Members

Which FPL players are most involved at set-piece situations?

We take a closer look at set-piece takers in this latest Members’ article.

For those who are unaware, our Set Pieces tab details the expected corner-kick, free-kick and penalty takers for each Premier League side.

Subscribers can also see which players are getting onto the end of dead-ball deliveries, with headed attempts from set plays also chronicled.

The lists are based on a mix of information gathered from this season’s matches, last season’s numbers and pre-season friendlies, and are updated after every Gameweek as new information becomes available.

In the piece below, we study the dead-ball specialists and their teams in greater detail.

FFScout nominated for Online Media of the Year at FSA Awards 2019

You can vote for Fantasy Football Scout as ‘Online Media of the Year’ by CLICKING HERE.

Voting closes on November 30!

Become a Member and access our data

Memberships for the rest of the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the discounted price of £9.99 or the monthly price of £2.99.

1. Galza

How’s it looking...??

Pope
    Willems / Bellerin / Lundstram
    Mane / Maddison / KDB / Martial
    Abraham / Auba(c) / Vardy

Button / DougLuiz / Guilbert / Hanley

1 FT 1.3m ITB

Bellerin was my speculative Otamendi replacement punt who hasn’t done anything yet, but I’m quite happy to keep for the next few.

My plan is to save FT this week and bring in a Palace defender the following week.

Which would you suggest...

A) Guilbert > PVA
    B) Hanley > Cahill

Currently thinking A, as Guilbert is on 4 yellow cards and I like PVA as an FPL asset, however B, will give me a stronger bench going into Xmas.

Thoughts please...

1. Stoichkov#8

hold FT, great team man

1. Galza

Cheers.
        I am holding this week.
        Bringing in a Palace defender after the Pool game.

1. Stoichkov#8

I would plan to get Pool defender there probably using those 2 FT next GW

1. Galza

I have been looking at it, but it would probably mean sacrificing one of my front 7 which I’m not inclined to do at present.

1. Stoichkov#8

very true..Auba can be the one but from the other hand he is nice punt

1. Galza

That’s what I was looking at...

2. Tamagotchi Massacre

Just sacrifice bellerin for a dummy, and upgrade elsewhere. You have a speculative punt on a defender that's rarely proved worth his weight in gold, or Robbo, who is proving decent enough value and hasn't even hit third gear yet. All those games where TAA and Robbo didn't keep a clean

1. Tamagotchi Massacre

... sheet but nicked a good it assist, well add about 5-8 points on their return when the cleans turn up. It's just not worth the risk given fixtures

2. Galza

I want to give Bellerin a bit of run in my team first.
                He’s only just come back and has some nice games coming up.
                Looked quite threatening at times, if not a bit rusty, in the last game.
                It’s definitely something to consider though should he not come through for me. Ty

2. Tamagotchi Massacre

If I put myself in your shoes, my main fear would be the potential to get battered by the week that Liverpool defenders hit overdrive. We know the two big guys are capable of hitting 20-30 points between them in the blink of an eye, and that they've been a single goal from doing that on several occasions.

1. Galza

The trouble is that I would only want one and couldn’t split them tbh.
        I think having both, whilst could reap rewards, is a bit expensive and I generally as a rule don’t like a defence double up.
        I’m really happy with the rest of my team and am comfortable enough to go without a Pool def for the time being. Ty

1. Tamagotchi Massacre

I think you could be ok against Brighton, but GW14-21 doesn't best thinking about. Look at the fixtures, think about the fine line between getting away without owning them, and disaster. It's been one goal up to this point

1. Galza

You may well be right.

What’s your thoughts on my original question?

PVA or Cahill...?

1. Tambling5

All the way...go PVA!

1. Galza

I think you may be right.
                Got to be some good returns with those fixtures..

1. Tambling5

I like your plan overall. Going for doubling up Liverpool defence will mean you end up with the same team as everyone else. If Williams of Man U continues to play after international break may be a good choice also. Only two dodgy fixtures when could be benched.

