Pro Pundit Teams

The importance of flexibility and reacting to ever-changing FPL circumstances

This season more than ever has taught us that one of the most important skills to cultivate as a Fantasy Premier League manager is flexibility.

Right now, we have to think about what chips we are going to use in the upcoming rounds and which players can be useful in the short and longer-term.

Prior to the Premier League announcing the rescheduled fixtures for Manchester City, Manchester United, Burnley and Aston Villa I had, what I thought was, a well rounded team for Double Gameweek 19 as well as a plan for Blank Gameweek 18.

That involved Free Hitting for the upcoming fixtures and thus I set about removing players who didn’t have the form I required and also didn’t have two fixtures in Double Gameweek in 19.

Aston Villa’s Ollie Watkins

Aston Villa’s Ollie Watkin‘s (£6.1m) was a prime example of this. While his underlying statistics make for positive reading, as an FPL asset he was a frustrating one to own.

Just one return in the last eight Gameweeks, against Crystal Palace in Gameweek 15, coupled with the fact that during this period Watkins has played the likes of West Brom, Brighton and Burnley left him on shaky ground in my team as a result of his decidedly disappointing FPL points returns.

Considering he didn’t have two fixtures in Double Gameweek 19, and my plans for a Free Hit in Gameweek 18 where he could be brought back, I transferred out Watkins for Patrick Bamford (£6.6m) preparing my team for Double Gameweek 19.

Fast-forward a few weeks and the rearrangement of the Aston Villa game that they missed in Gameweek 1 into the Double Gameweek 19 fixtures and suddenly selling Watkins feels like a missed opportunity.

Had we known about the rearranged fixtures earlier I likely would have persevered with Watkins and a couple of others as they would have given me almost a full XI for Blank Gameweek 18 without needing to use a chip and then I could have held two free transfers for my Double Gameweek 19 preparation.

However, this season in particular is all about flexibility and adapting to situations as they arise. Rearranged fixtures will likely be a common theme this season, as a result of the usual postponements due to the later stages of both the Premier League and FA Cups, as well as this year the coronavirus (COVID-19) postponements.

The loss of two fixtures in Gameweek 16, as well as a further match in Gameweek 17 highlight the fragility of our FPL teams this season.

For my team, the use of the Free Hit chip in Gameweek 18 is essential. Without it, my line-up consists of five players and the suspended Yves Bissouma (£4.5m) this is not a team that can successfully achieve a green arrow this week.

I do have two free transfers and thus with a cleverly deployed -4 could field a team of eight, but doing this would mean losing some key players who I transferred in ahead of Double Gameweek 19, thus compromising my team for the next gameweek whilst still not achieving a team that I feel comfortable with in Blank Gameweek 18.

As a result the plan to Free Hit ahead of Gameweek 18 still stands.

Every FPL season that I have played and had a Free Hit chip to play the aim has been to play the very best team possible with one or at a push two decent bench options and a couple of cheap burner spots knowing that they won’t ever make the XI.

The 2020/21 season has already shown us the importance of a bench though. I have already mentioned the full match postponements that we have seen over the last couple of weeks, however this doesn’t account for the individual players who have missed out while the games they were due to play continued.

FPL favourites such as Alex McCarthy (£4.7m) Mohamed Salah (£12.6m) Kyle Walker (£6.1m) and Sadio Mané (£11.9m) to name but a few have already missed matches as a result of Covid, indeed the likes of Allan Saint-Maximin (£5.1m) and Jamaal Lascelles (£4.2m) at Newcastle have now missed eight matches through the illness if you include their Gameweek 11 match which was postponed.

Saint-Maximin and Barnes return as Newcastle host Burnley

Newcastle’s Allan Saint-Maximin

The impacts that COVID is having on the Premier League is, as a result, having an impact on the way that I am playing the game. I never captain and vice-captain players in the same match, try not to treble up on any teams just in case their game is called off and I am thinking very carefully about whether the Bench Boast and Triple Captain chips should be deployed at this moment giving the lack of notice that COVID affords to FPL managers.

The key impact of COVID on my Free Hit team is the bench. No longer do I feel safe having burn options on the bench, my FPL first team and bench all need to be decent options if I am to ensure with as much certainty as possible that I can achieve a full XI players playing by the time the final match kicks off.

However, it is also making me reconsider something that has always been a key part of my Free Hit strategies. Fielding three players from the teams with the best fixtures.

