw31 when the remaining fix are likely to be scraping the barrel? Surely just field as many as you can and save the FH for a big dgw where the big hitters are playing

1. Trophé Mourinho

people are dazzled, blinded by the 8 points they possibly might gain on those who only field 7/8. Or the 0 points they gain when the incorrect captain choice is made

1. manu4life99

All very strange but to each his own. I will personally be looking to maximise gw31 starters without ripping up squad. Probably hold 2 FT going into gw29 when blanks are confirmed for gw31, should have 9 gw31 starters without any pts hits which I'll be happy to stick with

1. I Member

I find it very hard to believe that you'll have 9 GW31 starters without hits if Liverpool beat Chelsea.

1. manu4life99

Well currently 4 teams with confirmed gw31 fix

WOL
                                                  BUR
                                                  BOU
                                                  WAT

Plus I expect Spurs to see off Norwich in FA cup which means these 2 teams will also have confirmed gw31 fix

EVE
                                                  NOR

I currently have

Boly
                                                  Jiminez
                                                  Traore
                                                  Sidibe
                                                  DCL

2FT in gw29
                                                  1FT gw30
                                                  1FT gw31

Total of 9 gw31 players

Plus any extras from others games which do not land as a blank (eg if che beat lpool I'd have +3 and if WBA beat NEW I'd have another +1)

1. I Member

So you plan to keep Sidibe and DCL until GW31 with those fixtures?

1. manu4life99

Yes they will be 2nd and 3rd subs most weeks so no issues there

2. b✪mber

but thats only 1 more Eve player left and than 3 players from Bou/Wat/Nor/Bur - this seems like a bad long term strategy, but I might be wrong. GL

2. I Member

Where are you getting 8 points from? You think the majority of non-FH teams will have low owned players like Richarlison, Doherty, Digne, Calvert-Lewin, Pukki, Tarkowski, etc? Any of them could haul that week.

1. HashAttack

Add in the additional points for not having to have deadwood in your team in the run up to 31
                                                No transfer wasted, no hits needed
                                                Plus save a WC in 33 when you are desperate to get rid of that dross

It's definitely FH for me

• Eat my goal!

I totally agree, there are obviously arguments for both strategies but I think you use your bench for cheap players that you use in the Blank GW

• Salarrivederci

I am considering this (due to having WC, FH & BB, and because my team is already with 13 players who are playing in GW 28)

Use transfers on players playing in GW28 & GW31 (wolves looks good here due to fixtures)
                                            Field a strong GW28 team.
                                            Use transfers on players playing in GW31
                                            Field a starting 11 in GW31
                                            WILD CARD to 15 DGW'ers.
                                            BB in a DGW.
                                            FH in BGW34

*if I keep players like Rico & Doucouré now I should be able to (somewhat easy) get myself 11 starting players for BGW31

1. Salarrivederci

Mahrez & Greenwood -> Traoré & Jiménez this GW which gives me:

Ryan - Button
                                              TAA - VVD - Lascelles - Stephens - Rico
                                              Salah - KDB - Traoré - Maddison - Doucouré
                                              Vardy - Ings - Jiménez

1.7 ITB

• FOO FIGHTER

Yeah I do not know. What sort of 11 are you going to put out in GW31 with your free hit. That is if you can put out 11 players 😀

• Eat my goal!

I was so close to bringing in Son on Sunday, so glad I didn’t, second half of the season always pays to be cautious!

1. Epic Fail ⚽ 墅

Surely that would have foooked you over if you'd done it if it happened in the first half of the season too? Freak injury innit.

1. Eat my goal!

Yes, but injuries seem to come much more often in the 2nd half of the season - can take more risks early on to build some team value whilst form players are chopping and changing.

1. Epic Fail ⚽ 墅

Yeah that's a fair point. I guess I'm just talking about his injury in isolation which isn't the kind of injury related to playing time. Just pure bad luck.-

1. Eat my goal!

True that.

• ZAWAd25

Despite blank GW28, which group is better?

A) VVD + Grealish + Aubameyang
                                            Or
                                            B) 4.4 def + Mane + Jiménez

(Also have Salah and TAA)