1. Galza

Will keep an eye on that.
                    Could be a decent Hanley replacement. Thanks

3. Don Van Vliet

Very similar to my current set up. I'm also looking at bringing in a Palace defender next week.

2. Stoichkov#8

Ryan, Button
    TAA, Soyoncu, Tomori, Lundstram, Rico
    Salah, KDB, Maddison, Martial, Mount
    Vardy, Abraham, Greenwood

With 2.6 ITB and assume Salah is ok where would you upgrade?
    In general what would be your next move here?

1. Galza

Greenwood > Ayew...??

2. Riverside Red

Greenwood to Ings

3. Little Red Lacazette

Lose Greenwood to playing attacker.

3. Dannywaz

Pope
    Taa Robbo tomori lunds soy
    Mane mount sterling madders donks
    Tammy vardy jimi
    0.2 itb 2fts ??

1. Dacra

Can't see any change..

2. DantheManinaPan

Incredible team.

I'm not close to being able to afford that

4. Dacra

How's this looking?

Pope (Mcgovern)
    TAA - Soy - Rico (Lundstram, Tomori)
    Salah - Kdb - Teilemans - Mount (Dendoncker)
    Auba - Vardy - Abraham

0ft
    0.4itb

Last chance for Auba I guess.

1. Hy liverpool

I woulf Start Lundstram over rico/Soy/Mount

1. Dacra

Indeed, cheap defender fixture priority doesn't seem to be wise with Lund..

2. Riverside Red

Similar thoughts on Auba

1. Dacra

Fixtures though, again selling before Norwich will be tough.. Hoping he does well so don't have to make a decision..

5. shapply

I don't know what to do with Cantwell. I have 1FT and 0.6 itb, this is my team:

Pope, Button
    TAA, Lundstram, Rico, Tomori, Hanley
    Mane, KDB, Sterling, Cantwell, Hayden
    Jimenez, Vardy,

any suggestions? maybe just upgrade Hanley and leave Cantwell in my team? I think I would do -4 to get rid of him

1. shapply

of course: Jimenez, Vardy, Abraham

2. Hy liverpool

Sterling and cantwell to Son and Martial/pulisic/Maddison

1. shapply

3. HurriKane

Sterling Cantwell ---> Pulisic and Maddison

Use the extra cash to upgrade hayden to grealish/mcginn after their fixtures clears

1. shapply

cheers mate

6. Little Red Lacazette

1FT 0.7ITB. Roll FT?

Pope
    TAA Lundstram Soy
    Mane Sterling Tielemans Mount
    Tammy Wilson Vardy

Button Cantwell Tomori Diop

1. HurriKane

Wilson to Jimenez no brainier

2. Hy liverpool

Yep.. Keeping wilson this week amd then switch to jiminez might be wrong thou. But i think it worth the risk

1. Little Red Lacazette

Leaning on this too.

7. True Deadzoner

Thought on Mount? Worth keeping whole season?

1. HurriKane

Yh. He'll probably will be top scorer for 7m or below mids come end of season baring any injuries

2. Hy liverpool

I won't even keep him one more week

3. RECKLESS

I am keeping for next 5 and then if Martial stays fit or Rich does decent in tough matches, get them

4. diesel001

Time to say goodbye.

Pulisic, Abraham, Willian are hogging the shots when before Mount was hogging them.

1. HurriKane

Pulisic will be rotated with CHO in buxy hectic Christmas schedule.

Mount is lampards golden boy and will play all matches barring any injuries

5. drughi

will keep him for the next 3 most likely and see after that what to do

6. THFC4LIFE

Holding this week then maybe an upgrade to Pulisic next week

7. Karan14

Pulisic, Willian, Martial, Maddison, Tielemans, Grealish, Trossard all around the similar price point.