The fixtures in Blank Gameweek 18 suggest that the most aggressive strategy for FPL manager who are playing their Free Hit chip is to triple up on Manchester United (away at Burnley) Manchester City (at home to Brighton) and Arsenal (at home to Crystal Palace).

Thus leaving two spaces in the starting XI to cover Spurs, Aston Villa, Wolves, Everton, Sheffield United and Newcastle – as well as potentially Burnley, Crystal Palace and Brighton if you don’t believe that the Manchester sides and Arsenal will keep a clean sheet.

On paper, this seems like a good idea. However the loss of just one of those three key triple up matches could have huge consequences for an FPL Managers free hit points scoring ability. During Gameweek 16, I owned Dominic Calvert-Lewin (£7.8m) and Rúben Dias (£5.8m) from the postponed Everton vs Manchester City match as well as Harry Kane (£11.0m) and Heung-Min Son (£9.8m) when the Spurs vs Fulham game followed suit. This meant that even with a solid performance from my bench I was still down to only 10 men. This has had a major impact on how I play FPL in the current climate.

Now I am looking to find a balance between the best FPL assets for the Gameweek and the risk involved in owning three from one team or match. Of the three big matches only Burnley vs Manchester United is on the opening evening of the Gameweek. The other two follow on Wednesday and Thursday evenings meaning that any postponements or players missing will likely not be known to FPL managers at the time of the deadline. Thus while I feel slightly more confident in having three Manchester United players because of the timing of the match, I can’t see myself risking owning three players from Arsenal and Manchester City also.

By owning two players from Arsenal and Manchester City that allows me to also own an extra couple from the other matches thus spreading the risk factor and hopefully enabling my free hit team to achieve the most points possible – which is after all the key aim of the chip.

My current plan is for a team that looks like this, however there are still a couple of games, such as Sheffield United vs Newcastle, that I may invest further in when it comes to my bench in order to protect my team further.

By setting up like this I believe I have covered the majority of the big assets for the gameweek, with the exception of a second Manchester City defender as well as setting up my team to cover all the matches. Doing this gives me confidence that my squad has the depth to cope with any unexpected eventualities, however it does meant that it lacks the likes of João Cancelo (£5.7m) or John Stones (£5.0m) and another Arsenal player. However, if I plan to play 4-5-1 then the lack of a further Arsenal player is less of a concern than the lack of a second Manchester City defender.

There is definitely a balance to be found between the right players and the safest formation, I’m not sure that this most recent draft has yet struck that balance, however it is definitely closer than the ones that preceded it. Thankfully there’s still plenty of time between now and the Gameweek 18 deadline to get it right!

Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.

1. Baines on Toast...

Oh my oh my.

1. Flair

It's chaos!

2. Stormbringer22

Here's me just sat and doing sweet FA in terms of my team since I simply don't know what tomorrow will bring. Not only have I not made a single transfer nor have I activated the FH, I am not even planning a FH team yet since there is no point. Who knows what fixtures we will end up having in 18 (if any).

1. Who are all Lukakus

this. What's the point of those RMFHT before Carabao / FA / Covid cup going to play. Waste of time.

1. Stormbringer22

My thinking exactly. I will throw something together Tuesday morning. The pool of players to choose from isn't even that big

1. Who are all Lukakus

or just come here and copy a random RMFHT squad

2. akhilrajau

Which goal.keeper is beat in FH

A. Darlow
    B. Lloris

1. Dexters Laboratory

A!

• KAMARA-COPY

A, atleast he will play

2. Dexters Laboratory

Best United Def for One GW? Shaw.. Maguire? How would you rank them?

• Top Lad Dakes. - WC/TC left

Rather Sterling (with AWB defender) or Dias as 3rd City alongside KDB Cancelo

(Switching from 343 to 352 if Son/Kane out, bringing Rashford and Sterling in)

• FPL_Motty

This week just became the most boring Free Hit week ever. Take out Kane + Son + Grealish + Villa players, and theres hardly any options left and no interesting comparisons of non-FH teams vs FH teams. Everyone will be stuck with the same template team zzzz..

