Fantasy Premier League managers have already begun debating whether Matt Doherty‘s (£6.0m) move to Spurs makes him a better or worse asset.
We have compared the former Wolves man with the options already on offer in north London, with some further assessment of his clean sheet potential too.
Fantasy Football Scout user Sully29 neatly outlined the dilemma facing FPL managers:
The issue isn’t whether he will be attacking, it’s whether he’ll be able to attack in the same way he does at Wolves. Because if he doesn’t then his price becomes a problem.– Community Member, Sully29
This article will examine not only the differences between Doherty and Serge Aurier (£5.5m) but also how Jose Mourinho has used full-backs previously in his career.
It will touch on the defensive progress Spurs have made under their new coach – as highlighted recently by Pro Pundit Sam Bonfield – and help FPL managers decide if the new signing should be included in their 15-man squads.
A key feature of how Tottenham Hotspur set-up under Mourinho is the use of an advanced right-back.
Best players by position:
- Goalkeepers: Budget
- Goalkeepers: Premium
- Defenders: Budget
- Defenders: Mid-Price and Premium
- Midfielders: Budget
- Midfielders: Mid-Price
- Midfielders: Premium
- Forwards: Budget
- Forwards: Mid-Price
- Forwards: Premium
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £17.50. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.