With so many options around you have make the most of form and fixtures.
      I'll be rotating the those 4tg-5th mid spots in my team throughout to maximize points potential.

8. FPL Virgin

Him and Heaton are the biggest concern in my team, which means they will be sold asap.

9. DantheManinaPan

Plan was to give him one more game vs City to evaluate the Pulisic move.

Pulisic is destroying him stats-wise at the moment.

That said, price and rotation risk are making me think I'm better off just keeping Mount...

8. HurriKane

Unpopular Opinion

Vardy will regress. Thoughts?

1. RECKLESS

Of course he will but worth keeping till Liv blank and then getting Spurs, wham cover.

2. diesel001

Of course he will. But when?

This guy holds the PL record for consecutive games scored in. He is in the form of his life. He could easily score in 10 games in a row, particularly given his fixtures and that he is on penalties.

1. HurriKane

Not sure when but at current rate he is projected to get 290 points come end of season. Thats salah level in his best fpl season

Surely Unsustainable. Btw im a Vardy owner as well

2. diesel001

Scored in 5 of his last 6 (only failed against Liverpool) and is on a scoring run of 4 games straight.

3. drughi

Thats what I thought also with him and mahrez in the 15/16 season, didnt end well for me

4. Ron_Swanson

Unlikely. What’s your opinion based on?

5. GuenDoozy

Just a little bit. But I can see him finishing around the 250 mark which is still incredible.

1. Devo-McDuff

Exactly.

• FOO FIGHTER

I thought Abraham would go missing and he hasn't. I would not bet on Vardy going missing either. Not in that Leicester team.

• Maximus Bonimus Pointimus

I remember in pre season saying that a big reason I was so interested in Vardy for this season was actually as much Brendan Rodgers rather than purely Vardy himself

It’s not all that long ago (well 6 or 7 years, but time does fly) that Rodgers took a different premier league team to within inches of a title, with another extremely talented striker reaping extreme FPL benefits from being Rodger’s attacking talisman

We kept expecting that striker’s output to relax a little that season, but he just kept going and finished with 31G 17A from the 33 games he was allowed to play after his massive ban for an extremely unsavoury incident with a local rival had finished

I don’t think Vardy will finish with quite that many returns obviously (say what you want about Mr. Suarez’s temperament and disciplinary record,p, but he was/is an EXTREME once in a generation talent... although he also had the FPL price tag to go with that which Vardy doesn’t have to shoulder)...

But equally Vardy must already be on 25+ returns from Rodgers 23-ish games so it’ll be interesting to see if that regression does arrive or does the Rodgers factor keep him ticking

Either way he’s already paid his way and then some for those who got in at 9.0 anyways 🙂

• RECKLESS

It largely depends in how feel Lei are going to end up in league. If you feel they will finish top 4, Vardy will surely be around 285mark, if top 6 which is likelier around 250pts as he is the sole attacking end point of Lei. Everything is created for him by Maddo and tielemans. Plus they dont have nailed superfast wingers so no one will steal Vardy points like how Traore may for Jim or Rashford for Martial, Laca for Auba etc

1. GuenDoozy

Interesting that you mention Traore. I'm keen to replace Cantwell asap and have exact cash, considering this move

1. Devo-McDuff

If you have nothing else urgent, that's a great move IMO. I think Traore will create for Jimi rather than steal his points. That right wing spot looks like it might be his now rather than him being a utility man. Presuming he is 5th mid though as I'm not sure I'd trust him to be in my team every week just yet.

2. FPL Virgin

It's guaranteed that he will regress. His goal conversion rate is impossible to sustain. He simply can't keep scoring a goal with every other shot.

1. bench boost for every gamew…

no such guarantees in life, and do you think he will regress from now until end of season or just for some period of games? Part of reason why Vardy and Auba does well is that they are strikers of the old school, clinical and have that sense to know where they shall be in front of goal, when you combine those two you don´t need thousands of chances.