1. Whazza

Seen plenty of FH teams with Kane and/or Son.. Villa out doesn't make a lot of difference tbh

1. FPL_Motty

I would have kept Grealish on FH. Yeah so those FH teams with Kane + Son, will probably now replace them with the same options. There really isn't much of a player pool to choose from now. Son will be Rashford, and Kane will just be funds as theres no other premium strikers

1. Whazza

Let's all get a green arrow then, it's only one gw 🙂

2. Dexters Laboratory

If Spurs Vs Avl is cancelled I think we're all looking at something like
            Darlow
            Shaw Tierney Cancello
            KDB Sterling Bruno Rashford Saka
            Lac Wilson

This. The teams get pretty boring. Maybe I'll punt on Richarlison...

1. Silecro

Let me out-punt you: James Rodriguez

1. CBonci

I guess I'll punt on Siggy then

1. The 12th Man

Iwobi

2. FPL_Motty

Yeah this will be the template basically. And previously those who might have been non-FH and kept Kane + Son + Grealish against this FH team, that would have at least made it interesting. FH teams may have done way better, non-FH teams may have matched them etc, but now everyone and their dog will FH and go with the same team ..

3. Sean

Can vary up your bench cover with the 1mil leftover, the conundrum of McGoldrick or Fabio Silva as first sub!

4. El Fenomeno R9

Why Spurs vs Villa canceled?

1. Dexters Laboratory

Potentially Covid19.. big breakout in AVL. Training ground closed

5. Stormbringer22

It will all come down to people who went with double City defence vs people with double City attack. This is pretty much the last area of the FH template team that is up for some debate

1. Sean

Leno vs Darlow!!

1. Stormbringer22

And that I suppose, although I am pretty set on Darlow myself

2. Silecro

better question you should ask is SHU attack vs Palace attack 🙂

6. Trophé Mourinho

It really hasnt changed much, were people expecting Villa Spurs to be 3-5 or something?
              It has 1-0, 0-1, 1-1 written all over it and people should have been limited to two players max from it anyway.

True there is now reduced options as I had Son and need to replace him, but its not terrible, yet. If another fixture is cancelled then its really bad

1. Annie

it's changed a lot for me because I wasn't planning on using the FH and now I will probably have to.

1. Steinburg FC

same here and i'm going to lose the 2FTS for next week.

2. Trophé Mourinho

yea for people in your situation its bad, as its likely you did have 3/4 from that fixture. Freehitters shouldnt have, but many did/do for some reason

7. faux_C

Yes but the less games there are the more people will need to use the FH and so the impact of the stupid chips will be smaller. It's actually a good thing!

8. bench boost for every gamew…

No, if you take out villa spurs then many non FREE hit teams will have fewer players and the FREE gutters can gi more crazy with arsenal and United assets and perhaps also go nuts for Newcastle too. My FREE hit had son but No kane, if they dont play then it is easier to FREE hit. But result would probably be that more will FREE hit. And perhaps more will just give up

• Baines on Toast...

Did anyone else at Villa have Covid before? Or has it all come at once?

1. rnrd

it's funny to see how the possible cancellation of AVL - TOT turn non-free hitter into Frre hitters wherheas this should demonstrate that the best approach at the moment is the opposite: spread the risk rather that concentrate it.

If you FH now loading up with citizens or united players and one of these game is a low scoring one or is called off, the edge you would have got for your free hit will be less than a 20 pointer wherheas a FH played in a more secure period of time later this year could get you 50+ points advantage imo.

1. Sterling Archer

thats a bold strategy!

I think this is entirely wrong.

You're giving up 7 players for a 'theoretical' advantage later? I don't think you're gaining 50 points from a FH later in the season. How do you think this will work? You FH a DGW? Other people can just bring those players in gradually, you won't gain 7 players from it. This week's fixtures are also quite juicy for City, Utd and Arsenal.

1. FPL_Motty

Agreed. You're going in with 4 players and everyone FH has 11 optimal players. When another blank comes around, like you're saying, it will be a more stable time, so less likely for games to be cancelled last minute. Teams will have time to prepare for the blank and it would be incredibly unlikely they will end up with only 4 players. So your 4 players wil be vs their 7/8/9 at least.

2. Guru Mediation

Spot on. Suggesting a Free hit will likely gain 50 points at any point is ridiculous

• Flair

If Son, Kane, Grealish are removed from the week that provides a significant advantage to FHers. Plenty of time left but if called off, I'd say plenty of us will be convinced to push the button.

1. FPL_Motty

But there is now no FH vs non-FH. Anybody who wanted to go non-FH is now stuck going FH. Its just made it worse and more boring

1. Whazza

It's WC vs FH now!

2. El Fenomeno R9

This,have 5 players from that game

2. Keeptrying

Not necessarily.
              We are a relatively small group here on this site, so it seems like everyone is doing the same.

Personally, I still do not intend to Freehit. That may change once there is more clarity, but for now I'd be fine even with Villa / Spurs.

• wagner is king

How much worse a pick is
            Stones v Cancelo ?

The money saved would help my team in other areas .

1. Silecro

not worse, walker back also kind of complicates things for Cancelo

2. Dexters Laboratory

My FH team has Cancelo.. my BB team next week will have Stones because of the Cash I can save

3. Ajax Hamsterdam

So if villa team has Covid could their second dgw game be in jeopardy too meaning back to square one with city having only one game for week19. Meaning getting Salah back. My oh my

1. Stormbringer22

Didn't even think of that 😀 I doubt it though

4. Jellyfish

Was going to press the WC button today but this Villa news really kicks the WC in to touch now.....FH all the way!

5. Brehmeren

Wow. I have 3 Spurs and 2 Villa players.
              And stupidly made early transfers.
              Not really sure what to do. Tempted to just give up.

1. Whazza

Surely you have FH? Never give up Brehmeren

2. Stormbringer22

hit the FH button

3. CBonci

Looks like the time for the FH.

4. onceuponatyne

FH

5. Jellyfish

Lots of folk on here been warning about this.

6. Brehmeren

But this is not only going to affect gw 18. Also means no Villa in at least the first game of 19, where I also have DCL.
                Meanwhile ML rivals don't have any Villa or Everton.
                It's all just becoming too random for my taste.

1. Trophé Mourinho

Cant see Villa missing 19, probably be back by then I would have thought.

2. Manani

why no villa first game of 19? It is possible that they will be back sooner than that. Dont exactly remember how long it took for newcastle but I can guess it will be similar timeline

3. Brehmeren

The first DGW19 game is in 9 days. So it could be touch and go.

6. Obi Wan Elokobi

I’m still glad I’ve wildcarded. I can build a nice team without Villa to go forward with easily.

1. Ajax Hamsterdam

What do you do with city assets though if game v villa cancelled

1. Obi Wan Elokobi

I don’t care about 18

2. Whazza

They could all be fine for the DGW (even for 18)

1. Brehmeren

Well, players are confirmed infected. So they are not all fine..

7. Silecro

Grealish getting his fifth yellow and a ban somewhere around Valentine's day as it seems

8. jammie26

Grealish been out partying again?

1. g40steve

Was waiting for these replies 🙂

• Top Lad Dakes. - WC/TC left

Why people going Shaw over AWB?

Surely the former is way more of a rotation threat with Telles ?

1. Stormbringer22

Correct. Money issues would be my guess

1. Top Lad Dakes. - WC/TC left

Ah fair, didn’t realise there was as much price diff as there is. If Son/Kane out I think I’m looking at going double city attack rather than defence (dropping Dias), with:

Lloris
                    Cancelo AWB Tierney
                    KDB Sterling Bruno Rashford Saka
                    Lacazette Wilson

1. AgentFern

Same team as me now I've taken Kane and son out. Except I have darlow as Lloris won't be playing either

2. Stormbringer22

Double City attack is the way to go I think. I can't shake the feeling that DCL will get a goal or 2 this week - Wolves were terrible defending set pieces last week

2. Christina.

stats/cheap/set pieces

3. AgentFern

Agree

4. Jellyfish

Shaw is solid when he's fit....impressed me in the Villa game

1. AgentFern

He played well last night too

5. WE GO FOR IT

For FH18, it makes sense as Telles would probably get the FA Cup game. So, Shaw might be back for the Burnley game. There's always risk but I think Ole prefers Shaw in important games.
                  For DGW19, it's a toss up. I think they both play one each for sure. One of them could get both if United play 3 at the back vs Liverpool.

• PlayPercentage

I might just save all my chips for the last few weeks of the season.
                There will be more BGWs and DGWs, as the FA try to finish off the season before the Euros.

1. Qaiss

If the Euros even goes ahead.

1. PlayPercentage

Good point. We'll have to see how the other European leagues cope with their fixtures.

• The Mandalorian

When GW18 gets reduced to one fixture will FPL Towers allow Freehitters to field a maximum of 6 players from one team 🙂

1. CBonci

Would be comical but horrible at the same time

2. Miguel Sanchez

Ha

3. Who are all Lukakus

*8 players because you will need 15

• bitm2007

How many would you have for BGW18 if Covid 19 postpones Villa against Spurs ? 5 possibly 6 for me.