2. Devo-McDuff

What if his shot rate goes up and his conversion rate goes down, he could potentially then have a similar goal output while his stats regress. Leicester are a team still adapting to Rodgers style of play and looking better and better as the season goes on. There's a lot of creators in that midfield and on the flanks, he could well get more chances as the season goes on.

3. CARROW ROAD

You said the same before last game

4. Maximus Bonimus Pointimus

I presume when you say “he is guaranteed to regress” you mean you are specifically referring to his goal conversion statistic?

Because I also assumed (possibly incorrectly!) that when Hurrikane said “regress” he was referring to Vardy’s FPL points statistic...

This is an important differentiation - because his FPL points, and his goal conversion, are two very different things 😉

“Regress” is also a little bit of a broad term in this context - it could drive folks to lose sight of the fact that “regression” in isolation isn’t necessarily always an automatic negative for pure FPL purposes

For example, Vardy could go from scoring 92 points in his first 12 games, to scoring 82 in his next 12 games...

That would be a “regression” (of over 10%!), and it also would be a direct regression specific to his FPL points into the bargain (rather than an indirect regression to one of his underlying statistics, such as goal conversion which isn’t directly linked to his FPL points)...

But even with that “regression” he’d still be churning out points like nobody’s business for a 9.0 🙂

3. Amey

I said this @ the start of the season & will say it again.
            This will be Vardy's season !
            He'll outscore Kane.
            He has always been very very clinical in his finishing. Leicester are playing so well atm that they creat enough chances for him to get return literally every GW.

BR has been the turning point since he joined last season. Getting Vardy serves us well last season & will keep serving us similar way this season.

Bit yeah, he won't keep 40% convertion rate. But even if that falls to lets say 25 %, is that bad ?? I don't think so.

Doubling up on attack from Leicester is key now for next 5 gw's instead of wondering about Vardy's xG now

4. HurriKane

Cheers all. I was playing devils advocate btw 😉

• RECKLESS

Which is the craziest move you have read here on FFS this season?
          For me it has been
          Mount + Son to Siggy + Eriksen

1. GuenDoozy

Pepe in

• Corgzzzz

Anyone and almost everyone who continue to bench Lundy

2. RedWolf

Selection headache for the next round, help please!

Defence, pick 1 from Lunds, Soy

Front 7, drop 1 from Maddison, Mane, McGinn, Pulisic, KDB, Tammy, Jimi, Vardy

3. Fernando Torres

Sterling + Greenwood -->
            Jimi + Son. 2 FT.

Gives me front 8 of

Maddison Mount Son KDB Mane
            Tammy Vardy Abraham

1. DantheManinaPan

No likey.

The best front 7 you will be able to play each week will be worse than before

4. THFC4LIFE

Morning all, just setting up my team for gw13, which 2 of these would you play?

Mings Lundstram Söyüncü Mount

Cheers all

1. diesel001

Lundstram and Soyuncu.

2. Phil's Stamps

Lund Mount

3. drughi

Lundstram and mount

4. Stoichkov#8

Lundstram and Soyoncu

5. Eat my goal!

Was expecting jimmys yellow flag to disappear but it has jumped to Maddison - wtf!

1. drughi

haha yes was happy yesterday with no yellow flags and wakes up to a new fresh yellow flag

2. Stoichkov#8

Ignore all injury news during IB

3. Trossard or not Trossard

I got 3 yellow flags on Salah, Trossard and Pulisic. Don't panick and just wait for another week 😉

4. Fernando Torres

Play Mount or Rico?

1. drughi

Mount, citys defense is suspect

2. FPL Virgin

I'm playing my cheap defenders over Mount.

As a general rule of thumb though, people always say to play the attacker.

1. Fantasy Gold

Do the opposite of what Virgin thinks.

Always served me well in the past.

1. FPL Virgin

I fully endorse this strategy.