1. JBG

2. CBonci

I would have 6 starters (if Mitchell starts). Wasn't planning on FH but I would have to if this fixture gets postponed.

3. Magic Zico

4. NateDogsCats

6 + Brewster so not the worst problem in the world

• Boly Would

7 (inc Mitchell)

• Kabayan

Bruno, Burke and Lamptey,
                    LOL

• Brehmeren

10 with Villa game. 5 without.

1. kringe

Same for me, but 3 Villa instead of your 3 Spurs

• Dr Mulholland

1. Ha

5. diesel001

I did tell people not to play their Free Hit until Monday night (UK time) at the earliest after the FA Cup. But people still didn't listen. Patience is a virtue and this season, more than others, TV don't count for much if your players aren't playing.

1. Who are all Lukakus

but they are being rewarded now, no? People with triple Villa / City / United planning not to FH like me are suffering. At least for now.

2. Trophé Mourinho

whys that relevant, I literally played FH on Saturday night lol.
                    If anything, more people are now using FH, no one is regretting activating it

1. diesel001

And what if a further 4 PL games in BGW18 are postponed between now and Monday?

3. Top Mark.S

Made no difference to me. Was playing my free hit before games got added, still playing it if games get taken away. The latest news changes nothing

4. PlayPercentage

It's even worse.
                    And with GWs spread out over four days sometimes, a player declared fit before the deadline can test positive a day before the match. Like McCarthy did.

5. Danno - Emre Canada

Well if that’s the only game off, everyone will be using their FH

1. Magic Zico

I am considering WC

6. Epic ⚽ 墅

This makes no sense innit.

7. Jellyfish

I think it hurts wild carders more to be fair

The only downside to FH is if they cancel ALL the fixtures in GW18.

Right now, the FH'ers are winning especially if the Villa game gets called off.

1. Kindness

But this will just make people free hit so in the end no one wins

What about the guys that have already used FH? Also, you would technically come out ahead if you planned a FH in 18.

Because in GW19, the guys not planning to FH would be getting their SGW Spurs players back while you would have a full team of DGWers ready to BB.

9. Brehmeren

Huh? They have done the right thing..

6. Top Lad Dakes. - WC/TC left

If GW18 Villa game called off, is it likely they’d be back for the DGW?

1. Qaiss

What happened with Man City after Everton?

2. diesel001

Depends how many players tested positive.

3. bitm2007

Depends if enough players test negative.

4. Karan14

I would think so. It's still a few days away.

7. Danno - Emre Canada

Spurs v Fulham to be played instead???

1. Top Lad Dakes. - WC/TC left

Can hope

2. Mmm sausages

Fulham play on 15 Jan so it could only realistically take place on Tuesday 12 Jan. But that would mean Spurs play Sunday in FA cup and then Tuesday in league. Not likely in my opinion.

1. Silecro

City, Leicester and Palace if i remember correctly recently played saturday-monday (not even 2 full days rest), so it can be done...and spurs would probably field none of the starters in FA cup

1. Mmm sausages

Different circumstances. The fixtures you refer to were pre set as part of the Christmas fixtures. I doubt that either club would choose to agree it falling into gw18 when they don’t have to.

3. bitm2007

Possible. It's a shame that Fulham are scheduled to play in the later part of split GW18, otherwise, that game could have been played in DGW19.

4. AgentFern

Interesting point

8. Hryszko

So if the Villa v Spurs game is potentially postponed, I'd only be able to field 6 players....

Active at the FH?

1. Epic ⚽ 墅

Hope that helps.

2. Caravagio

you may aswell wait and see for aslong as possible.

3. Magic Zico

Wait but potentially yes

4. The Senate

defo wait and see what other news crops up, still 5 days and a full round of FA cup to go

9. jammie26

Why don't they just vaccinate all the prem footie players?

1. Sean

Optics

1. Sean

and moral reasons of course

2. Epic ⚽ 墅

Yeah. How stupid of them not to just vaccinate footballers.

1. jammie26

Id be happy for them to jump the queue. They provide entertainment to millions of people.

1. Epic ⚽ 墅

This was exactly the point I made about pórnstars in my recent letter to the Government.

1. g40steve

FLOL 🙂

3. rnrd

I'm not FHitting in any way in 18 even if I can only field 4 players. I am pretty sure the points difference against BG18 FHitters will be easily caught up and overtook by my FH later this year.

1. PlayPercentage

I agree. Save your chips for later in the season, when things are not so volatile.

2. Stormbringer22

Mate, who knows. Was thinking the same, however, what if later in the season we still have the same issues. The virus isn't going away in a hurry. Also, if games don't get postponed, then the FH teams will overtake you by a fair bit and you are staring at a big red arrow. It is risky of course, like everything this season. Weigh up the risks in both instances and see where you stand in the end. My opinion - FH is the way to go.

1. rnrd

no-one can anticipate where we will be in 3 months but what this says to me is that I am way more comfortable to play my FH in a DGW later this year with all the teams on the line rather than betting on only MCI and United this GW.

3. FPL_Motty

Yeah an interesting point. I've been sure that FH was better potential later in the season. But you don't have to use FH until just before the deadline, games won't be cancelled the day before. And I honestly think 4 players is really shocking and you will lose alot more ground with that than later. The next big blank in 29 can be prepared for in advance from 24, so teams won't be going in with 4 players in 29.

4. NateDogsCats

If this game doesn't go ahead (and that's a big if currently) I'll have 6 + Brewster to play and honestly I think I might just end up winging it on that

• GuenDoozy

FH is the way to go imo. 4/5 players vs 11 strong from City, United and Arsenal. You could easily lose 40 points to the free hitters

• Camzy

Already replied above. I think you're wrong.

But I do think you have a point about the volatility of this period. So I can see the argument for not BB'ing 19 as a precaution against canceled fixtures.

• WE GO FOR IT

Your argument that FHers won't gain much now but you'll gain more from it later is a little flawed. All the cons you say for the FH now could very easily be applicable to any other week down the line. You run the risk of a game being low scoring in any week.

I agree with spread the risk part. I'm a little vary getting players in from just 3/4 teams now. Might get a few frm the Wolves vs Everton game now which I was going to ignore totally.

But there's no guarantee a FH at any stage will outperform a FH at some other stage. You could very well be right and FH in future BGW/DGW might prove to be more beneficial. But you can't plan something for fixtures you don't even know. Also, you don't know what form teams will have coming into those GWs. When BGW18 was announced, no one had Arsenal players in their mind. But their recent form has made people have 2 and maybe even 3 players inthe squad now.

Obviously, there's no right time to play the chip. I just like taking decisions on things I know. City, Arsenal and United are in good form and have good fixtures. So, I think it's worth the risk to bet on them to get me the points now than holding the chip. As the saying goes, points ine bag are much more valuable than a chip.

5. BHA_Seagull

It's official !!
                        Percy Tau , the Lion of Judha has come to take Brighton all the way to the Champions League final.
                        I wonder how much he will be

1. Mmm sausages

Hopefully a 2.5m enabler

6. Breezyy

I’ll have to FH now if the game is cancelled many others in the same boat?

1. Epic ⚽ 墅

7. Trophé Mourinho

This is a bit annoying from the perspective that I was always using FH this week. Now everyones hand is forced, and we all going to have very similar teams.
                        Thre only benefits left are, people who already used FH, people who had FT's saved and will now lose them when activating FH. And that last point is hardly a win tbh, more feel sorry for someone losing their frees then anything I would gain from it

It's a win for you though because they will likely get their SGW Spurs players back whereas you'll have DGW players.

1. Trophé Mourinho

true but by a smaller margin, kinda had some masisve greens penciled in for 18/19 and the idea of that seems to be fading now

8. King Kohli

If Villa open their training ground even by Sunday, should be enough for the game to go ahead imo.

Best to wait for more news

1. Caravagio

dont they have to now isolate for 10 days?

1. bitm2007

Different rules for the PL a negative Covis test will suffice.

2. NateDogsCats

Yes but depends on how many players have contracted it and which ones

3. bitm2007

Yes glad I haven't used my FT's.

2. Well you know, Triffic

People are jumping the gun again with plans. Best thing to do is just wait till the day of the deadline and do your free hit or transfers because this new strain of virus is rampant in the UK right now. There's no guarantee that other teams won't have outbreaks. In fact I think they will in the coming week.

1. Epic ⚽ 墅

I was gonna say that waiting is common sense, but the regular transfers in/out show that people just don't wait for anything.

2. Jellyfish

Agree - but tracking the price rises/falls makes it oh so tempting to jump in.

3. Well you know, Triffic

Grealish must have gone to another party.