2. Corgzzzz

What !! ....you must still be drunk.....Jimmy will rip them apart

5. FPL Virgin

I was a bit drunk and a bit upset last night. Sorry all 🙁

1. Jarvish Scott Talent

The stock Prince Andrew line.

1. FPL Virgin

😆

2. Corgzzzz

No problem HRH Andew

1. FPL Virgin

Haha, it was just a classic case of IBS.

(International break syndrome).

1. Fantasy Gold

You have your first beer did you Virgin?

Mummy let you loose on the drinks cabinet?

1. FPL Virgin

Jager and red bull unfortunately.

Paying for it on the WC this morning however.

3. asquishypotato

That doesn’t explain your ramblings the rest of the time though?

1. FPL Virgin

One man's ramblings is another man's Shakespeare.

6. GuenDoozy

Traore now nailed?

1. FPL Virgin

Looks that way after Nuno's quotes about him.

1. GuenDoozy

Really? What did he say?

1. FPL Virgin

"He’s playing very well. He’s sticking to his tasks and helping the team. He’s unique, he gives you these moments that only he can produce."

1. GuenDoozy

Cheers!

1. FPL Virgin

I live to give.

2. Dynamic Duos

Team pretty goosed now, with 3 of my super midfield injured, Salah, Maddidon and Pulisic

1. GuenDoozy

Pulisic is fine. Classic IB injury.

• Corgzzzz

All three will be fine

1. Fantasy Gold

Love all the doctors on here

1. GuenDoozy

I actually dont think Maddison and Salahs injury is nothing. Maddison would have been in line to start vs Kosovo and Salah pretty much confirmed the problem on his Instagram.

• unitednations

Morning, have 1ft and 0m itb...

Pope Heaton
                        Taa Lundy Rico — Lascelles Tomori
                        Sterling Kdb Martial Mount — Cantwell
                        Tammy Rashford Vardy

A: Sterling + Cantwell (price dropping) > Mane + Dendocker (-4)
                        B: Rashford + Mount >> Maddison + Jimenez (-4)
                        C: Save FT and reassess next gw
                        D: Something else? Frustratingly 0.1m off to to lascelles/rash > robbo/ings (-4).

1. Christina.

why sell rashy? nice differential

2. LewanGOALski

C, save it

3. Galza

Probably save.
                          You’ll want a Pool attacker very soon though...

• LewanGOALski

WC:

Gazza
                        TAA - Soyu - Lund - Cahill - Rico
                        KDB - Mane - Martial - Maddison - ___
                        Vardy - Tammy - ___

which for the missing spots in this core of the team?

A) Pulisic + Connolly
                        or
                        B) Mount + J.Ayew

thx

1. Dynamic Duos

Prefer Mousset to Ayew. But A

• Strchld

Pope
                        TAA - Soysauce - Rico - Lundstram - Reid
                        Sterling - KdB - Mane - Martial - Mount
                        Tammy - Vardy - Wickham

What I should to do? 2 FT, 0.0 itb.

Players I would like to get in: Robbo, Salah and Maddy. Looks that losing Sterling would be only way..

1. Dynamic Duos

Salah and Maddison are injured

1. Strchld

I mean If they are fit..

2. Galza

Yeah, would have to be...

Sterling + Reid >
                          Maddison + Robbo...

1. Strchld

Thats what Im also thinking, but then having a big benching headache

1. Galza

Nothing wrong with having a strong bench, especially with Xmas fast approaching...

1. Strchld

If it looks that Maddy and Robbo are fit, would you do those moves?

1. Galza

My personal preference is not to double up in defence.
                                  It’s a bit different with TAA and Robbo on the other hand, but it’s a lot of money to invest.
                                  It’s not for me, however I can see why it’s popular...

2. Strchld

Sterling only 1 card from suspend..

3. Kip

Sterling+Mount => Salah+Tielemans?

1. Strchld

Thats an option yes.. Really would like to get Maddison (If fit) over Tielemans..

• Inazuma X1

Do we expect Southampton's fortune to change for next 6 GWs and see them moving out of the bottom 3 and rack up some points?

Or do we see them continue their poor form?

Who do you think will be a nice differential punt from the Saints?

1. Amey

Ings or nothing

1. Inazuma X1

Any midfield options?

1. Amey

Well, i love Redmond pick but won't suggest you that. Southampton are dead team atm. Only Ings looks doing something.
                              Or if you are looking for 8th cheap attacker Djenpo/jwp could do well

2. Eat my goal!

Ings or NOTHING

• Riggs

Ryan (Button)
                        VVD Lundstram Syouncy (Kelly) (Matip)
                        Mane KDB Maddison Mount (Cantwell)
                        Auba, Vardy, Abraham
                        2 FT, 0.1 ITB

What transfers to do?

1. Amey

Matip out Newcastle/BURNLEY Defender IN
                          Roll the other FT

Auba will be great for next 2 gw's for you.

• Brosstan

Salmon-like qualities?

1. Eat my goal!

Jumping upstream in white water!

• sentz05

Is this a good time to use wildcard or are we thinking there's a better time to use it?

1. Phil's Stamps

GW18 or until the last mo in case of an emergency. There's no point wrecking a solid squad just for the sake of using it. There's a 50:50 chance I won't use mine or at best use it to negate a -4 or -8.

• FPL Virgin

How on earth did Traore not get bonus points to go with his assist in the Villa game?

1. Eat my goal!

dispossession and poor passing

1. Amey

That's integral part of his game along with amazing Speed 😀

2. Bouncebackability

Probably the other 15 dribbles where he ran off the pitch like Forrest Gump.

• FirMinaMiMo

Mrg folkz 🙂

Could anyone tell about the big DGW in this season and ideal time to use WC chips befo dec28 !!!!???!!

Any thoughts to share???

1. Concrete

“The destruction of words is a beautiful thing”

1. FirMinaMiMo

????

2. royals forever

On WC which MF combo do you prefer

Mount & Pulisic
                            Tielemans & Maddison
                            James & Martial

Any ideas would be welcomed

1. Eat my goal!

B only Maddison injury could really scupper that

1. Ginkapo FPL

What do you think option B is?

2. Amey

Tielemans Pulisic/Tony

3. Karan14

Those mids postions are giving me a headache.

3. Ginkapo FPL

Can anyone actually get to set piece tab on mobile since it moved?

4. Jinswick

Would you wildcard this lot?

Ryan, Button
                            TAA, Digne, Soyuncu, Lundy, Aurier
                            Salah, Sterling, Mount, JWP, Dendo
                            Abraham, Wilson, Pukki

Bank 0.1m, 1FT

Players I’d consider bringing in would be:

Robbo, Mane, Maddison, Vardy, Pulisic, Jimenez, Auba, Pepe, Son

1. Jinswick

Oh and Martial

1. Ginkapo FPL

Thats 6 midfielders! What do you actually want?

2. Ginkapo FPL

You cant bring in all of those players. You cant afford them all.

1. Jinswick

Those are players I would consider bringing in. I’m not saying I would bring them all in.

1. Ginkapo FPL

Well I wouldnt wildcard till you know what you want

1. Jinswick

Thanks for that

1. Fantasy Gold

What’s your rank Jinswick?

1. Jinswick

Rubbish this year - circa 1m

3. Karan14

Yes I'd definitely wildcard.

4. Sailboats

Yes i would.

5. No Professionals

Wouldn't wildcard. Assuming you want rid of Digne, aurier, wilson and Pukki. Some of those have good fixtures this week so I'd do it over 2 weeks.

5. Aaa

Ryan/Button
                            TAA/Soy/Lund/Rico/Mendy
                            Sterling/KDB//Madd/CHO/Cantwell
                            Vardy/Tammy/Jimenez

Mendy & CHO/Cantwell -> Janmaat & Martial for -4?